Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Launches Search for Next Commissioner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

ACC Launches Search for Next Commissioner

Aug 13, 2020, 9:12 AM

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) - The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the launch of the search to select its next Commissioner. Turnkey Search, a division of Turnkey Sports & Entertainment, has been hired to support the conference in conducting the process. Additionally, Turnkey has partnered with Chad Chatlos and Katy Young Staudt from Ventura Partners. On June 25, 2020, Commissioner John Swofford announced his intention to retire after serving 24 years in the role.

A comprehensive national search will be directed by the ACC Board of Directors, led by Board Chair Kent Syverud (Syracuse), which includes the Chancellors and Presidents of the 15 member schools. A Search Advisory Committee, led by co-chairs President Nathan Hatch (Wake Forest) and President Fr. John Jenkins (Notre Dame), will be responsible for collecting information and feedback from member schools. The committee will be comprised of conference representatives including athletic directors, senior woman administrators, faculty athletics representatives, and student-athletes. A five-member Finalist Selection Committee will be responsible for identifying a diverse and accomplished group of candidates for the Board of Directors to review.

“With the dynamic landscape of collegiate athletics, this is an opportunity for ACC leadership to select the commissioner that will propel the conference into the next era,” said Syverud. “We believe that Turnkey Search is the right partner to conduct this critical search that will shape the future of the conference. Their industry expertise, history of open, inclusive searches, and commitment to finding a diverse and expert pool of candidates will allow us to find the right leader who will ensure the future growth and fiscal sustainability of the conference.”

Turnkey Search, a division of Turnkey Sports & Entertainment, has been a pioneer and leader in sports, entertainment and media executive recruiting since 1996 and has completed more than 1,200 placements in this space. Turnkey has a track record of diverse placements and deep expertise in higher education and professional sports including placements for Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgetown University, University of Michigan, University of Southern California, University of Alabama, the Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Tigers, Detroit Red Wings, Carolina Panthers, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, and others. Len Perna, Gene DeFilippo, Kelly Lewis, Allie Crone and Rick Alessandri will serve as the leadership team for the search.

Chatlos and Staudt are well known in intercollegiate athletics, with recent placements at Cal Berkeley, Clemson University, University of Illinois, Johns Hopkins University, Pennsylvania State University, the University of Texas, Wake Forest, Yale and others. At a prior firm, Chatlos participated in Commissioner placements for the Southeastern Conference (SEC) and Major League Baseball (MLB).

The ACC Commissioner search will be conducted during the 2020-21 academic year with the intention of the new Commissioner being in place by summer 2021.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll settle for literally anyone who didn't go to UNCheat.***

Aug 13, 2020, 9:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll settle for literally anyone who didn't go to UNCheat.***

Aug 13, 2020, 10:28 AM

or Notre Dame

Aug 13, 2020, 11:13 AM

well one of the candidates is the notre dame athletic director

Aug 13, 2020, 12:07 PM

Ok, if the ND guy gets it, convinces ND to join with a +1 that is NOT WVU to get us to 16, splits the divisions North/South - well I will lead the parade.

I just want North/South divisions. No more playing Cuse/UofL and playing UNC, Miami and UVA

LOL...ACC Launches Search for Next Commissioner...lol

Aug 13, 2020, 9:28 AM

What they mean is before they simply promote some TarHole homer who is already working under Swofford.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ACC Launches Search for Next Commissioner

Aug 13, 2020, 9:36 AM

Why is someone from ND having any input into this? If they join fully fine otherwise to heck with them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 9:39 AM

They should have done this search about 10 years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Launches Search for Next Commissioner ]

That was very initial reaction too.
They are one off two people on the advisory
My next thought is I dont want a liberal from Syracuse to head the committee either.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:27 AM

yep it about like voting these jokers in as legends who never played in the ACC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw an early article with Jack Swarbrick of ND

Aug 13, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Launches Search for Next Commissioner ]

and DRad as early favorites. It will probably end up being someone like Jay Bilas or Mark May :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aug 13, 2020, 10:43 AM

Now I won't sleep at night until a replacement is named

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw an early article with Jack Swarbrick of ND

Aug 13, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to I saw an early article with Jack Swarbrick of ND ]

how oliver luck he worked for the ncaa before and has no ties to the acc and he would be a better commish than kevin warren of the big ten

Aug 13, 2020, 9:58 AM

I don't know why people waste time and money "searching". They already know who they're going to hire. It will turn out that the "best candidate was right under our nose the whole time..."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 10:46 AM

Is Spud being considered?

Maybe as coach for Clemson Fishing Team...***

Aug 14, 2020, 3:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dwight Clark would have been perfect

Aug 13, 2020, 11:15 AM

RIP Dwight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hands down Ron Cherry******

Aug 13, 2020, 11:21 AM

Re: Hands down Ron Cherry******

Aug 13, 2020, 12:15 PM

Ron would give everyone the business and keep things running smoothly.

Aug 13, 2020, 6:45 PM

ACC will spend 500k on a search and all it will involve is the search firm supplying the phone number of Swoffy's son.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Aug 13, 2020, 8:08 PM

I hate to break it to you guys but the job is going to go to Bernadette McGlade

Current commissioner of the A10

Former Associate Commissioner of the ACC under Swofford

And the best part.......former athlete at UNC!

They’re giving the job to a female and she’s the best qualified female candidate out there with ties to th ACC. Plus, she’s young so she’ll be the commissioner for a looong time.

If not her, probably Rad

Aug 13, 2020, 8:46 PM

If Barney Fife was still living I would back him 100%........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 11:54 PM

I could go with Goober. Shaazamm!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:27 AM

Board Chair from Syracuse and Co-Chair from WF and ND?? Not sure the actual ACC or southern teams being represented properly. A non-full member, Syracuse newbie that hasn't represented and WF, the smallest school? Not sure they should decide for ACC with original members or larger members excluded?

Not a single redneck school in the bunch!

Why is ND at the table

Aug 14, 2020, 4:13 AM

the ACC needs to cut ties with the Domers. They add nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 2:49 PM

I'd really love to see someone who has absolutely no ties to any ACC school. Never graduated from one - played sports for one - or ever worked for one.

Maybe that would be super difficult, but it would be great to know there's at least SOME chance of grabbing somebody with no hidden biases or allegiances.

Just a thought. Really though, can we at least not snag the next commish from the State of NC?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic