Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IRISH TWO RECEIVERS OUT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

IRISH TWO RECEIVERS OUT

Nov 4, 2020, 7:28 PM

According to Irish Board. One for the season and another aggravated injury and won't return for a couple of weeks, they opined that moving the ball against Clemson will be difficult.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This means our D-Line must hold up at the point of attack.

Nov 4, 2020, 7:44 PM

I think most of us prefer 4-man fronts so this news should mean less need for 5 DBs.

We definitely won't defend ND like we did pass-happy BC. Shutting down their run game is priority #1. My understanding is their O-line is very good.

We will miss Tyler. Need Bryan to ball out again.

Hate it for them but it’s not like Book is a great passer anyway

Nov 4, 2020, 7:53 PM

We must stop the run first.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Stopping/slowing their Run Game is key

Nov 4, 2020, 8:14 PM

We need to defend them the way teams defend us. Make the QB beat you and show he can beat you consistently. Make the OL consistently pass block well. Make the WR's consistently catch it and get open well!
But, do not allow them to run wild!

BB - need a huge/dominant game.
Nyles Pinckney and Jordan Williams i.m.o are just hold the line DT's. Not really those get penetration and make plays in the opponents backfield types! We need them to do what they do "well"!

Venables and Spector need to fill those gaps well! I am encouraged because that is right in both of these guys wheel house. Spector does both well(pass and run) Venables is still learning the pass game - but continues improving in this area.

I think this might be a huge - "monumental" opportunity for Trenton Simpson to make an impact! I look for a big game from young Mr. Simpson!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. Stopping/slowing their Run Game is key

Nov 5, 2020, 8:27 AM

A big game from Simpson would be epic. He is going to be force for us for sure. May as well start Saturday.

Re: Hate it for them but it’s not like Book is a great passer anyway

Nov 5, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Hate it for them but it’s not like Book is a great passer anyway ]

Precisely , stop their great tailback and the rest should fall in line .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: IRISH TWO RECEIVERS OUT

Nov 5, 2020, 7:48 AM

More concerned about their run game and TEs.

Link? I don’t see this anywhere.***

Nov 5, 2020, 8:48 AM

null

Re: Link? I don’t see this anywhere.***

Nov 5, 2020, 1:08 PM

These were guys out for most of season so far. Their primary receivers who have been playing for last few games are not hurt. FWIW, they have a 5 star receiver freshmen who has hasn’t been play much so far so they do have some talent who we might not be familiar with.

Re: Link? I don’t see this anywhere.***

Nov 5, 2020, 2:55 PM

Johnson is the 5* freshman. He's had some difficulty adjusting to college life, particularly applying himself in class. He made enough strides that he was moved up from scout team last week, but he didn't see any game time against GT. I would be surprised if he gets more than a few plays this week.

Kevin Austin is out until next year with a broken foot. Braden Lenzy pulled a hammy against Pitt. He is out for another 2-3 weeks. Both Lenzy and Austin have legit speed and will be missed. Lenzy won the fastest man award at the Open. The TE's are legit. Mayer is a 5* freshman that plays like a senior. He will play in the NFL. Tremble is a great blocker and has some speed to go with good hands. Brock Wright is like having another lineman. He has a few catches but they don't throw to him often.

While the O line is outstanding, this game will probably come down to Book. He has a tendency to leave the pocket early more often than not. If he goes through his progressions he will be very good.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic