Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Identical Replica Rock on the Hill?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,283

Identical Replica Rock on the Hill?

Nov 19, 2019, 10:06 AM

This message addresses two things: A) a publicity strategy in handling vandalism our Clemson Rock. B) A conspiracy theory.

Strategy: If I'm Clemson Football administration, I've made an exact replica of the real rock that is atop the hill in Death Valley. If someone vandalizes it today or into the future... I say nothing. I swap out the vandalized Rock and replace it with an exact replica Rock. Then I keep silent.

The Rock is sacred and publicizing its vandalism achieves tarnishing its value and upsets our passionate fan base. A solid publicity strategy is to have an artist create an identical lab-grown rock and have it ready for a swap if any further vandalism occurs. (One negative to this strategy is that silence prohibits receiving public help from a man-hunt on discovering information about who injured the Rock).

Conspiracy theory: what if the Rock has been vandalized in past years (before any person could post something on social media outlets) and no one said anything. Maybe the Rock isn't even the real rock. I REALLY DOUBT THIS IS TRUE I'M JUST TOSSING IT OUT THERE SO YOU CAN TELL ME TO SHUTUP (BUT SAY PLEASE BC THAT'S THE NICE THING TO DO...HA)

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Identical Replica Rock on the Hill?

Nov 19, 2019, 10:08 AM

You have to much time on your hands this morning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

I don't want our players to be rubbing a

Nov 19, 2019, 10:10 AM

fake rock.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Only "smooth hands" could tell the difference . . .

Nov 19, 2019, 10:37 AM

but I understand where you're coming from . . . +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 10:42 AM

https://www.wyff4.com/article/suspect-in-howard-s-rock-vandalism-case-sentenced/7016193

What a turd farmer

Maybe the rock you see on a pedestal at the top of The Hill

Nov 19, 2019, 11:04 AM

is itself a decoy...a replica. Maybe the original rock given to Frank Howard is currently employed as a door stop in Dabo's office.

Or maybe, after the vandalism incident, a replica was made of the current rock, and the original is kept in a safe place between home games, but brought out and swapped for the replica on game days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe the rock you see on a pedestal at the top of The Hill

Nov 19, 2019, 11:41 AM

Yes. That is seriously a good idea.

It Would Be Better To Just Allow The Oculus to Eradicate

Nov 19, 2019, 11:35 AM

Any vandals or otherwise people of ill repute when they attempt to touch the rock. You know it has the power.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think a replica Rock could give 110%.***

Nov 19, 2019, 11:57 AM

Nov 19, 2019, 12:20 PM

Save this stuff for the offseason man... great topic for June when we have NOTHING to talk about. We will jump at anything... in November? not going to get too many bites

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,283
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic