Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greg Buckner on Clemson Sports Talk said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 4,144

Greg Buckner on Clemson Sports Talk said

Mar 9, 2017, 7:19 PM

One of his life goals is to win a national title as head coach at Clemson. Really interesting idea if we were to move on from Brownell at some point. Served as an assistant for the Rockets for a few years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greg Buckner on Clemson Sports Talk said

Mar 9, 2017, 7:21 PM

Hmmm... and now he's out of basketball?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got a TV gig after Houston cleared house last year.

Mar 9, 2017, 7:22 PM

Still is interested in coaching.

Mar 9, 2017, 7:22 PM

Sounds like a plan to me think he would do a heck of a job !

One of the unfriendliest Tigers I ever met lol***

Mar 9, 2017, 7:29 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Really

Mar 9, 2017, 8:00 PM

Sorry you had that experience... Went to Clemson with him and he was always a nice, soft-spoken guy. Hung out with him a fair amount and he always seemed to treat people well. Even saw him a few times after games in LA when he was with the Mavericks and again, always a good dude.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So am I. Who knows maybe there was something about

Mar 9, 2017, 8:22 PM

me he just did not like or maybe I always caught him at a bad time. There's just some things that come to memory when certain names are brought up. Like Antwan Edwards walking by my apartment one day while I was outside. He was sweating pretty hard and asked me to get him a towel. I honestly thought he was talking to someone else and I looked around and realized he was talking to me lol. I also remember Terrell McEntire always would cut class early. I followed him out one day and the professor ran me down the stairs and chewed me a new one and didn't say a word to him lol.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: So am I. Who knows maybe there was something about

Mar 9, 2017, 8:29 PM

So, I haven't posted in a while (3 kids under 5) but keep up to date with Tigernet "news." I live just north of Dallas and see Greg Buckner at the gym on a regular basis. He's always been a great guy and always willing to talk basketball with a fan like me. He does the Mavericks halftime/post game and has some decent insight. Good coach? Who knows, but definitely a good dude.

zero comparison Edward's to Buckner!

Mar 9, 2017, 9:07 PM [ in reply to So am I. Who knows maybe there was something about ]

Edward's sat beside me in Marketing class and the nicest thing I can say is he was not very smart. Greg was always a nice guy and I can't recall a single time of him being anything other than a nice guy.

Mar 9, 2017, 11:39 PM [ in reply to So am I. Who knows maybe there was something about ]

Had the pleasure of becoming friends with Vic Beasley during school. Great guy. Kellen Jones was another good one - was sorry to see him transfer out but it was for academic opportunities

Mar 10, 2017, 12:35 AM

I had class with Kellan Jones as well. Great guy. Dedicated student as well.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the unfriendliest Tigers I ever met lol***

Mar 9, 2017, 8:36 PM [ in reply to One of the unfriendliest Tigers I ever met lol*** ]

I met him a couple of time while a student at Clemson. He was always kinda quiet....but seemed like a nice guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have any doubt he was friendly to yall or anybody

Mar 9, 2017, 8:50 PM [ in reply to One of the unfriendliest Tigers I ever met lol*** ]

and I don't want to change yall's opinion of him. Those were just my encounters with him. It was a long time ago.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I don't have any doubt he was friendly to yall or anybody

Mar 9, 2017, 8:56 PM

No worries. I have met a bunch of athletes who are jerks, quite a few at Clemson, so that is no surprise. Just wanted to vouche for someone I remember differently.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't blame you. I would do the same thing.***

Mar 9, 2017, 9:07 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I don't have any doubt he was friendly to yall or anybody

Mar 9, 2017, 9:00 PM [ in reply to I don't have any doubt he was friendly to yall or anybody ]

I am sure there have been many times I have been rude or unfriendly to folks. We all have good and bad days. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the unfriendliest Tigers I ever met lol***

Mar 9, 2017, 9:01 PM [ in reply to One of the unfriendliest Tigers I ever met lol*** ]

I used to travel with the basketball team and he was probably the friendliest guy on the team. Wideman was a pretty good guy. Boogie was just really quiet. Speaking of Antwan Edwards- did you ever get to see that big yellow python he used to carry around?

I had a completely different experience

Mar 9, 2017, 10:59 PM [ in reply to One of the unfriendliest Tigers I ever met lol*** ]

Spoke to him and Boogie at the National Championship this year for probably 20 minutes or more before the game. Both guys were as friendly as they could be and provided some good insight into their playing days and Rick Barnes. It was obvious Clemskn had a positive impact on both guys and I think Greg would like to contribute to Clemson by being a great basketball coach. Awesome guy!

Mar 9, 2017, 7:32 PM

Would definitely break the mold of the typical uppity ACC bball coach. Not sure if he'd be worth a ####.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting.

Mar 9, 2017, 8:32 PM

If he proves himself in coaching for another 8-10 years, and does well, I am sure Clemson would consider him.

We would be fools to even consider him for our head coach at this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Interesting.

Mar 9, 2017, 8:50 PM

Really nice,quiet guy. Worked team camp when I took my high school team to Clemson and was good with the guys. Dated a girl from my hometown when she was at Clemson and was a real good example of a Clemson student athlete.

One of the greatest moments in the decades

Mar 9, 2017, 8:55 PM

I've attended Clemson sporting events was being in Greensboro Coliseum the night Buck slamdunked the ball over Antawn Jamison to beat the 'holes in the ACC Tournament!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's never gonna happen under the current AD because...

Mar 9, 2017, 9:14 PM

apparently being one of the top 68 teams in the country is not a reasonable expectation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 22
| visibility 4,144
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic