Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw my first new Bronco in the wild today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Saw my first new Bronco in the wild today.

Jan 21, 2021, 12:09 PM

I think they really did a great job with it. I mean, if they were going for the overgrown Kia Soul/Scion xB look.

Was this the joke and nobody told me? Maybe I was mistaken and it was really designed to appeal to single women in their 30's who have replaced human relationships with animals?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think some trim level makes it

Jan 21, 2021, 12:12 PM

more like a real Bronco. That being said, too many women who do nothing outside were way too excited when these were released.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I figured trim would make somewhat of a difference, but

Jan 21, 2021, 12:22 PM

IMO I don't see how they get an actual off road vehicle out of what I saw. This is the description of the Bronco Sport on their website:

Meet the latest in the family. The all-new Bronco Sport is your wilderness guide with four unique series engineered to match the way you experience the outdoors. Each, expertly equipped to get you out there — To the mountain ranges, the woodland trails, and the scenic shores. Your adventure begins in a Bronco Sport, and it never ends.

The Bronco I saw had the ground clearance of my wife's Mazda. It looked like a gravel road would give it a run for its money. I feel lied to and cheated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This would be a fun discussion with people who know about

Jan 21, 2021, 12:18 PM

auto design. It seems to me that as long as they insist on the narrow side windows (tall side door panels) they are stuck with what all the suv's look like. They can claim its retro, and we can like it or not, but they are stuck with that look. Is that for safety (side air bags), and if so is that the only way to do it? I don't know. They could make a new one that looks like the original, and I think there is a market for that. They said they did, and didn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure I gave a long reply to you on this topic

Jan 21, 2021, 12:24 PM

like 3 weeks ago. Did you not see it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You did indeed. I was thinking of it when I replied here.

Jan 21, 2021, 12:30 PM

Rather than repeating what you said, I just referred to the issues. Might be worth restating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cliff's notes:

Jan 21, 2021, 12:48 PM

Euro pedestrian impact standards = high hoods with crush space between the hood and the top of the engine, and rounded front ends to blunt the impact from hitting walkers. Unless it's only sold in the US, you're not going to have a Jeep Cherokee type vehicle again with a blocky front end and lower hoodline.

Side Impact and Offset front impact standards means the door is a major part of the crash structure now and steel is stronger than glass, so the beltlines are higher and window surface area is smaller.

Rollover requirements mean that the days of nice thin A thru D pillars with big greenhouses and great sightlines are over. In some modern cars the A pillar is wide enough to block out a Camry if you aren't careful. It's a big reason they're having to idiot proof cars now with 360 cameras and gadgets that beep at you and steer the car if someone is in your blind spot.

Fuel economy requirements mean that all cars need as low a coefficient of drag as possible and much like plane wings, there are some shapes that just lend themselves better to the wind tunnel than others. For SUV's, it's this new Jellybean shape.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like the only real solution to bring back decent

Jan 21, 2021, 12:51 PM

designs is to offset the bad fuel mileage with no pedestrian impact standards so they're more likely to die when you hit them. Less people=less carbon emissions. I think it's a fair trade.

One would think the lower hoodline would allow pedestrians

Jan 21, 2021, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Cliff's notes: ]

to be scooped up and over the oncoming car and land safely on their feet, much in the same way a cow catcher works.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a great quick article.....

Jan 21, 2021, 12:58 PM [ in reply to You did indeed. I was thinking of it when I replied here. ]

the pedestrian issues cause a real ripple effect.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15118822/taking-the-hit-how-pedestrian-protection-regs-make-cars-fatter-feature/

Sport is a joke

Jan 21, 2021, 12:22 PM

Full size is meh at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh at best?

Jan 21, 2021, 12:56 PM

lockers front + rear.
35" tires from the factory.
Hard doors you can store on board.
Tons of tech.

Ford hit a HR on bringing the name back. Not much to gripe about.

Can't wait to the 'Raptor' version.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz. I'd take one 10/10 over your Gladiator,

Jan 21, 2021, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Sport is a joke ]

and I say that really liking your Gladiator.

You saw the Bronco Sport....

Jan 21, 2021, 12:54 PM

Completely different than the Bronco.

The Sport is a unibody SUV to go after soccer moms.

The Bronco wont be out for months. It's legit.

Sport on the left, Bronco on the right.

The Sport in that rendering looks 10x meaner than the one

Jan 21, 2021, 1:04 PM

I saw. It looked like the type of car a person who drives 55mph in the left lane and never washes their vehicle would appeal to.

What new vehicle, especially remakes, has ANYBODY HERE been

Jan 21, 2021, 1:03 PM

excited about? I am not big into vehicles like some of you guys, but it seems like all new vehicles get crapped on here.

Everything cannot be as awesome as the Pontiac Aztec, guys.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anything with a 392 Hemi. Wrangler, TRX, Hellcat, etc.

Jan 21, 2021, 1:08 PM

I like Raptors too. I can't decide if I hate the new Chevrolet truck front ends or not.

don't you read good? Bronco.

Jan 21, 2021, 1:12 PM [ in reply to What new vehicle, especially remakes, has ANYBODY HERE been ]

Additionally:

"That Audi was made for soccer mom's who drink

Jan 21, 2021, 1:17 PM

Starbuck's on their way back home from the dropoff line to let the poolboy ream them out while their husbands are overseas making all the money"

-The Jounge

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish you had told me that you were just looking

Jan 21, 2021, 1:41 PM

To engage in general faggotry in your initial post.

I referenced a f*cking Pontiac Aztec in my poast. How

Jan 21, 2021, 2:08 PM

more transparent do I need to be?

Well, like has been pointed out.....

Jan 21, 2021, 2:10 PM

you have a Pilot....it was hard to tell so I took the high road.

EAD. Shooting brakes FTW. Also, DIAF.***

Jan 21, 2021, 1:41 PM [ in reply to "That Audi was made for soccer mom's who drink ]

"That electric truck was made for women who aren't quite

Jan 21, 2021, 1:18 PM [ in reply to don't you read good? Bronco. ]

sure if they would rather save the planet or just eat beaver 24/7"

-The Jounge

Tank Turn

Jan 21, 2021, 1:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzwM8KE2L3I

"Gross. That Porsche was made for Eurotrash who cannot

Jan 21, 2021, 1:19 PM [ in reply to don't you read good? Bronco. ]

decide weather the dubstep music is good or their pants are so tight it is cutting the circulation off to their brains which is making them THINK that music is good."

-The Jounge

Greenr, kindly GTFO

Jan 21, 2021, 1:22 PM

with dubstep hate

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respectfully, you are WAY too old to be into dubstep.***

Jan 21, 2021, 1:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

MauldinT be like

Jan 21, 2021, 1:50 PM

#### right

Jan 21, 2021, 1:57 PM

except I don't even know what dubstep is

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having an eye for vehicle design is probably something a

Jan 21, 2021, 1:31 PM [ in reply to "Gross. That Porsche was made for Eurotrash who cannot ]

Honda Pilot owner will never really be able to understand.

Those jimmies rustled?

Jan 21, 2021, 1:39 PM

Lol at making fun of me for owning a Pilot. You forgot I had a hand-me-down 2007 Ford F150. I would love a nice vehicle but it just isn't a priority for me. You do you though with dreaming of cars that go 180 mph on roads where you can't safely do 100 much.

Not at all, just throwing that out there

Jan 21, 2021, 1:48 PM

It's kind of like a guy in a 60hp pontoon showing up to a Poker Run rambling about people not needing all those motors on their boat. I'm not sure what other kind reaction you'd expect.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic