Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a random thought. Could Clemson actually be better next season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Just a random thought. Could Clemson actually be better next season

Dec 19, 2020, 9:31 PM

Defense loses Turner only ?? Skalski will return I’m almost certain. Linebacker play, secondary, Dline will be outstanding. All 3 levels will be awesome IMO

Offense with Ngata and Ladson back and possibly Ross will play another year with Tigers if healthy and able. Lyn J, Melusi, Pace, with Shipman and Mafah coming in as very high rated recruits. Losing ETN will be tough but I see enough talent to get great numbers and play. Oline all back other than Carman and he might even come back ?????

It all comes down to DJ and I think he will be great. I think Georgia will be tough game being the first game of season but he has some experience this year, played great when he played. He will run ball more next year and he will be like tackling Cam Newton, he is pretty much same size.

I mean it’s hard to be better than Clemson already is..... National Champion still very possible but so much youth on the field this year playing a lot of snaps. Maybe I should say as good as this team ????? ???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a random thought. Could Clemson actually be better next season

Dec 19, 2020, 9:33 PM

Well lets win this one first - but seems like you're asking a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 9:37 PM

I said that in post. Just a thought is all, so much talent it’s awesome to consider how much fun next season might be.

Stopped reading at “could...”***

Dec 19, 2020, 9:34 PM

NM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice, there are more words but you do you ??***

Dec 19, 2020, 9:36 PM

Re: Nice, there are more words but you do you ??***

Dec 19, 2020, 9:37 PM

I did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i posted a couple days ago

Dec 19, 2020, 9:45 PM

per 247 ratings.

5 of Clemson TOP 10 all time ...highest rated... recruits will be on the team next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Could be? It's nearly certain

Dec 19, 2020, 9:52 PM

If Skalski returns, every single position group except (probably) QB will be improved.

Ooops, I forgot about RB***

Dec 19, 2020, 10:19 PM

Dec 19, 2020, 9:55 PM

I think overall the Tigers will be better as a team. But we are losing 2 great ones to state the obvious. DJ should be good to go so not much of a drop off there. It will be running back by committee. Everywhere outside of QB and RB we will be much improved. That is scary to say.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo said, "The BEST is yet to come."

Dec 19, 2020, 9:58 PM

I believe in Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo said, "The BEST is yet to come."

Dec 19, 2020, 11:12 PM

IBID

Dec 19, 2020, 10:11 PM

I think it’s possible we are a more balanced talent. Instead of superstar QB (which will be sorely missed) we will have a perfectly capable QB protected by a more experienced line. Defense like what won 15’. I can see it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 10:24 PM

Idk, DJ has every chance to be what Trevor is. He made a few freshman mistakes in his 2 starts but he's going to be really good. Defense will be stacked, hopefully #1 will come back but probably not. Im concerned at the depth at QB. If Taisun decides to transfer, who will be DJ's backup? Helms? Everyone wants to see DJ running more but he already injured his shoulder playing a few series against Miami early in the season. If he gets injured, season is over.

Dec 19, 2020, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Just a random thought. Could Clemson actually be better next season ]

Any chance that etn uses his 5th year and comes back for another year? He's surprised us once.

Dec 19, 2020, 11:10 PM

Hmmm, I guess he could but RB has such short careers. He gave us a 4th and forever thankful he did, love some ETN. Go get that money ??

Dec 19, 2020, 10:22 PM

Clemson "will be better next season"! I have no doubt about it!

Crazy statement after losing the future #1 pick in the NFL draft and his RB fellow 1st rounder, I know.

My reasoning: All the experience the young Tigers are getting this season! We were young and we are winning. The ACC started before most and they got more games in.
We will be pretty deep at all positions!

***the only area of concern in my mind for next season will be the OL. How physical can they be? How good are they going to be? Who replaces JC if he leaves for the big NFL money.

WR is going to be absolutely loaded! TE loaded. QB depth will be something I will track all during spring and fall camp. Who will step up and be a good #2 QB? Outside of OL - that's number two concern for me.

The defense should be one of Coach Venables best in terms of at least star rated players! We have a ton of young guys who have played a lot of football that will get a full(hopefully) off season to get even deeper in the mind of BV and his defense. I am looking forward to the development of Capehart the most along with L. Bentley and Simpson!

If DJU can stay healthy - this team has a chance to be one of the best! I trust we will figure out OL. And I trust we will have the #2 QB ready!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 10:39 PM

We will be a much more complete team. You left out EJ Williams and he's a force my friend. Shipley will see, imo, a lot of snaps. So much we can do with him.

As for the oline. After reading Dabo comments from August, he addressed the line. Parks is a monster... Hope we see his grade this week. We'll be much deeper in rotation. Dabo said in August that missing spring scrimmage and camp in August with the injuries and covid, didn't get the work and development he'd hoped for.

We'll be rocking it next year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Just a random thought. Could Clemson actually be better next season ]

Very well stated. I’m with you, fully healthy 2021 is going to be another exciting year of Clemson football.

I also think it’s incredible to lose the best QB in the CFB twice and keep on not only winning but winning championships. Truly blessed, thank you Dabo and staff, and all those involved in his bring hired ????????

OL should be stronger next year. That alone will make us be

Dec 19, 2020, 10:23 PM

Nm

Dec 19, 2020, 10:38 PM

1). If DJ can be a decent running threat (if indeed his lack of mobility was the coaches call due to injury), then we have no worries there.
2). WR: Williams, Ross, Ngata, Larson, etc.
Tight ends are great. All in all: I expect the receiving Corp to be at least as good as this year’s group.
3). O-Line: Expect better next year. Maybe losing Carmen, but Parks proving to be future star. The last recruiting class was loaded with online talent and they will be a year wiser and stronger.
4). RB: Chance to be just as good. Someone on current roster will need to step up, and may need some support from Shipley (early enrollee)

Defense will be even better. I agree that Skalski comes back. I also think there is a chance Nolan comes back (unless he has crazy combine numbers).

we don't rebuild, we reload!***

Dec 19, 2020, 10:42 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic