Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I do NOT read Post Courier's Gene Sapakoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 151

I do NOT read Post Courier's Gene Sapakoff

Nov 21, 2020, 6:53 AM

I'm not sure if he writes dumb stuff to start discussion or if he really has no clue.

- Several years ago after the ACC expanded and brought in Miami, Gene wrote that Clemson will always struggle to be competitive in the ACC and will never be among the national elite in college football. Now he writes how Clemson is the darling of college football.

- This summer he was all over talk radio in Charleston saying how Muschamp IS the right person for UofSC and he IS a great coach and all he needs a few more years. Only a few weeks into the season he says Muschsamp needs to go.

- This morning he writes how Clemson is better at stealing signals than UofSC is.

I think his daughter currently is enrolled or has recently graduated from Clemson. Obviously SHE has the brains in the family. He is nothing less than a buffoon. Do not read his articles. How he got a job as a SPORTS writer is beyond me.

Go Tigers!! Screw Sapakoff!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy?

Nov 21, 2020, 6:58 AM

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: This guy?

Nov 21, 2020, 7:37 AM

Nice try, but no. That’s one of Biden’s brothers. Or sons. They’re ALL OVER the news - how could you not recognize him. Or them? They’re going to be the new first family for chrissakes!!?!!

smh

PS: It’s only fake news if you don’t like what he writes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: This guy?

Nov 21, 2020, 9:03 AM [ in reply to This guy? ]

~JKB

Media writes nonsense and garbage to attract readers

Nov 21, 2020, 6:58 AM

If they wrote truth, nobody would read it. It’s the flaw in our system. The media are not honest brokers, about anything

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do NOT read Post Courier's Gene Sapakoff

Nov 21, 2020, 8:01 AM

Forget for a moment this "buffoon", but let's focus on the newspaper(s) in general.
Now ,this is just my opinion, but the State of South Carolina has got to have some of the worst new(less) papers of any state.
The Greenville News/Anderson Independent basically use the same new sources but format it differently.
The State might as well be run by The State, or the University. I don't know which is worse, but that brings me to;
The Post and Courier.
Growing up in Charleston they had two newspapers The News and Courier, and the Charleston Evening Post.
I always referred to them as the News Less Courier and the Charleston Evening Past, because that is what you basically got ,no news or old news.
So take it for what's it's worth.
You want news about Clemson, just go to eSECpn.

Nov 21, 2020, 8:09 AM

Years ago, like 30 plus, I lived in Charleston and while they were separate I subscribed to both the News and Courier and Evening Post. Back then Ken Burger (a Uga guy) headed the sports dept and covered USC while Sapakoff covered the Tigers. Burger wasn’t always kind to the coot program in fact he was sometimes hilarious in his biting criticism. Meanwhile Sapakoff seemed very fair writing about Clemson.

Sometime after I moved to Asheville Burger became ill and passed on. I can’t say when It all happened but eventually GS took over the head job and did take over coverage of the SC sports. I mostly heard of it on T Net from people saying how he was unfairly critical of our team. It seemed odd to me but maybe it was part of the job description?

Anyway that’s just my recollection. Both those guys were well respected writers but as I said maybe who and how you write about your assigned team explains the role/perspective.

Go Tigers and beat the Noles!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 10:07 AM

I miss ken burger. Good guy and writer.
Gene should take note. I think gene is from Wyoming or something like that, surely not a southern guy

Nov 21, 2020, 8:28 AM

Never cared for the articles that Spankinoff writes. Seems to be more of a troll than a journalist. Coots will coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 8:56 AM

Back in the mid to late 60's The State paper changed their editorial slant. Not sure if ownership changed. My parents took the News and Courier and Charlotte Observer. They were also more favorable in their coverage of Clemson. After the Observer sold to Knight Rider that changed too. Then State and Courier too.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic