Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have complete confidence in Tony and Dabo.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 960

I have complete confidence in Tony and Dabo.

Dec 29, 2020, 5:29 PM

The only way Ohio State can win this game is if Clemson turns the ball over 4 or 5 times.

Just looked at the defensive stats for Ohio State. Their pass defense stinks. They played a weak schedule. The best QB they faced (according to NCAA passing efficiency stats) was Sean Clifford from Penn State, who ranked 50th. They have, statistically, a solid run defense.

Somebody said, "They are built to stop the run." With Travis and the other runners, they can't drop 7 and rush 4 all night. They will have to do what they do best - stop the run.

I see a steady diet of:

1. Play action pass.
2. RPO
3. Zone read

Linebackers have to respect the run. I only watched Ohio State play twice. And, it was allegedly their two toughest games - Indiana and Northwestern. I was extremely unimpressed with their defense in both games. (I was not overly impressed with their offense either.)

But, when you rank 104th in pass defense playing the competition they have played against (giving up 261 yards per game) how does anyone expect them to hold Clemson to under 400 yards.

Tony and Dabo are a lot smarter than I am. And, even though they only have six games to break down, I see nothing that tells me this won't be a beat down of epic proportions. The only hope for Ohio State is a rainstorm with 30 mph wind (hard to get playing in a dome) or somehow Clemson turning the ball over 5 times.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have complete confidence in Tony and Dabo.

Dec 29, 2020, 6:34 PM

Tony's problem is that he's fallen in love with 2nd and 8.

I know he wants to run the ball and dominate the line of scrimmage but sometimes you need to take what they give you and throw on first down.

That and we need to remove the Baghdad screen (Getting blown up since 2002) from the playbook or at least modify it as it is too predictable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have complete confidence in Tony and Dabo.

Dec 29, 2020, 6:34 PM

A Massacree I tell ya! They gonna wish they were back in the land of discontent by the fourth quarter.

I think their defense gets exposed by the withering Clemson offensive jawggernawt.

Message was edited by: FishinCrazy®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 960
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic