Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observation about stamina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,069

Observation about stamina

Oct 13, 2019, 7:17 PM

So, I’m out for a jog today, and it hit me as I’m wearing down...man, it must be nice to be 20yo and be able to play WR and run 40yd wide open, come back to the line, do it again, and again, and again. Well...what also hit me was...and I don’t know if we do this, but I saw FSU run a WR on a go route, 40-50 yards with our DB chasing him. The WR immediately jogs off the field at the end of the play...and they run another WR on in his place, as our DB jogs back to the line for the next play. My thoughts...if you run these DB’s deep over and over, and keep replacing the WR’s, you’re going to eventually beat the tired DB. Now, I know these guys are 20yo and have plenty of stamina, but the WR is also 20yo and has just as much stamina...and more, when he hasn’t just sprinted 50 yards, and comes in fresh.

Is this something we do with our WR’s...swap them out immediately after a go route to have a fresh set of legs working on a DB? It just seems to me like the obvious thing to do...and with our depth, you’re basically working over the same 2 corners with 8+ receivers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Observation about stamina

Oct 13, 2019, 8:14 PM

Wow. That must have been a hard hit. You seen to have concussion like symptoms.

But to answer your question. Yes, it standard practice by almost all teams to wear-out the DB's when possible. Clemson does it every game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Observation about stamina

Oct 13, 2019, 8:39 PM

If you run WR deep routes on every play you'll lose a lot of games .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

yes look at the number of our WRs who have a catch in any given game***

Oct 13, 2019, 8:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em u5c coot

Oct 14, 2019, 8:27 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,069
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic