Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Out come the swords
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Out come the swords

Jan 2, 2021, 2:08 AM

The state of Clemson football is fine . Did we lose badly ? Yes . Have we played better teams and won ? Yes . Does this signal the end of an era of success at Clemson under Coach Swinney ? No , of course not .

But man oh man is this site depressing after a bad loss . Which by the way are still very rare around here .

It's football people , it happens to be a tough game . Time to learn to take the bad with the good and quit assaulting the team and the coaches when something doesn't go our way in the WIN/Loss column .

Football isn't for the weak , and if this loss has you hating on our team , our culture or our prospects going forward how about drop that fan card off at the Esso and hit the fan transfer portal .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Out come the swords

Jan 2, 2021, 2:15 AM

You're right Doug. It's fair to question if this team can again be as dominant a team as the Christian Wilkins-led 2018 team, but that's the kind of challenge Dabo and BV are looking for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 2:17 AM

Thank you for stating what should be obvious, but may not be to some. The Clemson fan base has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years. If you're only here for the wins, please move on. The rest of us are dang proud of these Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 3:03 AM

Tiring of all of the constant knocking on this team any time we have a setback or a tough game .
I am ALL IN , and that's a pretty self explanatory statement lol .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 2, 2021, 3:28 AM

All in here . I’ve been a Tiger fan for 65 years . I was never happier than when Terry Don gave CTB the 3 mil. and gave Christopher Swinney the reigns and said “ go do what you need to do to make it work “ .

It’s working just fine .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s one of the reasons I just don’t get the term “fan base”***

Jan 3, 2021, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Out come the swords ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 4:05 AM

IMO, this has nothing to do with learning to take the bad with the good, but rather about looking ahead.
I guarantee that for every comment about how bad this loss was, there was an equal amount of comments made earlier about what we were going to do when we played Alabama.
Quit looking ahead people, and thinking that just because we are Clemson, we are going to win the National Championship just because of who we are.
Not once this season did I think we were the # 1 team in the nation.
Tonight ,well as much as I hate to admit it, the # 11 team in the country just whipped our @$$!

Jan 2, 2021, 7:23 AM

Amen, TigerDug. Whenever I check the boards during a game, I am amazed that I don’t recognize any of the poasters. And they sure are negative. I will be a proud Tiger no matter the outcome of any game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

^ Level headed and rational in the face of adversity...

Jan 2, 2021, 7:32 AM

This is what you want from the man in the foxhole next to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 2, 2021, 7:35 AM

No we have no played a better team this year. They were by far the best team we have played this year and everyone else we played wasnt close. Anyway, our OL sucked this year and our safeties were dung. That's how I saw it.

Jan 3, 2021, 7:34 AM

Yeah, WRs getting behind the secondary all year, most teams weren't able to captilize, but it happened nearly every game-

Jan 2, 2021, 8:23 AM

Well said. I do think we played much better on D against LSU and Burrow kept making ridiculous throws to beat us. No coincidence Simmons, AJ, Muse and K’Von are all in the league. I can think of 3 pretty good throws Fields made last night we couldn’t defend but the rest was with very little resistance from the D.

I think it will be much harder next year. We probably won’t be ranked higher than 10th to start and if we drop any game we won’t make the CFP. There was a little bit of luster and benefit of the doubt that got spanked off of us last night. Still glad we had football to follow and fret over this year but I want a return to normal next season.

Jan 3, 2021, 5:46 AM

Absolutely, and when this loss gets you guys down, look at the win loss record since 2010. There are FB fans out there right this second that pray everyday that they could live through the very same seasons that we have had for the past 10 year. We are elite Tiger Nation, and we are in just a small group of FB fans just in our country that can make that claim, a very small group. That loss hurts, and it still causes a sickening feeling in my stomach, but we are still one of the TOP 3 teams in the country. I guess being at the top, a loss just hurts more, and it's more embarrassing because we know everybody is looking at us pointing their finger, but I'm positive we'll be pointing back at them next season with a huge grin on our faces!!!! Go Tigers, I love our team, and there we be those times that loving our team is going to hurt, but it won't be many of those times, not as long as we have Dabo Swinney pulling for us!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't even want to come on this site just because of

Jan 3, 2021, 9:22 AM

some posters. Didn't want to read their doom and gloom going forward for Clemson football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't even want to come on this site just because of

Jan 3, 2021, 6:48 PM

some posters. Didn't want to read their doom and gloom going forward for Clemson football.

You know Myfav, I understand the Gloom, I do, and I still have that weak spot in my stomach every single time I think about that game, and it makes a little sick to my stomach, but I also more than ever understand Dabo ranking OcryO #11, and his reason why they shouldn't have been allowed in the playoffs with only playing six games.

The Big conference first chose not to play their season, and weeks after everybody else said they were going to play, the Big decided that they would play also, but then it took them a couple more weeks to get ready to play with Ocryo having 9 games schedule to play, but they only played 6 game. I think that it was first said they had to play 9 games for them to be qualified for the playoff with all the other conference that were 11 games. They canceled 3 of their 9 games, and only play 6, and the rules were yet again changed for OcryO St so they could play in the playoffs with only playing 6 games. As soon as they found that OSU was only going to play 6 games, by all rights, they should have been disqualified bc they didn't do what they were told they had to do to be qualified for the playoffs.

By OcryO not being disqualified as they should have been disqualified, and rightfully so!!! They changed the rules, and allowed them to come into the playoffs with less injuries than any other team in the playoffs, and that also allowed them to be the absolutely freshest team in the history of the playoffs in any sport, and that gave them a clear advantage over Clemson that just finished playing 11 games counting the ACC championship, playing against the 2nd ranked team in the country. OSU played nobody, and only played 6 nobody teams. Knowing how our guys were thrown under the bus bc the playoff committee was making and changing the rule to let OSU in, and they should have never been qualified to have a spot in the playoffs over team that did earn their way in the playoff, and it was our team that got thrown under bus, and it do look like a setup that was orchestrated by the playoff committee!!! How could anybody believe any different, the rules were redone to allow OSU in the playoffs.

Championship FB is for teams that has taken the rigors of playing a long season, and have enough left in the tank to play against another like team in the playoffs. OcryO came into the playoffs as a team should be after only playing a 6 game season. They were way fresher than us, and they played as the fresher team all 4 quarters of their game with us. OSU should have never been allowed in the playoffs, and Dabo was 100% right in saying so. He didn't cry and complain, but I think he knew what our guys was up against by playing a fresh rested team in the playoffs!!!

OcryO was predicted to be in the NCG this season, and nobody was getting in their way, and the committee use COVID to help them get there, and they refused to disqualify them even if they had to change the rules to keep them from being disqualified. It was their fault that they didn't have the time to play a meaningful schedule. They had 3 canceled games from a 9 game schedule, they had more canceled game than the top 6 teams in the country, and it was said that Clemson needed to play VT just to qualify for the ACCCG to move to the playoffs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs up. I especially liked “hit the fan transfer portal”.***

Jan 3, 2021, 10:12 AM

null

Why do you add a space between periods and punctuation?

Jan 3, 2021, 10:40 AM

Very odd.

Jan 3, 2021, 7:34 PM

Some of the criticism may be problematic and issued in a negative manner. But, just as much or more, in my view, is actually very positive. The Swinney/Venables era has set new standards never before seen at Clemson. This is extremely positive obviously. The corollary to this, however, is big and understandable disappointment for many when we let the higher standards of play slip. This is natural and in no way, also for many, implies that those who feel this way have turned negative on Clemson. it is simply what I just wrote - big disappointment from having fallen short of the new standards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 7:56 PM

As much as Ohio St dwelled on Clemson since last year, how much of the 7-8 extra weeks of practice fo you think they spent scheming especially our defense? Also, if BV is stealing signals how does he hear the audibles? Come play at Death Valley and see if anyone can hear an audible!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 10:22 PM

I’m real late coming in on this but, I’ve been a since I was 6 years old. And I really didn’t know anything about football. I just knew my Daddy and Uncle both went there. That was enough for me. I’ve loved Clemson ever since. Didn’t graduate from Clemson but I did attend.

I have never, ever disparaged the team, coaches or school for losing a dadgum game. I don’t think one shows any loyalty to the school, coaches or team by doing so.

One thing nobody will be able to accuse me of is being a bandwagon fan. If you can’t accept a down season that most teams would proudly call extremely successful, something is wrong with you. You’re probably a bandwagon fan and you’re not wanted in the Clemson family.

I’m proud of my team in spite of a couple of bad days. It was gonna happen, considering the circumstances.

I’m over the last game and ready for spring practice to begin so we can get a taste of how awesome our team will be next season.

GO TIGERS!!!

Btw, I’m 61 years old

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic