Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
let me just say, theres some shady #### going on in the mkt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

let me just say, theres some shady #### going on in the mkt

Jan 28, 2021, 8:34 AM

AMC, to get stops to trigger, there was a trade last night that went from 16 to 8 and back to 16
Now 3 sites are preventing you from buying amc and gme.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will not be allowed to continue.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:41 AM

Promise. But I think we're seeing a major shift into something not good. I predict this will get "managed" very quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there's anything the American government

Jan 28, 2021, 8:45 AM

won't stand for, it's watching people who shouldn't be making money suddenly starting making money at the expense of the entities who don't play by the same set of rules.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that and the WS douches that give them millions as campaign

Jan 28, 2021, 8:48 AM

donations start crying cause they are losing money.
THEN somethins gotta be done

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy crap, me and xtiger agree!

Jan 28, 2021, 8:51 AM

:)

Yeah, I read some stuff on twitter where this may unite both

Jan 28, 2021, 9:01 AM

sides of the aisle, it is more about class than politics. But the hedgefunds and billionaires at the top are not going to let this go for long.

Go try and buy AMC or Gamestop this morning, going to be tough to find an app that lets you.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the NOK train now boys!!!!! YOLO***

Jan 28, 2021, 9:02 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is quite interesting to watch

Jan 28, 2021, 8:49 AM [ in reply to If there's anything the American government ]

Govt is protecting us the people right?

these sites are allowing you to sell but not buy

Jan 28, 2021, 8:50 AM

how is that even legal?

There is a system in place. Rules. It's set up to work

Jan 28, 2021, 8:57 AM [ in reply to If there's anything the American government ]

and provide ever increasing and rosy numbers. When someone games it, they're dealt with accordingly.

Here's a possible situation.....just a stab in the dark, but I can see it happening....

These people are not speculating in profits, or long term success. They're reading the tea leaves and seeing where to cash in on losses. Not unlike hedge funds, their competitors. However, hedge funds play a key role in the markets. They profit on losses. BUT, just like any investment funds, they are market driven. They always keep the money they make in play in the markets. That's their livelihood.

But 2 million people in their underwear doing 30 minutes of day trading are not in this game for long term investments. And they're not going to roll their profits from the losses into the market again, which is one of the key roles hedge funds play. They retain that capital after downturns and then people shift that money back into investing long term.

The whole balance is thrown off by these day traders shorting like the hedge funds. They will cash out and buy a Ferrari, or whatever. It can destabilize the markets massively. And collectively, they have the leverage via the internet in numbers to do individually, what massive hedge funds can't do collectively, and that's play the market with billions of dollars. Imagine having far more investors than a hedge fund, all individuals, and they get together and plan a stock run up and sale. It's all done online. Millions are involved. It's coordinated in ways a hedge fund manager could only dream of without getting arrested, and bewm, it works. Ok, so you going to arrest 2 million people for market manipulation? Do you go after reddit? They will move. It's a cat out of the bag thing I fear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you’re saying

Jan 28, 2021, 9:04 AM

Buy stock in Ferrari?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I'm saying the net winners here will be more likely NOT to

Jan 28, 2021, 9:20 AM

reinvest. It will be a net drain on the markets if this keeps up. Would you want to invest to short a struggling company now, knowing as soon as it enters the crosshairs of an online forum, bewm, you're screwed?

Once you remove the regulations for being a broker, and remove the fees, etc., it's wide open. I can't believe this hasn't caught on before online really.

This will be stopped at the trade point. The days of day trading are probably going to be over.

Whoosh***

Jan 28, 2021, 9:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

The net winners here are the r/wallstreetbets people who

Jan 28, 2021, 9:33 AM [ in reply to I'm saying the net winners here will be more likely NOT to ]

were in it from the beginning. All they do is gamble in day trading. They'll reinvest and lose it all, because that's what they do.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not if they work together, which they've figured out.

Jan 28, 2021, 10:06 AM

Short stocks are perfect for this type of coordination. These aren't day traders anymore. And Game Stop really wasn't a gamble once everyone was on the same page.

Its not a zero sum game

Jan 28, 2021, 10:12 AM [ in reply to I'm saying the net winners here will be more likely NOT to ]

What hedge funds an /WSB do with say, AMC or GME has zero to do with what happens to other stocks.

If this kind of manipulation, if you want to call it that, would have changed the stock market forever, automated trading by racks of servers in the early 2000's would have as well. The market is large enough to not be worried over a handful of stocks, a few at the time.

Now the individual hedge funds like Melvin Capital that lost bigly on GME? Yeah..they will get fscked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smokey this isn't Wall St, this is bowling. There are rules.***

Jan 28, 2021, 10:25 AM [ in reply to There is a system in place. Rules. It's set up to work ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Smokey this isn't Wall St, this is bowling. There are rules.***

Jan 28, 2021, 10:32 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the hedge funds dont follow the rules or the law...the SEC

Jan 28, 2021, 10:38 AM [ in reply to There is a system in place. Rules. It's set up to work ]

wont do a #### thing about it either. They never have.

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

there's been shady #### going on in the markets

Jan 28, 2021, 10:38 AM

for about 50 years. difference is joe schmo is talking about it on a Clemson Football (lol) message board.

to quote wsb:
Brain: smooth

####: jacked

Hands: diamond

Erection: 2 inches

Bears: ###

??????LETS GO??????

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic