Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
These Reps talking about how scared
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 394

These Reps talking about how scared

Jan 13, 2021, 1:44 PM

they were last week.

Now they know how grocery/liquor store owners, Target Managers, Foot Locker store workers felt as they were being fire bombed and attacked. Now they know how scared those people are and how they felt. They never cared from their million dollar mansions or DC townhomes, now all the sudden it "hit home" and the violence has to stop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These Reps talking about how scared

Jan 13, 2021, 1:46 PM

I love watching angry sociopaths suffer.

I mean, I know I shouldn't, but I do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 1:51 PM

So are you saying you consider the people/Trumpatards in DC the same as those scumbags that looted and burned businesses? If so, I agree.

Jan 13, 2021, 2:39 PM

I am always a bit amazed at how different most of these people's lives are from those of average Americans - and how unaware most Americans are of the scope of those differences.

I don't know how one expects millionaires to understand or care about the real problems of the average American.

Imagine how scared they would have been

Jan 13, 2021, 2:45 PM

if you had made the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi6tshsXVUk

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, I ain't judging, and I'm quite glad that I don't

Jan 13, 2021, 2:58 PM

have to know how I'd react in this situation, but I have to admit that one of the thoughts that ran through my head (along with pity) when I saw this Rep losing her sh## on the floor was "she gets a vote to send 18 year olds to war". I know that it's a bit of a non-sequitur, but there the thought was....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lemme see if I can attempt to evoke a little empathy

Jan 13, 2021, 3:08 PM

...out of you.

The night before the raid, you were furious that some protesters went you Hawley's house where his wife and newborn were. I agreed; it was out of line. I don't know that they ever felt threatened, but I could maybe see how his wife would be scared. She didn't sign up for that. I'd be furious if someone did that to my wife because of me.

So, that day in the Capitol, we have 435 reps in the house. I'm sure not all of them have million dollar mansions. But regardless, does that disqualify them from being scared? Especially since officials have apprehended people who intended to take hostages? They went to work in a place they thought could never fall victim to what happened last week. Why shouldn't they have a right to be frightened over what happened?

Now those 435 reps have families. Husbands, wives, and children. I wonder how they all felt as they watched this unfold on the news? Did they wonder if they would ever see Dad or Mom again? What if they saw Dad led out in zip ties by one of those wannabe militia men?

Along with the reps, inside that building we had aids, officers, clerical workers, custodians, etc. All who probably don't have million dollar homes and probably sympathized with all the people you listed. Have you considered those people when you keep making light of what happened? Did you think about them when you cheered it on as you watched?

People lost their lives that day. If authorities hadn't taken back control as fast as they did, we might have seen some truly terrible images play out on live TV. And just because someone has a lot of money doesn't mean he or she should be dismissed when fearing for his or her life as an angry mob breaks down doors and through windows.

Maybe these are things you could consider before you continue to cheer on the raid of the Capitol and make light of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 6
| visibility 394
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic