Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COVID Blame Game going to Shift under Biden Admin?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 348

COVID Blame Game going to Shift under Biden Admin?

Nov 4, 2020, 1:59 PM

Not that I want anyone to die, but if there is no vaccine there is a good chance the attached shows what will happen. The plot just extrapolates the current time history of COVID deaths into the future.

Biden will assume responsibility for over 500,000 American deaths before the end of his second year. He is the one that has promised to "stamp it out" so seems fair he should own it by then.

I assumed "something" would happen to reduce the death rate next summer (thus the change in the slope of the orange line).

Questions:
-You Dems good with Biden taking blame?
-Will the media still report total COVID deaths or will they report Trump deaths and Biden deaths?
-Will the media still blame Trump for the whole thing anyway and attribute no deaths to Biden?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COVID Blame Game going to Shift under Biden Admin?

Nov 4, 2020, 2:06 PM

What's going to be incredibly different about the way Biden, as opposed to Trump, would handle COVID is very simple: he's actually going to try to handle it. Trump tried to pretend it didn't exist, then kept claiming it would disappear, then turned mask-wearing into a culture war, then kicked the matter to the individual states so he could blame them for anything that happened - while incidentally tweeting "Free Michigan!" when the governor tried a lockdown. And by and large he seemed to resent having to compete with the virus for attention, and pretty much acted irritated all the time we kept bothering him about it. And oh, yeah, he seethed with jealousy about all the good pub his infectious-disease expert was getting because Trump and only Trump is allowed to command center stage.

Whereas I suspect Biden will just, you know, roll out a reasonably intelligent plan and then try to implement it, and probably without trying to incite insurrections in states that have major breakouts.

The way Trump handled COVID was a disaster and a disgrace, and anybody who tries to defend it is a partisan moron. Sorry. It's hard to be more inept than Trump was over the thing.

Nov 4, 2020, 2:08 PM

Nov 4, 2020, 2:19 PM

T3Tiger® said:

Trump handled it fine for people who were actually paying attention, could read, and weren’t looking for a scapegoat. Others require a nanny state I guess.

^^^One of the morons Quozzel mentioned.^^^

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2020, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: COVID Blame Game going to Shift under Biden Admin? ]

Understood and actually agree with some of that.

But, I am assuming COVID is as vicious and tricky as it seems to be, which means in practical terms, there's not a lot that can be done to reduce deaths beyond what has been happening (wash hands, masks, distancing). Of course, other than a complete in-home lockdown.

Nov 4, 2020, 2:21 PM

NC_Tiger_ said:

Understood and actually agree with some of that.

But, I am assuming COVID is as vicious and tricky as it seems to be, which means in practical terms, there's not a lot that can be done to reduce deaths beyond what has been happening (wash hands, masks, distancing). Of course, other than a complete in-home lockdown.

Massive testing will identify cases and isolate them to stop the spread. Trump made masks a political statement and far too many people followed his lead in refused to wear them. If everyone wore a mask for 6 weeks the virus would die out.

Nov 4, 2020, 2:09 PM

Nov 4, 2020, 2:17 PM

Nope, still blaming Trump and the GOP. "All lives matter!" (except people who die from covid)

Vaccine will be here soon, National Guard

Nov 4, 2020, 2:19 PM

is already in the ready to head out and set up administration sites. This will happen Q1 of next year and Biden will reap all of the benefits when it is accomplished. When really, it was the Trump Admin that got it all set up and prepared.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Biden was going to just stop the virus altogether?

Nov 4, 2020, 2:29 PM

Biden is going to wrangle that Corn Pop coronavirus by the neck, and say "Listen here, man, you've got to stop this malarkey" - and all will be well, and we'll live happily ever after....??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2020, 2:41 PM

LOL...Biden "Year 2"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 348
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic