Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COVID-19 plea for sanity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,372

COVID-19 plea for sanity

Mar 26, 2020, 10:20 AM

We all miss sports, eating out, going to church, seeing our grandsons or daughters play sports but thankfully there are experts that are smarter than we are and there is a reason we are in a crisis. Do not be like our President and think that this will end soon, read what the experts say, write down the number of cases each day and you will see why. Realize that over 3.5 million people have already lost their job and there will be more. No need to blame or question. Just pray.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COVID-19 plea for sanity

Mar 26, 2020, 10:24 AM

Agree...but don’t ‘just’ pray...God have us all a brain for something...let’s use them.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:39 AM

guessing have means gave here

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 10:55 AM

Yes...my brain doesn’t communicate well with my fat fingers.

Elephant in the room. How long is this crisis?

Mar 26, 2020, 10:40 AM

I posted this in another post:

How long can a country sustain a shutdown? How many more TRILLION (with a T!) dollar Bills can they sign? When is the next T$ Bill? Next month, year, 5 years? I live in Switzerland, so I watch Al Jazeera and up pops the UN General asking the Developed Countries (USA, etc.) for money to help the less fortunate countries. Which is part of his job and I get it. But, does anybody know how long this Pandemic will last? Let's say the US does the good thing and donates some money. And in 5 years, after the US has signed X amount of these T$ Bills, will we be going to the UN for countries to help us? By then NOBODY will have any money. It's a serious & difficult scenario that people have to face. And believe me, I'm no fan of opening everything up right now. We're on shutdown (not shelter-in-place) in Switzerland also. The decision on how long the US stays shutdown is going to have to be made and we need to be prepared for the consequences.

Stay well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Mar 26, 2020, 10:43 AM

Yeah .... no need in being optimistic when we can stay depressed and feel like this pandemic will never end!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 10:52 AM

He didn’t say that and he is the only one right now speaking truth about the balance in this whole ordeal.

We can’t stay shut down anywhere near as long as doctors suggest, if the only consideration is our medical guidance we would shut down every flu season to cut down on flu deaths. No? Absurd? Do you not care about those lives? Oh it’s an acceptable price to have a society? Exactly.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:59 AM

Still doesn't makes sense how the president has anything to do with something no one can control. Keep the president out of something that is out of everyone's reach. Nobody knows what to do so I don't think its too smart bashing the President over something out of his reach..

Mar 26, 2020, 11:38 AM

Mac10 you are correct we are in new territory. But we do know that time is critical in this battle. Bashing the pres is not about "now" but the record is clear that as a country we wasted two months getting serious. Buck still stops at the top. Now we have to move on based on science.

Mar 26, 2020, 7:37 PM

Mr. 1943...you sound like one of those experts who haven't been through this before. I'm always amazed how 'experts' pop up like flowers in the desert after the rain. They're flowers...just like always!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 11:10 AM

Yes! This!

Let's keep panicking!

Let's declare martial law!

Let's start shooting people who don't stay home--don't they know they'll kill us all? It'll be justified!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

‘I’d love to have it open by Easter’ - Trump

Mar 26, 2020, 11:16 AM

Wouldn't you love to be back in business by Easter? I don't understand what's so difficult about understanding Trump's desire that we be back to work soon. We should all have that desire.

I guess you'd rather he had said "I'd love to have it open by the year 2024".

SMDH.........

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In SC unemployment claims rose 1600% since last week...

Mar 26, 2020, 11:19 AM

are the projections are that SC could have as many as 8,000 confirmed CoronaVirus cases by May.

I think it is reasonable to expect that in the coming days a mandatory shelter in place order will be forthcoming. Several state legislators are already strongly recommended it.

That said, while I think Easter is an overly-optimistic goal, I'm going to continue to function as normally as possible under the circumstances.

I still think this thing will peak and subside within few weeks and people being smart, following recommendations from health professionals, and sheltering in place will certainly help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

here's an idea

Mar 26, 2020, 11:24 AM

"Whenever" things do open back up, you still keep your family locked up til maybe 2021.
Dont go to work. Dont go to stores. Just stay inside.
That way you and your family are safe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: here's an idea

Mar 26, 2020, 11:28 AM

xtiger

here's an idea
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 11:24 AM

"Whenever" things do open back up, you still keep your family locked up til maybe 2021.
Dont go to work. Dont go to stores. Just stay inside.
That way you and your family are safe.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER. AND MAYBE ALL YOU PEOPLE COWERING IN THE CORNER CAN HOPE FOR TRUMP TO SEND YOU MORE MONEY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please tell me something deroberts

Mar 26, 2020, 11:30 AM

Tell me your posting isn't a schtick. Tell me you aren't washing your hands more. Tell me you are ignoring social distancing. Tell me you are out and about as normal. Tell me you are not just typing about it, but being about it.

Please tell me it's all true.

Re: Please tell me something deroberts

Mar 26, 2020, 11:43 AM

User Logo
Tharealdonjuan
All-TigerNet [14569]
TigerPulse: 100%
Pleas­e tell me something deroberts
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 11:30 AM

Tell me your posting isn't a schtick. Tell me you aren't washing your hands more. Tell me you are ignoring social distancing. Tell me you are out and about as normal. Tell me you are not just typing about it, but being about it.

Please tell me it's all true.

HOW CAN YOU BE OUT AND ABOUT AS NORMAL. I AM STILL WORKING. OUR OFFICE HAS ABOUT 8 PEOPLE. I PLAYED GOLF LAST WEEKEND. I GOT TAKEOUT FOOD TO TRY AND HELP MY FRIENDS TRY AND STAY AFLOAT. I HAVE NO DESIRE TO GO TO NEW YORK, WASHINGTON OR CALIFORNIA BUT I WILL NOT LIVE MY LIFE IN FEAR. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR.

I WAS REALLY HOPING TO HEAR YOU

Mar 26, 2020, 11:51 AM

CALL ME A GOOBER.

Re: I WAS REALLY HOPING TO HEAR YOU

Mar 26, 2020, 1:27 PM

WELL THAT IS A GIVEN. LOL

Re: I WAS REALLY HOPING TO HEAR YOU

Mar 26, 2020, 7:32 PM

DE’s my buddy!!!

Post more man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please tell me something deroberts

Mar 26, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Please tell me something deroberts ]

You should come drive through Greer. It’s business as usual except kids are out of school, you can’t sit in a restaurant, shop at national chain retail stores or find TP anywhere. Most businesses are open. Lowe’s and Home Depot are packed constantly and traffic is normal. Not a whole lot of hiding at home around here.

Mar 26, 2020, 11:53 AM

I will pray that god creates a new virus for valley boy and those like him that are screaming at the sky daily. All I know is, that I have given up getting a beer at the bar and half my retirement, so I better start seeing dead bodies laying in the street.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you poor baby

Mar 26, 2020, 1:00 PM

Sounds like some humility will do your self serving self some good.

Mar 26, 2020, 7:48 PM

you forgot to provide your link to the experts. Or is it a tigernet handle?

bye little man***

Mar 26, 2020, 8:22 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,372
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic