Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU fans, being fans, are blasting Dabo's comments.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FSU fans, being fans, are blasting Dabo's comments.

Nov 23, 2020, 7:48 AM

Like most fans, they are defedning their school and taking comments out of context.

I just posted this on my FSU message board. (They may run me off. I may become a Clemson fan after all. :????????

I listened to the entire presser by Dabo.

First, he said it was his opinion that Clemson should not have to return to FSU this year. But he also said that was the AD's call not his.

He's ticked and I don't blame him.

I won't go into all the details. And, I know fans will be fans. If the situation were reversed and Clemson pulled out of the game with us, assuming we were 4th in the nation and they were struggling, over one positive test we'd be just as ticked as he is.

He emphatically made the point that it was the ACC that set up the protocols, not Clemson. He pointed out that the ACC expanded the travel squad from 72 to 80 for the exact purpose of dealing with a Friday positive test that was not known until after the team had travelled. He pointed out all the precautions the team makes when travelling.

"You either trust the tests or you don't. Are we supposed to tell a kid if he has a runny nose on Monday and Tuesday and he tests negative on Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday that because he had a runny nose early in the week he can't play?" (Dabo said the player had no symptoms on Thursday or Friday. He was tested every day since he had symptoms. He was also socially distanced on the plane, sitting in the back of the plane by himself, rooming by himself on Friday night, etc.)

He placed the blame squarely on the FSU administration, not the coaches or the players. "I have no doubt that this has anything to do with the players or the coaches. I'm sure they all wanted to play the game."

He made this point: "When setting up the protocols, no one ever said, 'One positive test on Friday will cancel the game'. If you want to cancel a game due to one positive test, then the season would have never been played."

Lot's more stuff he said. But, I'll tell you, he's ticked and I don't blame him. The FSU administration decided that they would be politically correct and show all the snowflakes out there how compassionate and caring they are. They took a page right out of the Biden/Harris playbook and made their decision. (Note: This is an FSU board compromised of people who also have conservative political views. We discuss politics on this board as much as we discuss football.)

Dabo is defending his team, his staff and his school. FSU fans - who are well known for blasting our administration - should understand and direct their anger where it belongs - directly at the administration of FSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU fans, being fans, are blasting Dabo's comments.

Nov 23, 2020, 8:01 AM

Your objectivity is refreshing. I agree with what you say. Also, if they make it up in December, either it's in Death Valley or FSPU (sorry, hard to resist) should foot the bill for Clemson's travel expenses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty simple...

Nov 23, 2020, 8:25 AM

FSU either:

1 - Forfeits the game

2 - Agrees to play the game in Clemson, or

3 - Pays 100% of Clemson's expenses to travel back to Tallahassee for the make-up game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It's pretty simple...

Nov 23, 2020, 8:57 AM

I agree. I posted that on either Saturday or yesterday. The only difference is I didn't use the word forfeit. Not sure what good calling it a forfeit instead of a cancellation it would do other than making some folks happy and others even more angry. In terms of this season and Clemson's chances to go to ACC championship and playoffs it wouldn't make any difference.

Because...

Nov 23, 2020, 9:03 AM

in a forfeit scenario, Clemson would be credited with the win. In a cancellation scenario, it goes down in the books as a "no contest".

The difference can have implications on conference standings and which teams play for the ACC Championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And because FSU is a complete and total

Nov 23, 2020, 9:05 AM

shitbox of a school and football program and should be slapped with a loss for this stunt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Eff that noise, if Swoffie had any ballz (he doesn't), it

Nov 23, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to It's pretty simple... ]

would be a forfeit, FSU would pay Clemson a travel reimbursement and FSU would pay the ACC for any lost revenues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

In the immortal words of Jeff Spicoli...

Nov 23, 2020, 8:22 AM

"Ha ha...those guys are f@gs!!!!"

it's not an fsu thing or a clemson thing, it's about........

Nov 23, 2020, 8:47 AM

what's right. You don't have a team travel and then you cancel two hours before the game. I've never understood why people can't put their allegiences down and make common sense decisions.

I keep thinking that if this had been Coach Bowden and the

Nov 23, 2020, 8:48 AM

FSU administration of the 90's, FSU would have played this game without a second thought. Especially when both member institutions were/are meeting the ACC mandated requirements for competition.

I imagine the Twitter blasts and all the noise over this whole thing will die down by next weekend. However, the precedent that was set by the ACC in not giving FSU one of two options (play the game or forfeit) may eventually come back to haunt the league.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I keep thinking that if this had been Coach Bowden and the

Nov 23, 2020, 8:59 AM

That or say FSU was 1 game back of Clemson in the ACC standings and a win over Clemson would earn them a spot in the ACC Championship game, and possibly open the door for them to make the CFP. I find it hard to believe the result would be the same.

Nov 23, 2020, 8:54 AM

I'd at least like to hear the reason FSU has for not testing everyone again and considering playing the game Saturday night, Sunday, or Monday if the tests came back clean. I'm not sure if there could be a good reason for this, but I'd still like to hear what their reason is.

According to Dabo...

Nov 23, 2020, 9:00 AM

Clemson totally completely and entirely followed 100% of the COVID protocols dictated by the ACC, then went above and beyond those established protocols in a attempt to play this game.

It is abundantly clear the FSU administration was far more interested in finding an excuse not to play.

Nov 23, 2020, 9:01 AM

So where is ACC leadership in all this? Seems like someone at the ACC would hear FSU's argument, and if it has merit, agree and postpone the game. If not, FSU should have been told they are free to forfeit the game but it won't be reschedule (and will be a Clemson win). Does anyone know....did the ACC go along with FSU? If so, seems Dabo's problem would be with the ACC.

Nov 23, 2020, 9:21 AM

Leadership? From the ACC?

These are the same people who thought it was a great idea to save Notre Dames season and allow them to sort-of, kind-of, but not really be members this year.

Nov 23, 2020, 9:13 AM

Extremely difficult to give this too many thumbs up. Great quotes and summary. Dabo functions in a results-based world and doesn’t have time for excuses. He searingly cited all relevant protocols and precautions Clemson took with the player. Those seeking to paint a narrative of him will conveniently leave out many of these facts.

Nov 23, 2020, 10:09 AM

I was waiting for Dabo to say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic