Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have purposely not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 608

I have purposely not

Sep 9, 2020, 12:19 PM

Allowed myself to get overly excited about this BLM movement because agendas like this happen all to often and few are ever resolved to the everyone’s satisfaction BUT, now this one has found its way to the front page of sports, and Clemson in particular. I don’t understand why those few people who truly understand what is going on in this movement don’t speak out to those who really care. There is a news reporter who works for The Fox Network, I think, who has been vocal about BLM and it’s supporters but I doubt if guys like our own guys have heard his opinions. I read an article recently by Rob Smith who apparently gets it. I think we all are aware of the fact that this entire MESS has not been reporter correctly. If you haven’t read Smiths article you can find it on google I’m sure. TL certainly needs to read it, as do many of his team mates.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have purposely not

Sep 9, 2020, 12:25 PM

Rob Smith = Media Shill. no one should ever waste time with his writings. TL doesn't need to read that crap. He seems to be dg fine talking with his team and doing what his heart and prayers tell him to do.

Sep 9, 2020, 12:31 PM

You’re right. Him describing the BLM blacks who are currently rioting in the streets CRIMINALS really isn’t truthful. And coming from a black guy, would mean very little. Excuse my ignorance!

You post is cryptic...

Sep 9, 2020, 12:30 PM

You seem to have a problem with a "movement," but don't actually articulate what the problem is.

Everything I've read about Lawrence's statements and actions seems very positive; not sure why anyone would have a problem with them.

Re: You post is cryptic...

Sep 9, 2020, 12:33 PM

I assure you that I don’t have a problem with them. I do however wonder how many really understand this movement and its followers.

Has Lawrence appeared alongside

Sep 9, 2020, 12:39 PM

or voiced support for someone you think is inappropriate? You are being very vague.

Re: Has Lawrence appeared alongside

Sep 9, 2020, 12:50 PM

IF you have read this article you quickly saw that this Black journalist is recognizing the fact that this movement actually harms the black race And is not really a movement started by them. As the team leader, which I think Trevor is, that would be a good think to know and discuss with his team BEFORE they agree to have uniforms containing the BLM logo. Just my thoughts but I respect yours as well.

Did I miss a link?

Sep 9, 2020, 12:54 PM

What article?

Here’s the article he referenced:

Sep 9, 2020, 1:01 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/black-lives-matter-protests-rob-smith

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This appears to be an opinion piece

Sep 9, 2020, 1:06 PM

that has nothing to do with Trevor Lawrence, that I can tell.

It actually does say "Opinion" at the top.

Re: This appears to be an opinion piece

Sep 9, 2020, 1:22 PM

It IS an opinion piece. It IS the opinion of a BLACK journalist.

I apologize for starting this thread. I often forget how ignorant I am and probably don’t belong on this “bored”,

Why does it matter what the journalists' skin color is?***

Sep 9, 2020, 1:27 PM

I hope you don't leave the thread...

Sep 9, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: This appears to be an opinion piece ]

I don't see where anyone has said anything negative about you. We're having a discussion.

Article panders to White Boomers seeking rationalizations

Sep 9, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Here’s the article he referenced: ]

for prejudice thought. Superficial at best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon.'

Sep 9, 2020, 12:46 PM

"ACAB - All Cops Are Bast##ds."

'What do we want, dead cops. When do we want it, NOW!'

Yeah, I'm all in, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon.'

Sep 9, 2020, 12:51 PM

I see. You didn’t read it either.

I think the rub is what % of those in the BLM movement

Sep 9, 2020, 1:07 PM

are actually looters and rioters and what % are like traditional non-violent civil rights protesters?

I would think the violent rioters and looters are a small % who harm the objectives of the overall group.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even view it as a "movement"

Sep 9, 2020, 1:09 PM

I just view it as a statement, and a statement with which I fully agree. How each individual chooses to express that agreement with the statement is their own choice, and I obviously don't always agree with those expressions.

The BLM movement is a large community with a broad ...

Sep 9, 2020, 1:09 PM

spectrum of thought and tactics. It’s not homogeneous or consistent. Seems many on the Right want to assign the most extreme attributes which includes criminal activity to the entire BLM movement. That’s inaccurate. Would it be appropriate to a say every person the Right promotes white supremacy or QAnon conspiracies? Likewise inaccurate.

Broad categorizations are often inaccurate _ and when paired with insufficient information and judgment can lead to prejudices. It is entirely possible, even likely, that most who support the BLM movement and most on the Right act honorably with good intentions and within the law.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:15 PM

“Alicia Garza, one of three co-founders of the Black Lives Matter national organization, has repeatedly talked about how convicted cop killer and wanted domestic terrorist Joanne Chesimard, also known as Assata Shakur, is one of her main inspirations. Susan Rosenberg, a member of the board of directors for the left-wing Thousand Currents group, which handles the intake of donations made to Black Lives Matter, is a convicted terrorist who, among other things, was suspected of helping Shakur escape from prison.”

[…]

Garza wrote an article for the Feminist Wire in 2014 explaining that “when I use Assata’s powerful demand in my organizing work, I always begin by sharing where it comes from, sharing about Assata’s significance to the Black Liberation Movement, what it’s political purpose and message is, and why it’s important in our context.” Garza has repeatedly tweeted approvingly about Shakur.”

On May 2, 1973, domestic terrorist Joanne Chesimard murdered New Jersey State Trooper Werner Foerster before fleeing to Cuba. She’s still hiding down there; the FBI put a $2 million bounty on her.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:19 PM

I forgot Susan Rosenberg was pardon on Bill Clinton's last day in office and was released from prison.

Ok, so it seems like what you're saying is

Sep 9, 2020, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I have purposely not ]

if someone says "black lives matter" then they endorse and approve of an organization with a co-founder who likes a guy who killed a cop 50 years ago?

I sure hope no one bad starts an organization called

Sep 9, 2020, 1:59 PM

"Whatever you want, honey."

Re: I sure hope no one bad starts an organization called

Sep 9, 2020, 4:26 PM

????????

I guess it's not a good joke if you have to explain it.

Sep 9, 2020, 4:29 PM

"Whatever you want, honey" is something I say very commonly. So if someone bad or mean were to start an organization using those words, I might have to stop saying them, or something.

Re: I guess it's not a good joke if you have to explain it.

Sep 9, 2020, 9:12 PM

So you say this to your wife very regularly?

Replies: 25
| visibility 608
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic