Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mafah and the Grayson Rams play the power house Brookwood
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Mafah and the Grayson Rams play the power house Brookwood

Nov 6, 2020, 7:35 PM

On Tv in Ga and I’m going to give y’all many updates! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phil Mafah scores TD from 2 yards out

Nov 6, 2020, 7:40 PM

That’s a big boy

Wow Phil Mafah just got a screen and took it about 90 yards

Nov 6, 2020, 7:56 PM

That mans speed for his size is ridiculous! Stumbled 10 yards kept his balance and scored!

3rd touchdown for Mafah tonight

Nov 6, 2020, 8:23 PM

21-14 on a 5 yard run

4th TD by Mafah on a 10 yard run

Nov 6, 2020, 8:55 PM

He’s picking up about 20 yards per run

Re: Mafah and the Grayson Rams play the power house Brookwood

Nov 6, 2020, 8:27 PM

Thanks for the updates. I enjoyed watching him a couple of weeks ago.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks!***

Nov 6, 2020, 8:32 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 8:35 PM

Worked with a lady whose son played for Brookwood during the 89’s/90’s. Their booster club probably was comparable to IPTAY.

I always liked watching Parkview, though. Those uniforms made them look just like the Tigers!

When I lived in Gwinnett, the ‘migration’ to Walton, Barrow and Hall Counties had only just got started. Now, the football talent there is crazy. I don’t think people really grasp how easy it is for UGA recruiting top talent, only to continually underperform.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:40 PM

Mafah looks like an absolute beast:
https://twitter.com/gpbsports/status/1324878030012116993?s=21

Nov 6, 2020, 9:35 PM

I googled Grayson’s college prospects and almost vomited when an article detailed the 3 SEC commits (two to FL and one to AU) plus another 3 star lineman that just happened to transfer to Grayson in the spring and how their coach said they will just have to get in line with our guys. Child please!! And then the #1 rated high school QB in America out of California just decides he will transfer to little ole Grayson too and then Grayson’s coach drops him in to the team 7 games into the season?? Whatever happened to growing your own talent and representing your town in high school? Disgusting.

Nov 6, 2020, 9:49 PM

Calhoun2 said:

I googled Grayson’s college prospects and almost vomited when an article detailed the 3 SEC commits (two to FL and one to AU) plus another 3 star lineman that just happened to transfer to Grayson in the spring and how their coach said they will just have to get in line with our guys. Child please!! And then the #1 rated high school QB in America out of California just decides he will transfer to little ole Grayson too and then Grayson’s coach drops him in to the team 7 games into the season?? Whatever happened to growing your own talent and representing your town in high school? Disgusting.

Agree!

Question for you along the same lines. How do you feel about how they give schools "national championships" in High School?
To be more clear - Do you think it's fair to compare schools who can openly recruit to a team with nothing but homegrown talent? Say, Byrnes when they were among the best in H.S. versus a Saint Thomas Aquinas. Or Grayson or Buford who get players in every year who are talented football players with "no repercussions"!
To me if you want to give H.S. National Championships there should be two categories! Public and recruited National Champions! In 2017 South Pointe should have been "mythical" National Champions!
https://usatodayhss.com/2017/super-25-regional-football-rankings-final-southeast

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 10:38 PM

Yeah I could care less about Nattys for high school teams. The only teams that should be playing across state lines are schools within 50 miles of a state border for scheduling convenience sake. IMG doesn’t compete in a region/state so I don’t care what they do. Really don’t care for teams like DJs flying cross country to play a high school game. All that does is encourage accumulating talent from outside your area to try and compete nationally. Not a fan.

Nov 6, 2020, 11:22 PM

Calhoun2 said:

Yeah I could care less about Nattys for high school teams. The only teams that should be playing across state lines are schools within 50 miles of a state border for scheduling convenience sake. IMG doesn’t compete in a region/state so I don’t care what they do. Really don’t care for teams like DJs flying cross country to play a high school game. All that does is encourage accumulating talent from outside your area to try and compete nationally. Not a fan.

Agreed! Not a fan either! Not even a little bit. The other thing: "what about pride in your school"! Pride for where you come from. Grayson getting kids from all over greater Atlanta & now a player from California is disgusting. Same with IMG. St. Jon Bosco, St. Thomas Aquinas, the one in Las Vegas, all of them! It makes for better college players supposedly - hmmm.

Microcosm I know - but Murphy and Bresee played for the same H.S. teams I belive and are playing as much as seniors play. Capehart went to IMG and is not. And, his last year of H.S. didn't get to represent where he is "actually" from(Hartsville). Xavier Thomas(Florence) made a few plays his Freshman year! But, hasn't had that impact everyone thought - mostly due to injuries I think/hope. I don't know he would have been in any worse position had he stayed at Wilson H.S.

As you said, "not a fan"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2020, 9:24 AM

Yep good points. I don’t know how kids afford to go to IMG or any of the others. It says on their website they don’t give scholarships (cough cough) and the tuition is outrageous. Dabo says bloom where you are planted and that has always been my belief for high schoolers. I know some of them are going there to improve grades or study habits that help them get to college so whatever. IMG pimps themselves for their great coaching and development staff. They don’t belong in conversations about high school rankings because they aren’t a high school team.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic