Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Devastating loss a motivating tool for Clemson defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Devastating loss a motivating tool for Clemson defense

Sep 23, 2014, 10:01 PM

Devastating loss a motivating tool for Clemson defense

Clemson's football team has had its share of disappointment over the last few seasons, but defensive tackle DeShawn Williams said this week that last Saturday's loss to FSU was the worst he has experienced. How does he think it will make the Tigers better? What was his promise to Grady Jarrett? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Devastating loss a motivating tool for Clemson defense

Sep 23, 2014, 10:11 PM

Our defense played lights out. Alexander fell on a coverage but played a great game, #### happens. We played the number 1 an number 12 team in 2 of our first 3 outings, it takes balls to take on that schedule. Re-arrange your thought patterns, quit being #######, and support your Tigers, I do, you will tear it up the rest of the season. I love the football players an the effort they gave, mistakes will happen, but you can't get better winning like the Crab Stealer, you get better getting beat in the honest way but learning by you lost., correct it, move on. I love my Tigers, win out and tell us that you love us by proof.

that D deserved more than 17 points from the O.***

Sep 23, 2014, 10:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess your definition of "great" and mine vary, falling

Sep 24, 2014, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Devastating loss a motivating tool for Clemson defense ]

down and blowing the lead, that's not a "great" game.

for me too bro***

Sep 23, 2014, 11:04 PM

Re: for me too bro***

Sep 24, 2014, 12:29 AM

Hands down the team played lights out and deserve some respect. They will dominate the rest of the year if this story is true and they don't want to feel like this ever again.

As many have already said on here this week, 1 of the worst

Sep 24, 2014, 8:01 AM

losses ever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in the stands for the "Punt Ruskie", the other bad 1***

Sep 24, 2014, 8:31 AM

Like the attitude but disagree on one thing

Sep 24, 2014, 8:30 AM

Offense could have played better. Isn't that where all but one mistake was made? Although I wouldn't call Alexanders fall a busted coverage or mistake. That happens and he was outstanding all night.

I think the entire team made mistakes

Sep 24, 2014, 8:53 AM

defense, Mac falls down and gives up the lead on one play
special teams, two missed FG's, one was a chip shot
offense, bad snap, fumble on the 14, low pass to TE on second drive.

The entire team shares in this loss.

Re: Like the attitude but disagree on one thing

Sep 24, 2014, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Like the attitude but disagree on one thing ]

Well said! The offense had a game plan to win with, but execution cost us that win. The defense played as well as I have seen since the bowl game we played against West Virginia when Major Harris was their QB. That was domination, too, as was the VT game a couple of years ago. We can do it. Just do it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shouldn't we simply obliterate the Heels?

Sep 24, 2014, 8:42 AM

I understand the whole "hangover" theory about a difficult loss. But with the way our D played and the fact that East Carolina put up about a million yards on the UNC defense, just sayin'. It's a night game and the valley will be rocking. We should be playing the scout team by the 4th quarter in this one.

Sep 24, 2014, 4:14 PM

How can we propel to greatness this season after these 2 losses. I hate to be the cynic in the room, but the only thing left on the table is sc and a.decent bowl, barring an fsu loss or 2.

Sep 25, 2014, 3:52 AM

Yes, it was a heartbreaking loss. But I think everyone player their guts out. The defense was takin care of business, and the offense was vastly improved from the GA. game. Special teams and not reviewing the TD hurt us the most. Let's work hard this week and beat the daylight out of NC !!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic