Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Always thought Anderson Cooper was boring just not as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 51

Always thought Anderson Cooper was boring just not as

Aug 13, 2020, 10:02 PM

boring Wolf Blitzer, but he nails it here:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/trump-news-conference-birtherism-kamala-harris-biden-attacks-fact-check/index.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol CNN fact check

Aug 13, 2020, 10:10 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thread-jack?***

Aug 13, 2020, 10:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's your thread about?

Aug 13, 2020, 10:31 PM

Take a look at CNN's "First Facts" page...

Aug 13, 2020, 10:33 PM

this is their page where they point out lies and truths...

Doesn't seem biased at all.

https://www.cnn.com/specials/politics/fact-check-politics

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome

Aug 13, 2020, 10:40 PM

not fair...

Aug 13, 2020, 10:43 PM

I was able to scroll a bit and find one tepid support of Trump against Biden's BS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not fair...

Aug 14, 2020, 3:11 PM

Joe isn't talking, dude. He's hiding in his bunker. Kind of hard to fail a fact check when literally his entire campaign strategy is to hide out until election day while letting Trump continue to punch himself in the d!ck.

If he was on the campaign trail, I have no doubts Joe would be gaffing and gaffing hard, and talking himself into massive trouble as has always been his usual wont. But COVID has been a godsend to him because it gives him a valid reason to hide from the press...while Trump is a compulsive attention hound who desperately requires all cameras be on him even if he needs the attention or not...and right now he assuredly does not. Stuff is not good out here in the US of A (and the world!) right now, and all Trump continues to do is make it plain he's the man in charge while the dumpster continues to blaze ever-so-brightly in the background right behind him for all to see.

You can blame CNN, but Trump is the one doing this to Trump. When are you going to stop blaming CNN for putting in all these free layups he's gifting them = literally on an hourly-or-less basis! - and maybe start pointing the finger at the inept clown who simply does not have the chops for this?

oh wait!!!!

Aug 13, 2020, 10:48 PM [ in reply to That's awesome ]

when it says "elected officials or candidates" wouldn't that include people who aren't running for POTUS?

Out of the 30 some odd articles on that page, at least 25 of them have "Trump or "White House" in the headline.

To be fair

Aug 13, 2020, 10:52 PM

lol somebody on a TD spree

Aug 14, 2020, 12:17 AM

it was kind of a threadjack...

Aug 13, 2020, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Thread-jack?*** ]

but having "CNN" and "Fact Check" so close together is distracting.

Watch it. Tell me what you think***

Aug 13, 2020, 10:46 PM

I did it for you, Joe...

Aug 13, 2020, 10:57 PM

because I like you.

I think Anderson is 100% correct in ALL of what he is saying and I would go as far to say, "he nailed it."

As I said in a thread below, this is another crappy Trump move. Furthermore, as a conservative, I am personally insulted that Trump would think that I am stupid enough that his handling of this birther issue would appeal to me.

Re: I did it for you, Joe...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:06 PM

I am too...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:17 PM

I don't think everything should be about racism. It diminishes true racism.

I do think Trump's response to Kamala's birther rumor is pretty crappy. He should just shut it down instead of all the "yeah, I just heard that" and talking about "what a serious charge it is.

Further, and what makes it worse - I don't think he believes it's true. He's not that dumb, BUT he thinks his base is that dumb. I find that insulting.

Re: I am too...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:40 PM

I did not read it...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:47 PM

but I will because I like you. ;)

Before I do, it seems I've heard similar arguments before. My understanding is that simply being born in the U.S. makes you a citizen.

I'm with you. I don't care one way or the other. Trump shouldn't either. It would be a more dignified position. He has now given CNN and fodder for at least the next week. Although, in some sick way that maybe is above me, I think he thrives in that position. It looks dumb and small to me, but it may be strategic.

It's strategic in that it's what his base wants***

Aug 13, 2020, 11:50 PM

I don't know if I'm his base...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:53 PM

but I know a lot if Trump voters who don't go for that BS.

I know a ton that do and I have to converse with them

Aug 13, 2020, 11:54 PM

during thanksgiving. ;)

maybe your family is just trying...

Aug 14, 2020, 12:00 AM

to #### you off. ;)

I wish that were the case.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:08 AM

I could, on some level, respect that. Sadly, I think they have bought into the narrative and beliefs of whatever Trump has turned the Republican party into.

I do know people like that....

Aug 14, 2020, 12:28 AM

and I'm not arguing, just making another point.

I hear that "what the republican party has become" by a lot of left-leaning people. I'm wondering when the republican party was acceptable to them. Dubya? Herbert Walker? Reagan? Ford? Nixon? and that about covers my lifespan.

I will agree that it is different now. I believe MAGA is the evolution of the Tea Party filled with people who were tired of do-nothing, spineless Republican leaders. Trump keyed on that. The one thing I admire about Trump is he won't back down. I wish we had somebody who had that intestinal fortitude that wasn't a jerk.

I rarely listen to Rush anymore, but when I catch him, I swear Trump is consulting him on how to run the country. I am not even kidding.

I voted for Rubio. He might be too nice.

Re: I do know people like that....

Aug 14, 2020, 12:48 AM

I'd replace "acceptable" with "respected"***

Aug 14, 2020, 12:51 AM [ in reply to I do know people like that.... ]

Did his base make the reporter ask the question?

Aug 14, 2020, 12:00 AM [ in reply to It's strategic in that it's what his base wants*** ]

it was obvious a bait...

Aug 14, 2020, 12:04 AM

but as I said above, someone on Trump's campaign open the door.

I would not be surprised if the Biden campaign coordinated with the MSM for this to happen right after KH was named. They know Trump can't resist this stuff. Campaign staffers are high-fiving and Biden is wanderingg around trying to figure out what's going on...."what? wat?"

Re: it was obvious a bait...

Aug 14, 2020, 12:25 AM

good lawd...

Aug 14, 2020, 12:43 AM

they have people watching everything going on...so yes, you are correct.

Thank you for pointing that out.

ok, I read it...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:59 PM [ in reply to I did not read it... ]

First, you are correct about the article.

Second, that whole citizenship debate is stuff for legal eggheads. It has little bearing.

Third, if you watch the Cooper video, the problem isn't the article, the problem (0:38) is that the Trump campaign senior legal advisor tweeted the link to it today. He didn't do it simply for information sake....then Trump played right along with it. To me, that makes it very similar to what was done too Obama.

But, I still don't think it's racist. I just think it's stupid. And anybody who pushes such crap damages their credibility.

Re: ok, I read it...

Aug 14, 2020, 12:31 AM

I'm also not on board with the "racist" aspect but more on the "stupid" end of it. The birther thing blew up in the face of everyone who used it against Obama. Trump incorrectly thinks it helped him win voters and the White House in 2016.

Sun Tzu would be disappointed in Trump and his side. One of his best rules is to always hold the high ground. They could attack Harris on so much regarding policy and past actions, but instead they're going for conspiracies and making fun of her name.

That works for the idiots, but they already had the idiots in the bag. It doesn't work well on the voters they need the most.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

well said***

Aug 14, 2020, 12:44 AM

Is it racist to try and make the birther claim to the

Aug 14, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: ok, I read it... ]

part of the electorate who he feels are racist?

Probably not. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt here. Will it help or hurt him? Probably a wash.

Re: Is it racist to try and make the birther claim to the

Aug 14, 2020, 10:06 AM

I dunno. Tough to determine intent. And if that was his goal, well, it's pointless, because he already has those clowns in the bag.

It won't help him. Questionable if it hurts him. I feel like people have already made up their minds, and I don't think Harris swayed any already pre-determined direction of this election.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

CNN Fact Check: Trump had sex with a goat.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:43 PM [ in reply to lol CNN fact check ]

Probable. Has to happen eventually, and the FBI says it happened.

"Unproven"***

Aug 13, 2020, 10:44 PM

Nadler's on it.***

Aug 13, 2020, 10:46 PM

Putin's got the vid.....***

Aug 14, 2020, 6:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CNN confirmed that Tom Hanks is not a pedophile

Aug 14, 2020, 2:46 AM [ in reply to lol CNN fact check ]

and didn't become a Greek citizen because pedophilia is a disability there and not criminal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Always thought Anderson Cooper was boring just not as

Aug 13, 2020, 11:08 PM

Imagine caring what Anderson Cooper thinks. If you are a straight male you may want to reavaluate

Aww smoke, you know you think he’s attractive with his

Aug 13, 2020, 11:18 PM

new glasses. Bet you’d love to wear that a s s like a hat.

I joined in on the CNN/Fact Check fun, because

Aug 13, 2020, 11:18 PM

CNN/Fact Check.

But I know that wasn't your point. Trump says stupid stuff. I would say its embarrassing, but only in a general sense because if you're looking for a Trump apologist, I'm not your guy. So, yeah, I agree with Cooper on this.

But I might counter with this: I figure CNN and others think through what they are doing and why - or maybe they are just triggered by hate, I don't know - but if they are trying to influence voters, pointing out the fact that Trump says stupid stuff isn't the way to do it. If this turns into "who says the most stupid stuff", it will be no better than a draw for the Democrats. Like the Kamala's-family-owned-slaves thing (if true), people will say, "Hmm, not good", then forget about it. If I thought having Harris in office was good for the country, her being a hypocrite wouldn't make me vote the other way. Knowing Trump says stupid things won't do it either. IMO.

One could also say that banging the "Trump said X" drum shows lack of confidence in one's candidate, but heck, Trump does the same thing at least as bad. What is a President of these New Knighted States doing talking down to a VP candidate? Weird.

and the point is...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:23 PM

what a sad state we are in, because CNN has destroyed all credibility to half the country.

You would have to tie me in a chair a al Malcolm McDowell in Clockwork Orange to make me watch CNN.

Freedom of the press is a great thing, but like with every freedom, it comes with a responsibility.

We need integrity in our press again. Journalists who actually do research and verify what they report instead of rushing to get a scoop or push their agenda.

It certainly makes discussions very difficult. So many

Aug 13, 2020, 11:44 PM

of them, like this thread, start with what someone saw or read on an outlet that is not actually biased, but is a full bore political operative. CNN is the agent of one man's personal hatred of President Trump, and probably of all things right of far left. When it starts there, it is very difficult to talk only about the subject at hand.

In this case, Trump didn't actually accuse anyone of anything. The NYT reported it by saying, "In speaking to reporters, Trump said...". Well, sort of. He was asked a question by a reporter, and Trump basically said he didn't know. In his answer were these words: "I have no idea if that’s right. I would have assumed the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for Vice President." Biased outlets take that, and the words before and after, and turn it into "Trump said this or that."

Oh, and they had to call that "racist". LOL. It's nasty.

However, as you said above, Trump gave a very calculated answer. He knows its not right, and he answered a question by the press by referring to the press, saying, "Golly, gee, you think?", without saying it. As you said, its insulting to think he thinks I'll buy any of it, and its embarrassing that a sitting president would wade into those waters. As I reconsider my answer above, I was trying to communicate that I am very willing to talk straight up about what Trump is and is not, but that it is difficult to do so because nothing that is said about him is actually about that.

I think CNN is trying to influence undecided voters and

Aug 13, 2020, 11:26 PM [ in reply to I joined in on the CNN/Fact Check fun, because ]

will continue to hammer Trump, especially when he sez nutty stuff like this no matter how subtle he tries to make it seem.

Absolutely...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:32 PM

if Trump loses, he will not have anybody to blame but himself. Trump plays right into their hands.

I do however, question whether an entity that calls itself "news" should have an agenda to influence an election. In this instance, Cooper's disgust and editorial is perfectly justified.

I will disagree with you and Franc on this one, but not

Aug 13, 2020, 11:54 PM [ in reply to I think CNN is trying to influence undecided voters and ]

regarding the damage Trump does to himself. On that I agree. He has been handed this election if he'll just act halfway presidential, and the Dem's greatest fear should be that he will do exactly that. If he does, there is little else to run against.

What we disagree on is the effectiveness of the transparent Trump hatred by "news" outlets who have whored themselves out to someone's personal agenda. They say the same things over and over and over and over and over again, to the degree that they mean nothing to anyone except those who share that same hatred. They have the same effect on the voters as Hannity does, but with with a very much smaller audience.

CNN can keep up this type of entertainment broadcasting, if that is what they think people enjoy, but it won't affect the people they want to affect. They're not watching, for that reason.

no, that's a good point...

Aug 14, 2020, 12:17 AM

it is one of the main reasons I plan on voting for Trump again.

I find the way agenda-driven news is reported to be more insulting than Trump. So yes, there agenda is a huge turn off for me.

So if I indicated differently, that was wrong.

I see very few virtuous players here. They pick and choose who they "hold accountable" and who they "prop up."

Unfortunately, I have no virtuous options to choose from. Not only am I against progressive policies, but Biden is a bold-faced liar in his own right.

In a thread below, I indicated if the story about shutting down mail sorters turned out to be as it was being presented, I would not vote for Trump. First, it is single-sourced. Second, my gut tells me there is more to the story. But if it is true, that would be a line crossed that I cannot support.

I am against simply mailing out ballots to all voters as opposed to a system like absentee voting. I also think it increases the possibility for voter fraud. But just because I'm against it, it doesn't mean the POTUS can purposefully impede it's implementation if it is deemed legal.

If we go to mass mail ballots, it won't even be an election.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:32 AM

Might as well vote by email.

agreed...

Aug 14, 2020, 12:50 AM

this is why it needs to be addressed by the courts, not by hindering the mail.

I'm completely ignorant on this.

Is it actually mailing the entire voter roster as opposed to absentee ballots where voters request ballots? I found a fact check that said the were not "objectively different" from absentee ballots, but there was no support for that statement.

If so, who decided to do this? The states?

Are there not set rules for voting?

So, a summary of responses.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:18 AM

-Yeah, but Biden and masks!

-You're gay if you watch Anderson Cooper!

-Sure, CNN was correct, but should a major media outlet really be fact checking any lies spouted by our president about another candidate? I mean, by giving viewers the truth and correcting his lie, aren't they trying to sway an election? Is that really what journalism does?

Pretty on-brand, Joe.

reads like a summary by CNN***

Aug 14, 2020, 12:52 AM

Re: reads like a summary by CNN***

Aug 14, 2020, 12:55 AM

seems like he was sweeping in to get a zinger in...

Aug 14, 2020, 12:59 AM

in an otherwise substantial thread started by Joe.

Did somebody say something about Biden and masks? I missed that one...

Re: seems like he was sweeping in to get a zinger in...

Aug 14, 2020, 1:03 AM

Bruh, really?

Aug 14, 2020, 8:18 AM [ in reply to seems like he was sweeping in to get a zinger in... ]

That was T3's first reply.

Read the three main replies to Joe's OP. They were absurd.

None of my post was referencing your stuff.

it was P & R fun and games...

Aug 14, 2020, 8:37 AM

at the beginning...it's what we do.

I really didn't recall the masks thing, T3T reminded me

Re: it was P & R fun and games...

Aug 14, 2020, 11:48 AM

Bruh...

Aug 14, 2020, 11:55 AM

I don't have to try to make myself appear cute and clever. I AM cute and clever.

But I mean, your response was pretty silly.

Dude! You're still worrying about Thumbs Down!

Here's footage of me handling the down thumbs as they come in on my posts.

https://youtu.be/zYwdzYC3uUc?t=24

Wait. YOU are complaining

Aug 14, 2020, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: it was P & R fun and games... ]

about someone going on a TD spree?

That's rich, man. I don't even know what to say.

old Slac Tiger

T3 deleted his post I was replying to...

Aug 14, 2020, 2:20 PM

So stubborn, I hope you don't mind me doing it here.

T3... you get so mad about someone TDing you, you #### and moan about it here and report it to the mods. That last part is something you've admitted you do.

Yet you admit to TDing people on the regular and claim it's justified?

Man, the logic you concoct in your head...

Re: T3 deleted his post I was replying to...

Aug 14, 2020, 2:32 PM

Re: T3 deleted his post I was replying to...

Aug 14, 2020, 2:47 PM

So, you agree then. You think it's bad for anyone TD you because of the conditions you attribute to that TD, but it's perfectly fine that you dole them out at will. That's your argument?

So you should report people and whine to the mods about someone doing it to you, but you're completely justified to do it?

I know a 4 year old who makes similar arguments.

Again

Aug 14, 2020, 2:51 PM

Re: Again

Aug 14, 2020, 2:55 PM

She might be able to teach you how to get over it when someone vocally disapproves of her actions because she's more of an adult about it than you.

TDs don't matter. Grown men on here who worry about it are cry babies. And anyone who whines and cries to mods about getting TD'ed yet dishes them out regularly is just a hypocrite and lacks some serious self awareness.

I will take your TD and save it for breakfast tomorrow.

I’m feelin like DJ Khaled today

Aug 14, 2020, 3:00 PM

You can’t call him boring! He’s gay

Aug 14, 2020, 10:47 AM

And that makes him off limits to such criticisms

Just watch him on New Year's Eve...

Aug 14, 2020, 11:56 AM

When he does his baby bird, about to puke faces after a shot of tequila.

Replies: 68
| visibility 51
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic