»
Topic: General Update: 99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March
Replies: 22   Last Post: Mar 17, 2017, 4:49 PM by: TigerCook®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 22  

General Update: 99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March

emoji_events [11]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 11:46 AM

99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March

Read Update »

link

When Men were Men. God Bless you COL Skardon

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 11:58 AM

and Thank You for your service!

2021 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg link

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

Amen to that.****

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 12:08 PM

link

Re: When Men were Men. God Bless you COL Skardon

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 7:38 PM

My favorite prof at Clemson. Sensational man! God bless!

2021 orange level member link

Re: General Update: 99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March

[2]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 12:01 PM

RING of HONOR...favorite prof by far!

link

Re: General Update: 99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March

[2]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 12:07 PM

Skardon is truly a Clemson legend but also much more, a national legend. I spent the morning interviewing him at his Clemson home for an article I wrote several years ago. There aren't enough words to express my admiration and gratitude for what this man endured and for his service to country.

military_donation.jpg link

[4]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 12:07 PM

My English Lit. professor in 1977. Great American and great teacher! Dressed in a suit and bow tie many days for class.

Always wanted to know if we could speak Geechee.

:)

link

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 12:08 PM

Incredible story, an awe inspiring representative of the Greatest Generation.

link

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 12:11 PM

Prof for both my mom and dad in 1966. Knew about his story but not the most recent stuff. Awesome.

link

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 12:18 PM

His Legend will never die !

link

The book, "Ghost Soldiers" should be required reading...

Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 12:55 PM

...for every American.

The book details the horrors these men endured.
If you ever think you have it bad, read this book. It will give you a new outlook on life.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

[2]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 1:18 PM

Why am I not surprised that a man of this character, faith and integrity graduated from Clemson? Back in the time when men were men and honesty was your creed...We could all learn a lot from his example... May God always hold him in the palm of his hand ??

link

Love you Colonel Skardon. Great teacher and even better person.

[2]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 4:17 PM

Learned trchniques in his technical writing and public speaking classes I still use over 30 years later.
He is an inspiration and proud he is a Tiger!

link

God bless this man and those of that era

Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 4:48 PM

We don't see many like this any longer.They are out there, it will just be years before their stories are told.

link

Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 4:49 PM

Pssst. These entitled millennials aren't good enough to carry his brief case.

link

My uncle, my father's oldest brother, survived the Bataan

Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 5:57 PM

Death March. His other three brothers also served in various theaters during WWII...

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 6:27 PM

Wow. I expect a video and full recognition at Military Day this season! No excuses!! Just do it.

link

Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 6:28 PM

Wow. I expect a video and full recognition at Military Day this season! No excuses!! Just do it.

link

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 7:05 PM

I had that dude as a professor in a Technical writing class. He was a hard ###.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg link

Wow, what an incredible man.***

Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 7:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg link

#ACCFTS

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 9:23 PM

Just joined to post here after reading TigerNet for years. Hah, TomTom--you definitely were a student! You all who had him as students should try to go to the March--it's an honor to meet wounded warriors, etc. Also, 100th birthday celebration this summer (hopefully!).

link

Extraordinary courage, unbelievable what he survived there!

[1]
Posted: Mar 15, 2017, 10:10 PM

Proud of this remarkable Clemson Grad., My Father graduated with help of GI Bill(Marine in worst battle in Pacific at Okinawa) in 1951, My Uncle Jack a Fighter Pilot in Europe graduated in 1952, my brother Johnny grad. and got Masters Degree there in 1970 and I graduated B.S. in 1966. My Brother Barry was killed in Vietnam in 1969 as a Helicopter Pilot. GO TIGERS!

2021 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg link

Today's Snowflakes could learn so much from thisQ***

Posted: Mar 17, 2017, 4:49 PM

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Replies: 22  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 6 season tickets and a parking pass for sale. My wife has a compromised immune system, so she is not...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2753 people have read this post