Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I happen to agree with Trump for once
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I happen to agree with Trump for once

Dec 26, 2020, 9:10 PM

(At least partly)

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4049687001

I say shut it down. Shut the government down.

End the pork(although it's a separate bill) and help Americans.

Personally, I feel like we should help NO other nation until OUR people are taken care of. Jmho.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I happen to agree with Trump for once

Dec 26, 2020, 9:13 PM

Put Republicans on the spot. Make them vote in favor of the $2000 or watch them give control of the senate to the dems.

Also, I've noticed that Trump must not have as much control over Republicans like the media and many here claim since they've failed to go along with the $2000 to date.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 9:14 PM

I agree. Why could our congress just pass a bill to help American and not all the other special interest groups. I guess people need to make money on the extra stuff in the bill that was passed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 11:42 AM

The understanding of foreign policy on this board reaches an eighth grade level. Unfortunately, so does much of America's - including our current President.

Dec 27, 2020, 11:54 AM

And some of us understand it just fine and still believe Americans come first.

Of course, some on this board are ok with Americans going homeless or hungry in the guise of foreign policy.

Dec 27, 2020, 8:27 PM

How much of the federal budget is devoted to foreign aid?

Less than 1%. Opinion polls consistently report that Americans believe foreign aid comprises around 25% of the federal budget. When asked how much it should be, they say about 10%. In fact, at $39.2 billion for fiscal year 2019, foreign aid is less than 1% of the federal budget

Here is a good article about what every American should know about foreign aid. i am willing to bet that most here do NOT know some of these important facts.

https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/votervital/what-every-american-should-know-about-us-foreign-aid/

Seems like a lot of folks mistake foreign "aid" for what

Dec 27, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I happen to agree with Trump for once ]

underlies it all - our national defense and security at work abroad in order to better control and quell potential threats. This is why these funds primarily run through the State Department. Gender programs in Pakistan? Ideal cover for infiltration in various parts of a barely stable nuclear armed country bordering a national ally (India) and threat (Afghanistan and Taliban).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like a lot of folks mistake foreign "aid" for what

Dec 27, 2020, 2:17 PM

Are you telling us our government is actually that smart?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic