Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boys I am happier than a ##### in a ##### factory
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Boys I am happier than a ##### in a ##### factory

Jan 27, 2021, 7:45 AM

So I bought a Rossi .357 from a buddy of mine because he didn't like the way it shot. A $300 gun, Got it dirt cheap.

Brother in law texts me last night. He bought a 7 mag (kind of hunting rifle I've been wanting for years). Wants to trade.

So for $100 I get a new Remington 7 mag.

Deal GIFs | Tenor

Now I can retire the old 6.5 Swedish Mauser that I plan on handing down to my son.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Now I need to buy a good scope for it***

Jan 27, 2021, 7:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have two 7mm rifles. One is semi-auto and one is a bolt

Jan 27, 2021, 7:58 AM

Bolt is much more accurate. In fact, I've probably killed 15+ deer with it. It is amazingly accurate and could hit an apple at 300 yards with it. Longest shot I've had was 320 yards, and hit about 2 inches from my mark. Very flat shooting. Also very loud, and kicks like a mule (more than a 12ga).

Also, I would not recommend it for hunting in SC. Out west, killing big game, taking long shots, sure. But it's totally not a good whitetail deer gun, and not ideal for SC. Sure, it's accurate, but I've ruined many a shoulder, neck, loin, etc. using it.

Love the gun, most accurate gun I own, and have killed plenty of deer with it. But I now use the standard .270. Not as accurate, but it has preserved as much meat as I destroyed with the 7mm over the years. One more thing, with the 7mm it DROPS the deer. Rarely do they run, and if they do they don't make it 20 yards. .270 they can run a decent distance before falling.

If it's a bolt, get a good scope. It's worth it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I like the 6.5. Bullet goes in

Jan 27, 2021, 8:07 AM

doesn't come out. Leaves a hole about half an inch but ##### them up inside. They run 20 yards if it's a good shot.

I'm tired of finding deer. I want it dropped right where it is.

You can sometimes stick your fist in a 7mm exit wound.***

Jan 27, 2021, 8:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. All of my in-laws use 7 mags

Jan 27, 2021, 8:13 AM

##### them up

Just pick your shots. Gut shot one once

Jan 27, 2021, 8:18 AM

Deer was at an angle. Hit it in the shoulder, went through the entire deer diagonally lengthwise, and exited out of the opposite side hind quarter. Lemme see....

Salvageable meat:
Neck - meh
One shoulder
front half of the loins
One hind quarter

Ruined meat:
One shoulder
Back half of the loins
tenderloins
one hind quarter

FBC can sometimes stick his fist in his poop's exit wound.

Jan 27, 2021, 8:34 AM [ in reply to You can sometimes stick your fist in a 7mm exit wound.*** ]

stubborn_tiger®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I shoot a .243. Preserves nearly all of the meat.

Jan 27, 2021, 8:13 AM [ in reply to That's why I like the 6.5. Bullet goes in ]

Which is good, because you'll work up an appetite tracking the deer hundreds of yards with zero blood trail.

Same with the 6.5. 0 blood trail.

Jan 27, 2021, 8:14 AM

you better know where he ran or you're not finding him.

Enjoy it while you can

Jan 27, 2021, 7:50 AM

~miuratiger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Boys I am happier than a ##### in a ##### factory

Jan 27, 2021, 7:53 AM

Picked up a Tikka 7mag yesterday myself. Topped it with a Swarovski Z3 3x9-36 (the only Swarovski in my price range on the shelf). will be headed to the range Saturday for sure. :)

Now, if i could just find some RL22...

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

How's that scope do in low light

Jan 27, 2021, 7:56 AM

I have a decent scope on the 6.5 but it sucks in low light. If dark is 6, I'm getting out the stand at 5:15 because I can't see #### anymore

Re: How's that scope do in low light

Jan 27, 2021, 8:01 AM

The Swarovski Z3 is excellent in low light. Has been for me. I used to buy nothing but Leupold but picked up my first Z3 about 10 years ago and I love it. Take a look through one and you will see what I mean. Pricing around $700 give or take but worth every penny.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$700?

Jan 27, 2021, 8:08 AM

you're not from around here are you?

Re: $700?

Jan 27, 2021, 9:51 AM

Is that moving up in the world where you are... or am I on the low end and shouldn't be talking to you at all? :)

Seriously - good optics is worth their weight in gold.

I understand that d1Ld0 is filtered, but when did they start

Jan 27, 2021, 8:02 AM

filtering C0ach?

What ranges do you hunt at? I am almost always under 150 yards. Nearly every deer I have ever shot was under 50 yards. I have a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x36 and it's the bomb. I've thought that maybe if I had to do it over, I'd pony up more bucks for a nicer one, but I don't really need to. It does everything I need.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-leupold-vx-3i-2-5-8x36mm-riflescope.html

I have a 4.5-16 x 50 a/o Nikon Buckmaster that I have on an AR. I thought about putting it on my deer rifle, but I just don't need it. Don't really need it on my AR either.

I have an old school Nikon MOnarch 2.5X long eye relief scope that is mounted scout-style on an old winchester model 94. I rarely shoot that gun, though.

My other scopes are just trash on plinkers and an eotech on a sbr 300blkout.

If you're dropping deer (or trying to) at ranges further than that, then you should step up your zoom and get bigger glass.

Since I know you are budget minded (as am I) I hear great things about the Vortex scopes, and Redfield has some too that I believe used to be made by Leupold... not sure if they still are.

Set aside money for a decent mount. My deer rifle is a Ruger, and the factory scope mounts are badassss. I don't think I've had to adjust it in the 15 or so years I've owned and mistreated the gun.

Opticsplanet is a really good site for scopes.

Stick to the big boy brands, avoid any stupid gimmick features and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Shooting anywhere from 80-120 yards

Jan 27, 2021, 8:19 AM

although I do have another farm where I can shoot anywhere from 100-500 yards depending on the field I'm in.

This is like the old trading post shows on country radio

Jan 27, 2021, 8:16 AM

stations.

"YES, MY NAME IS MAUDE AN I'M IN OILY CREEK AN WE GOT A CAST IRON WARSHIN MACHINE IT DON'T RINSE BUT IT WARSHES REEL GOOD AN WE ALSO GOT 10 BEAGLE/DALMATION MIX PUPPIES THEY REEL HEALTHY ONES MISSIN AN EYE AN I'LL TAKE 10 DOLLAR FER BOTH"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a Tennessee thing?

Jan 27, 2021, 8:21 AM

We just got to the country store around here

Nah, I remember them most in SC. Driving around on

Jan 27, 2021, 8:31 AM

Saturday mornings, my Grandfather would have some small station on with about a 40 mile coverage radius, and they'd invariably have a call in show like this. Heard them more recently in rural Kentucky but they're probably mostly a relic of the past.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh, they still have them

Jan 27, 2021, 8:47 AM

there's one around here that's on Saturday mornings, not sure what station. Greenville/Anderson, some AM station. It's a hoot to listen to. I think the Gardening Show comes on right after the Trading Post.

And I remember them from my childhood, small town people trading animals and getting rid of kids' outgrown junk like cribs, tricycles, etc.

Not everybody had a Goodwill store in their town to haul unneeded items to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

google of "Trading Post radio"

Jan 27, 2021, 8:55 AM

those shows are still alive in all corners of the USA.

Trading Post - WLIL COUNTRY RADIOwww.wlilcountry.com › trading-post
THE WLIL TRADING POST WITH HOST CINDY JO BROWN EXTENDED TIME PERIOD!! Monday thru Friday Mornings 9:00 AM to 9:45 AM And again after 'You

TradingPost - WYXIwww.wyxi.net › tradingpost
AUCTIONS 381 - 1050 — The popular WYXI RADIO TRADING POST program is broadcast LIVE twice daily; 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Monday-Saturday and 4:15 p.m. to

Trading Post : Buy ,Sell,or Trade your... - WKUL 92.1 FM Radiowww.facebook.com › WKULFM › posts › trading-post...
Trading Post : Buy ,Sell,or Trade your items Monday -Friday 10:30 am till 11:00 am 3 items or less Call 256-734-0183 or 256-734-0189 email...

Trading Post | Effingham Radiowww.effinghamradio.com › trading-post-2
Trading Post. Listen to the Trading Post every weekday morning 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM on WCRA 1090 AM/96.3 FM or 99.5 FM! Join us by calling in at ...

Trading Post - WLXwww.radio7media.com › index.php › wlx-trading-post
Trading Post Options: Submit An Item · Radio ... Monday thru Friday at 5:45 a.m. and at 8:05 a.m. on Saturday. ... Our Stations: WWLX · WTNX · WDXE · WKSR.

Trading Post | KTLOwww.ktlo.com › tradingpost
Aug 9, 2016 — If you have something to buy, sell, trade or give away, do it on the Trading Post! Join host Sonny Elliott live weekdays from 11 a.m. to noon

The Trading Post | AM 1180 Radiochattooga1180.com › category › the-trading-post
Washer and Dryer both $100. Butcher Block kitchen counter tops $40 678-767-7710. North Georgia Equipment. January 19, 2021. by Jimmy Holbrook ...

The Trading Post | My Mo Infowww.mymoinfo.com › the-trading-post
The Trading Post · J-98 “The Boot” 98.5 · KJFF AM 1400.

Tradin' Post | Real Roots Radiorealrootsradio.com › programs › tradin-post
Buy, sell, and trade with thousands of listeners daily. Spread the word and plan to participate! View the daily Tradin' Post listings below. For Questions Email the ...

Trading Post | WSMI AM 1540 | Country FM 106.1wsmiradio.com › tradingpost
WSMI AM 1540 Country FM 106.1 The Stations You Can Count on for Great Country. ... Trading Post airs Monday through Friday at 9:45 AM on WSMI AM 1540.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can order that for you. Be about 2 weeks.

Jan 27, 2021, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Is this a Tennessee thing? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone want my Savage 30-06 with wooden stock

Jan 27, 2021, 8:21 AM

and scope?

Asking price is equivalent to one night with Carlsbad's Applebee's waitress.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So $20?

Jan 27, 2021, 8:22 AM

deal!

Let's meat up

I think she was asking for $200??***

what's one 0 amoung friends?!***

Jan 27, 2021, 8:36 AM

For $200, you'd better let me load that gun from the breach

Jan 27, 2021, 8:37 AM [ in reply to I think she was asking for $200??*** ]

while my buddy loads it from the end of the barrel.

Is it an accu-triger?

What scope is on it?

Sure...No. Varmint scope which is I think 6-20X40***

Jan 27, 2021, 8:39 AM

shooting deer with a 7mag

just lol. I like it cause of that recoil and loud bang. Plus I can gut shot a deer and still keel him on site.

Dudes who hunt with a 7mag just cant shoot. Even if pig hunting its a worthless piece of metal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: shooting deer with a 7mag

Jan 27, 2021, 10:25 AM

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. 7mag is an EXCELLENT hunting round for everything. And so is the 7mm08.

Reloading makes them both even better. :)

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic