Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm Still Here But...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

I'm Still Here But...

Nov 6, 2020, 12:18 PM

I spend so much time in the bathroom I now use that as my postal address. More about that later. I believe I mentioned in my last report I had experienced some problems, no stamina, weight loss and a few other things. Just leaning over to tie my shoe strings or walk down to the mail box was a tiring experience. A cat scan and other tests revealed an excess amount of fluid in my body and that meant congestive heart failure. I was prescribed a diuretic pill so small I could barely see it, but it is more powerful than the large pumps in New Orleans that are used to drain out the flood waters. Three of these pills would dry up Lake Hartwell in five days.

I make a trip to the bathroom at intervals of two hours and less, 24 hours a day. Before all of this happened I weighed a regular 185 pounds. This morning I weighed 155.2 pounds and look like skin and bones. I have to lose more yet to get all the fluid out and then I can go back on a weight gain program.

This week I began a Home Health rehab program, mostly geared to balance, and walking. Most of the time was spent in the kitchen in and around the sink. I was beginning to think my rehab was geared more to the occupational aspect than the physical aspect. At least I might be able to get a job in a fast food joint as a dish washer or other similar high skilled position.

Have you ever held your arms out from your body for an extended period of time? It sounds simple but it gets tiresome in a hurry. That's on the schedule for next week. I've been practicing by holding a ten pound potato sack in my right hand and two five pound sugar sacks in my left hand. I was able to hold them up for about five seconds. Next week i will start putting potatoes in the sack and discard the sugar sacks. If I can build up strength in my arms it's quite possible I can get a job holding up a protest sign or throwing a Molitov Cocktail during a "peaceful" riot.

I have noticed a vast improvement in my stamina as I've gradually eliminated some of this fluid. I can tie my shoes with no trouble and I can walk down to the mailbox with ease. That's a big plus. On the negative side, everything in my clothes closet is too big. The only things that still fit are my shoes and socks.

For a while I was beginning to wonder if I would make it to No. 99 and, at the moment, that looks like a good possibility (19 more days). But my main goal was and continues to be to make it to No. 100 in 2021. So, I'm going to do what the doctors say.

(I had to make only one bathroom call while typing this message)

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm Still Here But...

Nov 6, 2020, 12:21 PM

You are amazing Joe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep the Faith...***

Nov 6, 2020, 12:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 12:25 PM

Keep up the great work Joe!

Remember you are trying to rebuild your stamina at the same time as Trevor Lawrence and Xavier Thomas are trying to do the same.

I've always thought that all great men share a similar burden.

Hey Joe - that 1st paragraph is perhaps the greatest single

Nov 6, 2020, 12:31 PM

paragraph ever written on TNet.

Hilarious.

Have a BLESSED Friday and feel better & keep on keepin' on ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Keep up the good work! Love reading your messages

Nov 6, 2020, 12:33 PM

100? Hell you got that in the bag Joe.

Re: Keep up the good work! Love reading your messages

Nov 6, 2020, 12:41 PM

Rehab is a beach. Hang in there Tiger.

Greetings my friend Joe21 & Bless you great Man..

Nov 6, 2020, 1:06 PM

wondering if I “caught” this thing while visiting you & Linda in Clemson at your home!

Saying, I have been losing weight for no reason and various scans aren’t showing anything alarming and only down from 160 to 145 lbs this year but looking scary skinny as you mentioned you are.

Your post was hilarious & read it to my Linda (how’s your Linda doing?) who shared some loud laughs with me especially about the empty exercise bags.

Take care & keep up the positive vibes so we can give you that 100th Birthday party in Death Valley, as planned!

Go TiGERS..Rock the Domer’s!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know the feelings joe

Nov 6, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Keep up the good work! Love reading your messages ]

As I near the big 80 I can tell I’m not my usual “ball of fire” but I’m not giving up and I am sure that you want either,

Be tough like a Tiger! That’s what I tell myself. Always thinking of you. You are a remarkable gentleman and you have earned the respect of ALL of us.

Re: I know the feelings joe

Nov 6, 2020, 1:09 PM

Wont. My brain goes bad too

Nov 6, 2020, 1:02 PM

Hang in there Joe. You've got a bunch of Tigers covering your six. Go Tigers.

Nov 6, 2020, 1:07 PM

Thanks for the update Joe ....... we all have your back and know that you rehab successfully. What an asset you are to Clemson, South Carolina, and the USA!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 1:16 PM

Hang in there Joe. Speaking from experience, the olden years is not, not the golden years. You have our thoughts and prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang Joe - I doubt I can hold

Nov 6, 2020, 1:24 PM

10 pounds out with each arm for that long- sounds like Basic Training PT all over again

We love ya, Mr. Joe! And I’m looking forward to telling you...

Nov 6, 2020, 1:33 PM

Happy 99th here real soon!

~JKB

Nov 6, 2020, 1:40 PM

Thank you so much for sharing that post. We will keep praying for you.

Bew a good patient. Follow orders of Dr. and PT.

Looking forward to the day you can start throwing those Molotov Cocktails.

Nov 6, 2020, 1:43 PM

Joe, I will be praying for your continued improvement. We need you and your wisdom around more than ever! God bless you!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 1:42 PM

Joe.... We will have an early Thanksgiving since the day before the holiday is your birthday! So thankful for the wisdom, sanity, and humor you bring to all of us Tnetters! Enjoy this glorious day.

Nov 6, 2020, 1:47 PM

Joe, I am so sorry to hear the wise sage of Tnet is having any trouble at all. Prayers for you and sending
all the well wishes possible for improving health. We will be expecting updates as this board needs your wise perspective, good humor, great stories, common sense, and always, Tiger loyalty. Go Joe!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep typing Joe.

Nov 6, 2020, 1:51 PM

You are an inspiration.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a teacher in high school who used to punish us by

Nov 6, 2020, 2:08 PM

making us stand in front of the class and extend one arm out at shoulder height (parallel to the floor) holding a textbook. You are right...that was hard!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 2:31 PM

God bless you sir!

Nov 6, 2020, 2:35 PM

Go Joe !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You're an inspiration man.***

Nov 6, 2020, 2:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 2:39 PM

Please take care Mr. Joe. Praying for you.

Really enjoyed this. Had to share with a friend who is not

Nov 6, 2020, 2:41 PM

on TNET. Stay strong Joe!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 3:59 PM

Great post Joe. Prayers for a quick rehab.

Nov 6, 2020, 4:05 PM

Thanks for the health update Joe, been thinking about you since going to visit my grandmother in Chapin for her 95th birthday a few weeks ago! God bless!

Nov 6, 2020, 5:37 PM

Keep at it Joe! I’m so thankful that things are getting better for you. Prayers buddy.

Praying for you buddy!

Nov 6, 2020, 6:12 PM

Putting you on high rotation. I know you’re in that good night, but no need to go gentle yet

Nov 6, 2020, 7:00 PM

I wish you the best Joe. I love reading your posts.

Nov 6, 2020, 7:07 PM

Love and prayers for you Joe!!!!

Joe, I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting you but

Nov 6, 2020, 8:40 PM

You seem to be a true gem.

I literally laughed out loud twice while reading your post.

All the best to you !

Nov 6, 2020, 8:48 PM

Always look forward to your posts. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and relief from the frequent bathroom trips.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:52 PM

Praying for full perfect recovery Joe.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 6, 2020, 9:01 PM

Mr Joe, with your great attitude you will get through this episode just fine! Thank you for the update, and we'll keep you in our prayers!

Nov 7, 2020, 4:21 AM

I was looking for your last post to make sure you were still around. Glad you are coming around and getting healthy. Thanks for the updates. You are loved on this site. There will be a lot of heartbroken people when you do go in 10 years or so.

Nov 7, 2020, 11:18 AM

Mr Joe, I usually never comment to your post, but it isn't bc I don't have anything to say, it's bc by the time I see them, half of T-net has already had their response, and I just can't add anything to what has been said...

But this time, I see that if I have my maff right, your B-day will be on November the 25th, a day after my sisters B-day, 2 days before my own B-day. If you have ever had any interest in the Zodiac signs, you are a Sagittarius, me and my sister are Sagittarians also. The one thing that I've learned about Sagittarians from myself and my sister, we are pretty determined people that don't care much for the "NO" and we do it our way regardless of the opinions of others.

I'm sure you will make you goal of 100, and that's bc you are determined to do that, and you will do whatever it takes to make there. From reading most of your stories of adventure throughout your life, I personally believe that Zodiac sign of the Sagittarius fits you well from what I've read of your life time adventures. Now put that determination that was born in you to work, and get yourself back into the best shape that you can. I think that you're going to be just fine with a little help from your friends!!!!!

My wife said for me tell you, bless your sweet heart, and that you will be in our prayers. God has let you stay on earth for this long bc he knows that you are a doer that gets things done, and he loves that in his children, and to God, you are still a child, God bless you Joe!!! Go Tigers, beat the leprechauns!!!

https://www.allure.com/story/sagittarius-zodiac-sign-personality-traits

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there Mr. Joe. Here's hoping you make it to 100 and

Nov 7, 2020, 11:42 AM

beyond. Hope you get all your stories published in that book before the Big Ending. :)

We know it is not really the Big Ending anyway, just the end of the Beginning!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2020, 1:56 PM

God bless you, Joe. You are in my prayers. I hope you can start seeing different places than your restroom! I loved your post, BTW.

Praying for you Joe !***

Nov 7, 2020, 7:54 PM

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic