Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does our starting QB @ UGA depend on the development
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1,274

Does our starting QB @ UGA depend on the development

Jan 25, 2014, 1:21 PM

of our run game?

I ask because I think Stoudt is capable given a strong ground game. But, if we are gonna have to depend on the read option and rushing yardage from the QB spot, then either Chad or Watson are likely.

Hopefully 1 of the red shirt backs turn into that 220 pound hammer that we need so badly.

That said, if we have that back AND a duel threat QB, then Chad's offense goes to a whole new level.

I would think, aside from getting these QBs game ready this spring, our main focus will be trying to emulate Auburn's ground game as closely as we can.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does our starting QB @ UGA depend on the development

Jan 25, 2014, 1:30 PM

There's no reason to sell Stoudt short in any phase of the game. He is smart, accurate, confident and will scramble when it is necessary and he has never lost a game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to see Stoudt get the starting role ...

Jan 25, 2014, 1:31 PM

I would love to see our ground game develop and have Stoudt be the starter while RSing Watson. Stoudt has been impressive every time he has taken the field. I know it was "mop-up" duty, but that doesn't change the fact that he made excellent throws and has had time to learn The Chad's offense. Then he has game time experience which is hard to beat when we go live between the hedges. I like this kid and truly hope he earns the starting role.

i agree - (lemme take it a step farther)

Jan 25, 2014, 1:39 PM

if we develop a power run game.

however, Kelly and Watson were made to run the zone read.

Do you think we see multiple QBs in Athens?

I think it's very possible ...

Jan 25, 2014, 1:53 PM

Even if Stoudt is the clear front runner for the job, I think throwing Kelly in the mix with a good power running game only adds another dimension to the offense. Kelly could actually prove to be a lethal weapon with a good run game, if his head is on right and he knows the offense.

Personally I don't like the 2 QB systems. It seems to me that everytime I see a coach utilizing this type of offense it becomes more predictable because of each QB's attributes. You already have a notion of what's coming.

i detest a 2 QB system

Jan 25, 2014, 2:15 PM

I think that if you have to use 2 QB, then you don't really have 1 QB.

I hope we have a clear cut winner out of fall camp, maybe even spring.

RS Watson and using Kelly in mop up this year is ideal. that way, the can battle it out next spring to see who gets the job and on somewhat equal footing.

Maybe...but I truly thought USuCk would run the ball with

Jan 25, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to I think it's very possible ... ]

Pharaoh Cooper (sp?) and I think he passed the ball quite a bit. If a D assumes they know what is coming...that could be deadly and knife to the heart for the D.

Stoudt runs better than he is being given credit.***

Jan 25, 2014, 4:51 PM [ in reply to I would like to see Stoudt get the starting role ... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt

Jan 25, 2014, 1:47 PM

Every time Stoudt comes in, he scores. Put him on the field!!

Re: Does our starting QB @ UGA depend on the development

Jan 25, 2014, 1:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbSbtnzZG4

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think Chad or Stoudt start/share time...DW will assuredly

Jan 25, 2014, 2:04 PM

be a RS. It is #### near impossible for a true freshman to beat a senior (who in case many forget, is pretty darn talented himself) for the starting job. Those two have been in the system too long. Many of them have SEEN and help relay plays against their opponents in the ACC, they've seen the talent from UGA, they've seen the option from UGA TECH... I can't believe some of yall actually think DW will come in a start against UGA...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I think DW is very talented and the sky is the limit for his potential, but many on here are way too quick to label him a Cam Newton, a Jameis Winston, or a Johnny Manziel...lets see the kid play against collegiate competition first. It's a whole 'nother level from high school.

While it's probably true that Kelly is a better runner than

Jan 25, 2014, 2:11 PM

Stoudt, and Watson is clearly very athletic, it doesn't necessarily follow that they have an overall advantage over Stoudt. Yet, that seems to be the faulty assumption many people make. If they are totally equal in every other aspect, then sure, they would have an advantage; but they probably aren't. Also, there seems to be the assumption that Stoudt is strictly a drop back passer with zero mobility who would be totally ineffective running the read option - but we really don't know that; he may be very effective, and more mobile than people think.

I don't care one way or the other, I just want the best QB(s) on the field. I think it will be a battle, and I think we may see more than one QB play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think that is true...I remember seeing him scramble

Jan 25, 2014, 2:15 PM

...can't remember which game, but it did look like he had a good pair of wheels under him...

Could be. I'm not saying he's the next Woody Dantzler,

Jan 25, 2014, 2:22 PM

or that he's as good on his feet as Kelly or Watson. I'm just saying he may be good enough on his feet to be very effective in this offense. We just don't know yet.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: While it's probably true that Kelly is a better runner than

Jan 25, 2014, 2:17 PM [ in reply to While it's probably true that Kelly is a better runner than ]

Stoudt is definitely NOT a statue. He can scramble for sure. But, I wouldn't want him having to get crucial yards with his feet. He is savvy and knows when to run, but that is a lot different than being the featured RB as TB was many times this year.

I RB size this coming season will be night and day compared

Jan 25, 2014, 2:20 PM

to last. We've got a handful now well over 200 lbs. I think we'll let these guys get those tough yards with his feet.

***I 'believe' RB....***

Jan 25, 2014, 2:21 PM

tellem coot***

Jan 25, 2014, 2:23 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tellem coot***

Jan 25, 2014, 2:23 PM

really? that's all you have to offer? pathetic.

The OP is a gamecock fan***

Jan 25, 2014, 2:25 PM

Re: The OP is a gamecock fan***

Jan 25, 2014, 2:29 PM

doesn't talk like one and is fairly well informed about tiger football. I couldn't tell ya anything about the coots team next year and what they are looking at, so I have to believe that he's a Clemson fan or a coot devoted to all things Clemson football. The former is easier to believe.

The difference is you aren't OBSESSED with coot football

Jan 25, 2014, 3:08 PM

and being on a coot board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go look through his posts

Jan 25, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: tellem coot*** ]

And check out the constant subtle digs he takes at clemson. The guy has no life he comes on here posting as a clemson fan

Re: go look through his posts

Jan 25, 2014, 2:31 PM

Well, I'm new around here so I won't pass judgement on anyone just yet other than some of the ones I've seen that can't handle anything critical about our team/staff/school/. So I'll just read some more.

hang around long enough and you will be able to smell them

Jan 25, 2014, 2:35 PM

But in all seriousness most will tell you the OP is a GameCock fan.

Message was edited by: THS Athlete 50®

and you couldn't possibly be more wrong

Jan 25, 2014, 3:04 PM

about anything in your life.

I get it. You don't want constructive criticism or anything on here that might TAINT your Lord and Savior Dabo Swinney.

Don't sweat it Edisto. Its just their way of running off intelligence around here.

You RS, you are a backup for 2 years, then you start.

Jan 25, 2014, 2:24 PM

Simple....Stoudt will be the man this year.

Kelly for 2 years

Watson for 2 years

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

That is the most likely scenario, I believe, BUT ultimately

Jan 25, 2014, 2:45 PM

the guy who gives us the best chance to win will play, regardless of how long he's been here.

- H. L. Mencken

Watson won''t be on the bench for 3 seasons

Jan 25, 2014, 3:04 PM [ in reply to You RS, you are a backup for 2 years, then you start. ]

I he is, then Kelly will have undergone a miracle development.

Re: Watson won''t be on the bench for 3 seasons

Jan 25, 2014, 3:14 PM

i tend to agree with this. If Stoudt wins the job this year, then either Kelly OR Watson will leave after spring '15....depends on who gets the job.

I see Cole starting because of experience

Jan 25, 2014, 4:53 PM

and it's a big game. Chad might come in for a few plays but on the first series I think we'll see Cole out there.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1,274
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic