Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Updated ACC Standings/Thoughts.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,442

Updated ACC Standings/Thoughts.....

Oct 26, 2020, 2:44 PM

1. Clemson 5-0 (6-0).....BC this week, setting up massive showdown with Notre Dame.

2. Notre Dame 4-0 (5-0)...at GT this week. Their defense looks good. Should be a good one on Nov. 7.

3. Miami 4-1 (5-1)....Canes get a BYE before a Friday road game at NCSU, followed by at VT.

4. UNC 4-1 (4-1)....Holes have not looked as good on the road, at UVA this Saturday.

5. N.C State 4-2 (4-2)...After a BYE, they have Miami at home, then close with FSU, Liberty, Cuse & GT.

6. Va. Tech 3-2 (3-2)...following the loss at Wake with a trip to Louisville. Middling sort of team.

7. Boston College 3-2 (4-2)...visits Clemson this week. Improved over all, but will be in trouble Sat.

8. Wake Forest 2-2 (3-2)...Travels to Cuse...could come out 4-2....that win looks better every week.

9. Ga. Tech 2-3 (2-4)...Wheels seem to be coming off now with Notre Dame coming to town.

10. Pittsburgh 2-4 (3-4)...Lost a couple of very close ones, then got destroyed. BYE is needed.

11. Virginia 1-4 (1-4)...Lots of injuries, etc. here. UNC at home this week.

12. Louisville 1-4 (2-4)...VT at home this week. They seem to be playing better lately.

13. FSU 1-4 (2-4)...Glad they beat UNC. But what a disaster against Louisville. BYE this week.

14. Syracuse 1-4 (1-5)...Wake this week. Going to be a long season for the Orange.

15. Duke 1-5 (1-5)...Charlotte this week, followed by UNC. Pulling for you, Chase!

Interesting Note:

Since there are no divisions, there are way more cross division games this year.
For instance BC is 3-2 against the Coastal...they have not played any of their own division yet.
The Atlantic is 13-12 against the Coastal so far. In a typical year their are only 14 cross division games....but there have already been 25 this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is ND considered Atlantic or Coastal?***

Oct 26, 2020, 3:49 PM

No divisions this season.***

Oct 26, 2020, 3:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He's axing if/where Notre Dame is included in tiger B's

Oct 26, 2020, 3:56 PM

"Interesting Note" which shows Atlantic vs Coastal records.

Moran.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Then, why did you give me a TU, moran?***

Oct 26, 2020, 4:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mostly out of pity***

Oct 26, 2020, 4:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

OK, then. Thanks!***

Oct 26, 2020, 4:29 PM

I left them out of that particular equation....

Oct 26, 2020, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Is ND considered Atlantic or Coastal?*** ]

Since they seem to crave that sort of independence.

But so far they are 2-0 against each division.

Great Lakes Division***

Oct 26, 2020, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Is ND considered Atlantic or Coastal?*** ]

Re: Updated ACC Standings/Thoughts.....

Oct 26, 2020, 3:59 PM

Interesting. I think it is kinda reinforcing the idea that in the Atlantic, you are either very strong or completely lousy and rebuilding meanwhile all the coastal is the three stooges all trying to cram into the .500 door.

Oct 26, 2020, 4:18 PM

I was surprised, considering that the Coastal on paper seems to be more balanced.
I think teams like Wake, BC & NC State have improved a bit in the Atlantic from last year, where maybe Miami & perhaps UNC are the Coastal teams that I would say have improved...and they are ahead of those teams.
GT & Pitt are not really going anywhere....kind of stagnant.
VT is an enigma. They have a couple of good looking wins at home, but the loss at Wake kind of hurts.
UVA has stepped back slightly, as has Louisville, but those teams will win a few before the season is out....probably better than their current record.
Duke has kind of crashed....similarly FSU & Cuse.

Oct 26, 2020, 4:10 PM

Who's standing are those? I would have BC @ # 5 not NC state but it could be about any of them. I found out it was ESPN's standings.

NCSU is 4-2 in conference, BC is 3-2....

Oct 26, 2020, 4:20 PM

VT is also 3-2 and beat BC....so that is why.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,442
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic