Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Difficult opening month awaits Tigers in 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Difficult opening month awaits Tigers in 2017

Jun 17, 2017, 8:01 AM

Difficult opening month awaits Tigers in 2017

Coming off the national championship season, the Clemson football team certainly won’t be taking things easy to feel its way into the 2017 season. The first month of the season could be the Tigers’ most difficult as three of their toughest games come in September. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Difficult opening month awaits Tigers in 2017

Jun 17, 2017, 8:16 AM

Kent State's mascot is not the blue flashes. They are the Golden Flashes.
No idea what the heck a golden flash is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2017, 8:40 AM

Maybe a lightening bolt or sun glint.;-

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2017, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Difficult opening month awaits Tigers in 2017 ]

You are correct sir. We will make that change. Thanks for pointing it out.

Jun 19, 2017, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Difficult opening month awaits Tigers in 2017 ]

Whatever a golden flash is, it ain't good enough to beat a tiger.

I just don't see a loss on the schedule!!

Jun 17, 2017, 8:37 AM

Am I spoiled or just trying to apply old fear to this year because Dabo has improved every year. Our defense is loaded and deep. Our O-line should be the strongest I can remember. Our skill players are very talented.

I can't see anything but 15-0! Nobody beats us this year, that's my real best as Standard prediction!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I just don't see a loss on the schedule!!

Jun 17, 2017, 8:44 AM

Hope you're right. I think we'll trip a time or two at most. If the O is hitting on 8, we'll be unbeatable.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just don't see a loss on the schedule!!

Jun 17, 2017, 9:03 AM [ in reply to I just don't see a loss on the schedule!! ]

I actually feel the same way. I know that we will be going up against a few really good teams this season in FSU, Auburn, and Louieville but, minus DW4, we will still have a team of talent that we can win with in a different way. Kelly Bryant is a junior QB, if he can't get the job done early, then Dabo should send a message to the team that if they can't do their job when called on, the next man up will get the opportunity to get the job done. I think that is what reload should mean!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2017, 8:45 AM

I would put the Wolfpack in at 5 , ahead of USuC and GT ...I would also flip flop USuC and GT ...otherwise I love the ranking and the short descriptives .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 17, 2017, 9:58 AM

That's what makes it fun right? It's that time of the year!

South Carolina won't win more than last year.

Jun 17, 2017, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Difficult opening month awaits Tigers in 2017 ]

There's a good chance they will win fewer games this year. Their opponents will be better, but they won't. Still a big lack of talent on that team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guys if you look and realize if Clemson didn't

Jun 17, 2017, 10:03 AM

help the other teams with turnovers and have a bunch of mental mistakes during some of the games I don't know if there was a team on the schedule last season that would have been within 2 scores of the Tigers at the end of the games. We know that Clemson helped Louisville get back in it and that Clemson tried and tried to give the game away to NC State. I know turnovers are part of the game but Clemson may have been the worse in turnover margin going into the latter half of the season. And really didn't correct it until the loss to Pitt. If you go back and rewatch every game from last year you'll see how close Clemson was to blowing every team out but the mistakes is why no national media wanted to give Clemson credit even though Clemson was good enough to win the championship. As far as this article I don't know that I could put VT ahead of Auburn. VT lost a lot on offense. I think they have to replace nearly all their skill position players and we know they don't recruit as well as Clemson. So I'd switch VT and Auburn and I'd put NC State with South Carolina and GT. GT is at home and while GT would have been a game to circle a few years back I just don't think you can today. Yes Clemson gave NC State the false hope that they could beat Clemson but NC State can't count on Clemson turning the ball over 4 or 5 times again with a couple of them directly taking 6 off the board. Too me there is 3 games that will decide this season and that's obviously FSU and then 2 of these 3, Louisville, Auburn or VT. One of those 3 teams won't be as good as some may think and my guess is VT but Louisville lost a lot on offense as well.

We've just reached a point on defense, particularly DL,

Jun 17, 2017, 1:10 PM

where GT's offense just can't do squat against us. They will get blown up at the LOS all day long just like last year.

NC state at Raleigh is more like 4th on my list

Jun 17, 2017, 10:28 AM

FSU
At Louisville
Auburn
At nc state
At vt

And then a sizeable drop to everyone else. I'm not scared of GT at home at all. That's one of the easiest games imo.

that is exactly how I was going to redo it

Jun 17, 2017, 12:45 PM

Ncst uo several and vt down one or two.

Vt lost more than we did (they lost their first line skill but ALSO more on the lines than us) and don't have the reload capacity we do. I just don't see it.

Uncle Lou, FSU, VT & AUB are not gimme's

Jun 17, 2017, 10:31 AM

Without Deshaun we could have lost each game in 2016. Defense, Offense, Special Teams & new QB will have to PICK IT UP in 2017 or we will lose a few. Hopefully not but simple as that. Dabo and BV know it too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Will Muschamp's team feels stronger.."

Jun 17, 2017, 12:39 PM

Can they win 5 games??

Jun 17, 2017, 2:37 PM

With Florida State I think the two teams on a whole are equally matched. A win in this game with come down to execution by our players. And just plan wanting it a little more.

With Louisville the running game will be key for a win. The defense will need rest to stay fresh to contain the imposter of a Heisman Trophy winner. He will want to use this game to prove the voters had it right. The running game clicking will keep him off the field and give our defense chances to catch their breaths while staying mentally engaged with containment.

With Auburn their delusions of being Alabama's equal and everyone else's surperer will let them underestimate us. I think this game is won by a larger margin than last year's.

Virginia Tech and N.C. State played well last season. But this one is going to be ruff on them against us. The remaining team will just be hoping for a good showing.

This team will be focused. Dabo will give them a steady reminder that Watson is not there to pull their bacon out of the fire when the under perform. Also they heard all off season that without Watson they where not good enough. A chip on their shoulders to prove that wrong will be exciting to watch.

Jun 18, 2017, 12:29 AM

One thing to remember. Clemson is circled on everyone's schedule. They all want to knock off the Mighty Tigers. They will all bring their absolutely best effort on the field. The target on Clemson's back has never been this big, not even 1982. It is a long season. Staying focused, Mr. Swinney's forte, is more needed now than ever. Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic