Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we take minute and agree that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 741

Can we take minute and agree that

Aug 12, 2019, 10:22 PM

steak fries are the worst fries ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless they are cooked properly

Aug 12, 2019, 10:56 PM

then they are the awesome - crispy outside fluffy inside massive loads of carbs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

It's tough to argue against Wendy's fries being the worst

Aug 12, 2019, 10:58 PM

I'd rather have steak fries from Quincy's than Wendy's fries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are pretty sad but gotta give Wendy props for trolling

Aug 12, 2019, 11:00 PM

Ohioans as hard as we do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Kickin Chicken has the worst fries***

Aug 13, 2019, 8:22 AM [ in reply to It's tough to argue against Wendy's fries being the worst ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to disagree

Aug 13, 2019, 3:36 AM

steak fries are the perfect vehicle to provide tasty condiments because of maximum surface area

the worst are shoestring fries

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

That’s where good old fashioned drive in crinkle cut fries

Aug 13, 2019, 6:57 AM

Come in and take the trophy

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: That’s where good old fashioned drive in crinkle cut fries

Aug 13, 2019, 7:13 AM

crinkle cut for sure unless you can get fresh cut

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That’s where good old fashioned drive in crinkle cut fries

Aug 13, 2019, 7:29 AM

Yeah baby!

Or some Arby's curly fries. Oh my! That is heaven

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Knows his fries^^^

Aug 13, 2019, 7:51 AM [ in reply to I have to disagree ]

I want to taste potatoes and Heinz Ketchup, not oil.

BTW - Sweet potato fries are the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

So true

Aug 13, 2019, 7:57 AM

They shouldn’t even call sweet potato sticks fries

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Shoestrings are teh awesome

Aug 13, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I have to disagree ]

Specially when they are crisp..almost burnt. But not burnt.

I've always thought some ff restaurant should focus on fries

Aug 13, 2019, 7:46 AM

shoestring, crinkle cut, fresh cut, steak options. Different types of flavored salt and ketchup.

Probably why I am not a restaurant entrepreneur.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've always thought some ff restaurant should focus on fries

Aug 13, 2019, 7:52 AM

There is a place in downtown Richmond, VA, I think its called the Capital Cafe or Grill or something like that. Not the chain one, this is local.

They had all kinds of different ketchups to try with all kinds of flavor and their fries were good too. The place was rocking every time I visited, so something was working. Great beer selection too. The spicy ketchup was by far the best.

So you are not too far off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d eat there

Aug 13, 2019, 7:53 AM [ in reply to I've always thought some ff restaurant should focus on fries ]

Often

but I’m addicted to fried potato starch.

We ate somewhere in Flagstaff one time years ago that had 6-8 dipping sauces for the fries but only one style of cut, kind of a thick ruffled scoop chip for dipping that was still crisp on the outside fluffy in the middle. First time I ever had sriracha sauce.

The resurgence of tater tots is also an interesting phenomenon to me. Did I mention I’m addicted to fried taters?

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Of course, add sweet potato option to the menu.***

Aug 13, 2019, 8:05 AM [ in reply to I've always thought some ff restaurant should focus on fries ]

And tots!!

Message was edited by: Father G®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have gone to McD and ordered only fries before

Aug 13, 2019, 8:35 AM [ in reply to I've always thought some ff restaurant should focus on fries ]

because that's the only good thing on their entire menu.

Got a burger from Wendy's, drove next door to McD's drivethru and got fries.
That's a pretty good meal there.

My ride home snack after work used to be

Aug 13, 2019, 8:47 AM

A large fry large sprite from McD.

Yeah, I’m fat.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

How about Tots? Grandkids order Tots. I steal Tots. Ashamed!***

Aug 13, 2019, 8:08 AM

Bad steak fries are the worst.

Aug 13, 2019, 8:34 AM

It is like a ruined fry and baked potato at the same time.

However, a recent run of bad curly fries is making me turn on them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the seasoning they put on curly fries give me a

Aug 13, 2019, 11:41 AM

headache..almost instantly. Especially Arby's curly fries.

No, WE can not.

Aug 13, 2019, 8:51 AM

Obviously you've never had them slathered with gravy, and your complete lack cultural awareness and less than keen palate have contributed to your boorish outburst.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Aug 13, 2019, 8:52 AM

and on top of that, they are the worst thing to pair with a steak. Gimme dat baked potatoe and some grilled vegetables. I don't want no Catsup on my plate to even have a chance of touching the steak.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I was so mad at lunch on Saturday. I was at this

Aug 13, 2019, 8:56 AM

BBQ joint in Maggie Valley, reached for a bottle that looked like it would be bbq sauce. Nah, ketchup. Luckily I don't put much sauce on or it would have been ruined.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never met a tater I didn't like.

Aug 13, 2019, 11:31 AM

I've had soupy mashed taters, chunky mashed taters, taters baked in a dish, boiled in a pot with and without skins, fried in cheap grease, pig fat and the best canola oil, peanut oil, and every other kind of oil, with cheese, by every type fast food place in the south east, Pete's and the Clock all over the place and never met a tater I didn't like except after they rotted.

I don't want to be contentious but picking out a bad french fry is more about were they raw or burnt to a crisp than it is how it's cut. I'll go along with steak fries being the worst but then ratings become meaningless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chic Fil A waffle fries.

Aug 13, 2019, 11:37 AM

severely under salted and under cooked

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 25
| visibility 741
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic