Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got to post this at least once, for old times sake.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,415

Got to post this at least once, for old times sake.

Nov 19, 2019, 1:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDzl1dJthYo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uof5c got their a$$es kicked twice that day...

Nov 19, 2019, 1:45 PM

Once on the field during the game and then again in the brawl they started.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Got to post this at least once, for old times sake.

Nov 19, 2019, 1:56 PM

That fight was from goal line to goal line, from sideline to sideline, and without bias, the coots got their A S S kicked both ways that day, on the scoreboard and in the brawl!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was all on Loser Holtz, and his inability to

Nov 19, 2019, 1:58 PM

control his team from the beginning of the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to have a pic from the north stands, facing the Hill.

Nov 19, 2019, 2:03 PM

You could see the coot asst coach waving their players to the bottom of the Hill while our players were still at the top. Holtz was standing right there watching, with his hands in his pockets. He had every opportunity to stop it and probably knew what was about to happen. He tried to deny knowing anything about it but he was right there condoning with his silence.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 2:07 PM

That was a gigantic embarrassment. I wish it would just fade into history.

For a minute I was worried that it would spread into the stands. We were looking for our escape route, just in case.

Nov 19, 2019, 2:10 PM

What a coward!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SO much fewer fights in the stands than when I was a kid

Nov 19, 2019, 2:32 PM

Used to see fights all the time as a kid growing up in the 80's. UGA and USC games in particular. Would see a good half-dozen fights for those games, between the parking lot and in the stands. We used to sit about three rows up from the visitors section in sec. M. Probably why I saw so many fights in the stands. I can't recall the last fight I saw in the stands. It's been since before that game in 2004 I know.

And people used to drink more in the stadium. I remember seeing more mini bottles than dip cans. Now I see no mini bottles and very few dip cans. Used to be more drunks in the parking lots and in the stadium. I remember several drunk people falling down the steps.

Totally different environment now. But that fight in 2004 WAS the worst fight I ever saw on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Got to post this at least once, for old times sake. ]

Had my 5 year old nephew and my wife with me and we were in section k beside the band. When the brawl headed toward us, the smart thing to do was check for a way out. The fight stayed on the field so no problem.

Nothing cowardly about it. Sometimes protecting your family means getting them out of harms way, not being a grown ### man trying to get in a fistfight.

UofSC was asking for it all day

Nov 19, 2019, 2:54 PM

They tried to taunt us at the hill when they gathered at the bottom. Chippy behavior all day even though we were dominating. As soon as one of our players made a tackle they didn't like, their ENTIRE bench cleared and wanted to fight. Holtz' program was an embarrassment.

Also, didn't we light up the Gamecock return man on the opening kickoff, causing him to fumble? Good stuff.

They had nothing to play for...

Nov 19, 2019, 3:45 PM

Lou was leaving and they weren't going bowling.

They knew it was going to be another beatdown.

Their only recourse, rather than taking the a$$ whippin' like men, they opted to mouth-off, play dirty and start fights.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

hmmmm....

Nov 19, 2019, 6:09 PM

BigCUFan® said:

Lou was leaving and they weren't going bowling.

They knew it was going to be another beatdown.

Their only recourse, rather than taking the ### whippin' like men, they opted to mouth-off, play dirty and start fights.

Things are looking eerily similar

Re: UofSC was asking for it all day

Nov 19, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to UofSC was asking for it all day ]

Yes - jarring hit on the opening kickoff down near the Hill, by the same defender who lit up Matt Ryan if I’m not mistaking. Was it David Dunham?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: UofSC was asking for it all day

Nov 19, 2019, 5:05 PM

Yes - jarring hit on the opening kickoff down near the Hill, by the same defender who lit up Matt Ryan if I’m not mistaking. Was it David Dunham?

David Dunham indeed. He lit up Troy Williamson.

I have an article from The State saved in my e-mail. It details in chronological order the events. It list exactly who did what, when and where.

It was from a report compiled jointly by both coaching staffs. All the coaches from both Tommy Bowden and Lou Holtz’s staffs got together the Monday following the game and combed through every official and unofficial video angle they had, including the stuff they shot from the press boxes.

Of course the only video the fans ever had was Raycom Sports’ and the announcers assigning blame to Bobby Williamson for starting it simply because that happened to be where their camera man caught up with the action.

I’ve had this discussion with Gamecock fans and they are always quick to tell you that Bobby Williamson started it with a punch to Syvelle Newton’s head, but as soon as you present them with evidence to the contrary ( provided by Holtz’s staff ) then they don’t want to talk about it anymore. Oh yeah, “That thug Williamson started it !” .......until you read that Johnathan Alston is actually the initial instigator shoving Gaines Adams to the ground well after the whistle.... Another Clemson DL responds by shoving Alston then a second Carolina OL shoves Williamson across the pile.

Then it’s, “Well it was just an ugly incident and nobody was in the right.”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I am in the minority...

Nov 19, 2019, 6:30 PM

But I hate that. It turns my stomach.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,415
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic