»
Topic: Is there any weird tie breaker that keeps a one loss tigers out of championship?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 9, 2020, 9:49 AM by: Tigerrag24
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

Is there any weird tie breaker that keeps a one loss tigers out of championship?

Posted: Nov 9, 2020, 8:58 AM

I know we have the tie breaker against Miami so if we win we are in right?

Re: Is there any weird tie breaker that keeps a one loss tigers out of championship?

[2]
Posted: Nov 9, 2020, 9:01 AM

We win out, we are in the ACC Championship. If we win it, we are in the playoffs.

2021 white level member

Re: Is there any weird tie breaker that keeps a one loss tigers out of championship?

Posted: Nov 9, 2020, 9:25 AM

In short, no.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Nov 9, 2020, 9:49 AM

I maybe wrong but I unfortunately think there is a way we win out and do not make it to the ACC Championship game and thus miss out on the playoffs. The two best WINNING PERCENTAGE teams make it to the ACC Championship. Notre Dame is a given if they win out. What if one of our three remaining games is cancelled due to COVID and cannot be made up before Dec. 19. If Miami wins out and is able to play all of their games they would have a better WINNING PERCENTAGE than us (9-1 vs 8-1). In particular, if our game with VT has to be postponed we will not be able to make it up because they already are making up a game with UVA on Dec. 12.
We better hope that the remaining 3 teams do not cancel on us.

Replies: 3  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
723 people have read this post