Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On Gurley's first TD run in second half
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 544

On Gurley's first TD run in second half

Aug 31, 2014, 10:26 AM

The play was a toss sweep to the right and every linebacker went that direction.....Steward over pursued and actually was jumping over a Georgia lineman to get even more out of position just as Gurley is turning back to his left while still in the backfield. What I thought was a thing of beauty was the block made by the Georgia center.....he was helping the RT push Jarrett (I think) to the right but once the DL was pushed out of position he released and turned back to his left to put a block on Reader. Reader was releasing from the LG block and was the only defender in position to make the play once Steward had moved so far to his left. All the center had to do was put a shoulder into Reader and that was enough to release Gurley through a huge hole.

In looking at the play in slo-mo it really seems like the whole thing broke down because of Steward being out of position. If Steward stayed in his gap he can make the play for little gain.....or alternatively if he had stayed in his gap the center would have chosen to put the block on Steward and Reader makes the play for no gain.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 544
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic