Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming"

Oct 4, 2020, 12:11 AM

Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming"

Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott was surprised when former 5-star running back Demarkcus Bowman let the coaches know of his transfer intentions this w Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Lord Tony, I don't believe I would have told anybody

Oct 4, 2020, 12:15 AM

any of that

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Lord Tony, I don't believe I would have told anybody

Oct 4, 2020, 12:22 AM

It’ll pay off for him when recruiting in the future, we are to blessed to hold grudges. If they aren’t All-In it’s not for Clemson or them. We have some awesome young men dropping their chips in the All-In bucket at RB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Good Lord Tony, I don't believe I would have told anybody

Oct 4, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Good Lord Tony, I don't believe I would have told anybody ]

Concur. Clueless (in regard to 5* RB recruit) and clear spoken about it as the RB coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why?***

Oct 4, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Good Lord Tony, I don't believe I would have told anybody ]

He should have been more in tune with his player

Oct 4, 2020, 2:07 PM

no wonder the kid left. His coach had no idea there was even a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How should he have been able to pick

Oct 4, 2020, 2:26 PM

Demarkus' brain on what he was feeling about his grandfather's situation? I know coaches do a lot of one-on-work, but that dies down when days and weeks are dedicated to game-planning. Unless Demarkus came forward with his feelings, then how is Elliot or anyone supposed to be "in tune"?

Re: TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming"

Oct 4, 2020, 12:23 AM

We are missing Jeff Scott. A lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I didn't know if that quote was about Bowman...

Oct 4, 2020, 12:24 AM

or an opposing defensive scheme

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn’t have to be “or.” “And” works.***

Oct 4, 2020, 12:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 4, 2020, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming" ]

You are a swimmer. Stay in the water. Your ignorance on football is incredible. Someday after Dabo, you will be wishing Tony was our head coach.
Pull for the coots! It suits you better.

I think Tony will make a great head coach...

Oct 4, 2020, 12:33 AM

Dabo, more than likely isn't a great play caller himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Tony will make a great head coach...

Oct 4, 2020, 1:45 AM

Well some of those play calls tonight surely made me wonder who called that play!!!

Tony may or may not be a head coach

Oct 4, 2020, 6:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming" ]

but he's a crap offensive coordinator based on what we've seen so far. Keeps paying lip service to the idea that he's going to stick to the run...then we're up 17 with 12 minutes left and he's throwing on every ####### down. When we play someone who actually has the talent, we are in trouble.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tony may or may not be a head coach

Oct 4, 2020, 6:58 AM

Kind of hard to just stick to the run with TL, Rodgers, etc etc. Why would we just stick to the run? ETN was plenty involved anyway. He had over 100 yards receiving too.

Re: Tony may or may not be a head coach

Oct 4, 2020, 1:34 PM

The series of downs before half-time is why you mix in the run. Three passes. Three downs. 30 seconds later, a tired Clemson D is back in the field and gives up a touch.

??? how many natties does it take?***

Oct 4, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Tony may or may not be a head coach ]

Oct 4, 2020, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming" ]

You are a swimmer. Stay in the water. Your ignorance on football is incredible. Someday after Dabo, you will be wishing Tony was our head coach.
Pull for the coots! It suits you better.

Yep, Mr. Winner. You nailed it. Twice.

Oct 4, 2020, 12:34 AM

Oct 4, 2020, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming" ]

I don’t know why, But when I read this post I hear it in a drill Sargent voice and tone.

We do miss Scott. He was a co-coordinator.
He’d still be if he hadn’t gotten his own program.

How is that negative at all?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 7:13 AM

Let's face it, they were co-offensive coordinators but Scott carried the offense and now he's gone. Elliot can't call plays. That team last night looked like the 3 stooges running a 3 legged race. Keep that up and we won't even MAKE the playoffs. We will drop to 2 or 3 this week and if we don't improve it will get worse.

Most idiotic

Oct 4, 2020, 7:34 AM

statement I read in awhile! “Three stooges.....” I assume you’re talking about ETN, Rodgers and Ladson. You’re forgot about Lawrence!

The offense put up 41 pts in it’s first full game with the first team. Elliott and co used ETN both run and pass. I think I calculated he had 187 all purpose yds in rushing/passing. The offense is down Justin Ross and a gone Tee Higgins.

And I’m not sure how Bowman leaving had anything to do with Jeff Scott leaving. He certainly didn’t go to USF.

Go Tigers!

Oct 4, 2020, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming" ]

BigPurdy said:

Let's face it, they were co-offensive coordinators but Scott carried the offense and now he's gone. Elliot can't call plays. That team last night looked like the 3 stooges running a 3 legged race. Keep that up and we won't even MAKE the playoffs. We will drop to 2 or 3 this week and if we don't improve it will get worse.

BigPurdy said:

You do know that Jeff Scott has never called plays, it’s always been Tony Elliott....smh. So he’s called plays in 4 national championships winning 2, won 5 ACC Championships, been to 5 and won 4 playoff games and you say that he can’t call plays....really

Oct 4, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming" ]

So it’s safe to say you have never complained about Jeff’s play calling? I won’t waste my time looking.

Hi JudgebeOrange!

Oct 4, 2020, 2:38 PM

Right on queue with logging in an heading straight to the TDs. Do you even understand your logins are available for all to see?

Again, I'm guessing you think the more obvious it is the more dubious it gets?

TD away, young lady. This one is for you!

Maybe at some point your imagined sense pf accomplishment will fade out tho? Do you really feel like you're affecting anything by clicking on a thumbs down icon? How old are you Karen? We met about 3 years ago now, and at the time you looked like you were in your 30's. Regardless, you're too old to be living in this internet charade, ya know? Maybe at some point you can come to grips with real life and not continue to propagate the (bizarre!) charade?

I mean seriously, it takes a concerted effort to TD a post, then TU another arbitrary post just to be able to TD another one of my posts. You do realize its obvious, right? And you don't care??

Come on Karen. We can be friends. You really did seem like a decent lady.

Am I right?

Oct 4, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott on Demarkcus Bowman transfer: "I didn't see it coming" ]

I’m curious to see if people start to bash Dabo like they have Brownell

Oct 4, 2020, 8:18 AM

about losing players to transfer, now that it is easier to transfer in football than it used to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Not surprised you posted this

Oct 4, 2020, 8:32 AM

There is a huge difference between continually losing players you are supposed to be developing - that will have an impact and get lots of playing time (Basketball) and players leaving because they are buried on the depth chart and want to play more at a lower level school. Yes, there is a one off player who after a month, simply wanted to go home. (Football).
The differ

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably but since we end up in the cfp every year and win the nc every now and then

Oct 4, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to I’m curious to see if people start to bash Dabo like they have Brownell ]

I won’t.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m curious to see if people start to bash Dabo like they have Brownell

Oct 4, 2020, 1:42 PM [ in reply to I’m curious to see if people start to bash Dabo like they have Brownell ]

IMHO Swinney will continue to lose some young stars due to p.t. Bowman signed with Clemson to start quickly then go to the NFL. When ETN came back, it was a setback for Bowman. When LJ Dixon and Mellusi got the practice and game reps, it was a deal breaker. Bowman was on the line between Clemson and Florida. He felt he was not succeeding on his terms so Bowman left. He may or may not be an NFL player one day, but he has a better shot than Dixon and Mellusi based on his h.s. pedigree.

As for Brownell, not many follow Clemson basketball. About the came as Wake football. Hopefully, that will change one day.

I thought he left because one of the key reasons for

Oct 4, 2020, 1:59 PM

leaving Florida passed away? I haven't seen where it was about not succeeding on his terms? Do you have a source for that?

Oh Karen...

Oct 4, 2020, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I’m curious to see if people start to bash Dabo like they have Brownell ]

When Brad accomplishes a third of what Dabo has, then maybe people will stop questioning his leadership.

Oct 4, 2020, 9:25 AM

Come on, it is a different world in college sports and 5 Star players expect to play.

I’ve learned that when a basketball player transfers, seemingly without warning

Oct 4, 2020, 2:07 PM

our coaches are criticized for not being in tune with their players, and not relating well enough to them to be able to keep them happy.

I’m assuming the same logic applies here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Can you show the examples of where people

Oct 4, 2020, 2:17 PM

have said it was an issue of "not being in tune with" or "not relating well enough"?

I mean, there are how many players to choose from in the Brownell tenure? Has anyone ever said they left and Brad wasn't "in tune with them" in the sense it's being used here?

Also, why in sam hill are you trying to compare the football program to the basketball program. Plus, I succinctly recall you stating on this board that at one point you were on board with change in the bball program?

And, do you agree it is mandatory to make the NCAA tournament to justify more time?

Re: Can you show the examples of where people

Oct 4, 2020, 3:09 PM

Regarding play calling. Just go back to the LSU game last year and look at the use of Travis and Galloway (2nd half) after the 1st half success they had should have showed the way. Whoever was calling plays - I thought it was done poorly by not taking advantage of our strengths ??

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic