Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Questions About Tee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,814

Questions About Tee

Jan 17, 2020, 8:11 AM

This has been nagging at me a bit, but was anyone else thoroughly underwhelmed by Tee's play in the semis and natty?

I understand he got "hurt" but clearly the semi game injury was strange and somehow he was able to get back in. Do you think he tore up the UVA game, got his 1st round grade and was like "i'm good?"

This is not a shot at him really, because i would likely do the same, but he definitely didn't play with urgency and just was off like never really before.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I think he played hurt

Jan 17, 2020, 8:13 AM

Missed large chunks of both games with injury, but came back and gave it his all. Sometimes your best just isn't good enough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's just roll with your theory...

Jan 17, 2020, 8:14 AM

is the grade he received a guarantee on what was going to happen in the draft, or an estimation of where he would go?

Do you believe NFL scouts aren't watching the final two games?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing against better defenses

Jan 17, 2020, 8:16 AM

And no real indication what the injury really was. Who knows what he was dealing with exactly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playing against better defenses

Jan 17, 2020, 8:24 AM

If they do not call pass interference on the one play his stats would have looked pretty good. I still feel as though play calling had a big impact. If you think about it our high powered O did not look so high powered against good teams. Osu 29 pts, Lsu 25 pts., A@M 24 points even Usc it was only 38 points. I really do not understand only 21 against the tarheels.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not have a Renfro and/or a solid fourth receiver as we have

Jan 17, 2020, 8:20 AM

had allowed other teams to concentrate on Tee and Ross. Just my thoughts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not have a Renfro and/or a solid fourth receiver as we have

Jan 17, 2020, 9:59 AM

We have Amari, a very good player. Don't know why he wasn't included in the game plan.

Re: not have a Renfro and/or a solid fourth receiver as we have

Jan 17, 2020, 10:05 AM

agree, Amari is a very good player and he should have been in the game plan a lot more. I don't think he has the reputation HR had. Defenses had to plan for Renfro too. Not so much Amari. Just me thoughts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. He was really the only threat we had in the semi's and

Jan 17, 2020, 8:22 AM

natty. No one else really does anything. Tee is the only reliable option. I think you're getting him mixed up with Ross. Ross is the one that faded back. Ross was not dominant. Tee was..it was unfortunate he was dealing with injuries....bc we felt it when he would come out. But, not sure what games your were watching. Even with Tee coming out he still had more success than any of the others.

The natty really was not that bad of a game for him

Jan 17, 2020, 9:02 AM

If the ref doesn't call pass interference on the TD he finishes with 136 Yards and 2 TDs. That would be higher than his production in any game outside of the Cuse and UVA match-ups. Playing against a 1st team all american corner back playing press coverage with a second team all american safety over the top for support, I think he probably graded pretty well, but I have not had the stomach to watch film.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Questions About Tee

Jan 17, 2020, 9:54 AM

I remember four plays where Tee exhibited toughness. He came back in against OSU and made an excellent leaping catch for a two point conversion at the end of the game. Against LSPU, he wiped out a defender on Galloway's romp. He knocked down a defensive back on his touchdown run and he out muscled a defender to catch a touch down pass that was incorrectly ruled interference, IMHO. These plays demonstrated to me that he was not soft peddling it. Remember, many of the incomplete passes thrown by TL were high and wide.

No .... absolutely not. Definitely a shot at Tee. Shameful

Jan 17, 2020, 10:00 AM

Dogging it in the playoffs to the detriment of your team would cost him whatever preliminary NFL grade he might have received earlier.

If you ... as you say, “would likely do the same” ... then you should be embarrassed to admit it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just look at that block that was a penalty and

Jan 17, 2020, 10:06 AM

the run on the reverse. He sure looked like a 110% to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,814
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic