Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PSA for you fishermen on the board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

PSA for you fishermen on the board

Nov 4, 2020, 12:10 PM

If this happens to you the method below with youtube link below works. Got one in my hand today very deep and got my buddy SPUD to come help me set up string and cut off tail hooks then I used this method to get her out. THANKS SPUD!!!

https://youtu.be/U3kSCeT9jH8

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Ouch!!!***

Nov 4, 2020, 12:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is what friends are for...to come watch some one in

Nov 4, 2020, 12:25 PM

dire straights! Pulled one just like that out of my shin 20 years ago. Did it myself. No problem. That technique works like a charm.

Saw a guy get hooked through the nose once...

Nov 4, 2020, 12:37 PM

Kid was casting and didn't look behind him and the guys was obviously standing too close. Hooked him right through the nose. The really funny part was the guys reaction when the kid yanked the line trying to cast. Never heard a man scream like that before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

been there done that in my foot! Oh and...

Nov 4, 2020, 12:54 PM

.... nice blade bait. Perfect time of year for that :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Been there too

Nov 4, 2020, 1:10 PM

when i was a kid, my sister went running by me while i was baiting a hook and, yep, you guessed it, caught the line with her foot... and the hook caught me. Too young to know about this method then. Didn't even cut the barb off...just pulled that sucker back through. It Hurt. :) But, no way was I going back to the house so one of the mean grown ups could do it :)

Glad you are OK!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Been there too

Nov 4, 2020, 1:34 PM

Reminds me of a story I heard at the ER when I was getting one removed. The Dr. told me that there was a fisherman at our local pier that was casting a big “bomber.” He brought it back and it swung and caught his calf. As you might expect, it hurt (a lot) and he recoiled. In doing so, he let the line slack and the lure fell to the side and buried the treble in his other calf. Since his legs were effectively locked, he couldn’t walk. So, they had to drive an ambulance out on the pier to collect him.

Ouch...

Re: Been there too

Nov 4, 2020, 10:04 PM

Reminds me of a story I heard at the ER when I was getting one removed. The Dr. told me that there was a fisherman at our local pier that was casting a big “bomber.” He brought it back and it swung and caught his calf. As you might expect, it hurt (a lot) and he recoiled. In doing so, he let the line slack and the lure fell to the side and buried the treble in his other calf. Since his legs were effectively locked, he couldn’t walk. So, they had to drive an ambulance out on the pier to collect him.

Ouch...

I feel lucky after hearing that story!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Not a "hook" story but a barb nonetheless

Nov 4, 2020, 10:17 PM

I was fishing in the Saluda River at Ware Shoals no less, when my buddy caught a small catfish about 8 inches long. Just as he got it off the hook, a mosquito bit him on the side of his face - he reacted by slapping at it without dropping the fish. Yep, the barb on the side of the fish's head stuck into his cheek so far that it was hanging off the side of his face after he let it go. I tried not to laugh ... but you know how things like that go.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: PSA for you fishermen on the board

Nov 4, 2020, 11:13 PM

About 65 years ago, my friend was fishing with a metal rod, an old casting feel with 30 lb black line and slinging a creek chub large jointed pike. His rod was about 4' long and we were in a 8' boat. He had to sling side arm to get it out. He hit me in the back of my head with all his strength and the lure with 3 sets of giant dull rusted treble hooks knocked me cold. When I came to, all 3 books were stuck solid. We went to the hospital to remove them and then went back to the lake and fished some more.

Been there as well.

Nov 5, 2020, 1:45 PM

We were having so much fun, I continued to fish with the barb in my finger for about 3 hours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic