Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Frost is on the Hot Seat." Seems like only yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

"Frost is on the Hot Seat." Seems like only yesterday

Oct 21, 2020, 11:40 AM

that programs were bludgeoning each other trying to be the ones to hire him and Tom Herman. Now, at Nebraska AND Texas, the bloom is already off those roses. Nebraska struggles I can kind of understand, since they made the incredibly stupid move of getting out of the Big 12. Texas is more of a conundrum. Giant talent pool, rich football history. You would think if Herman is actually any kind of coach at all, he would have them competing for Nattys by now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd add Justin Fuente to that list.***

Oct 21, 2020, 11:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I'd add Justin Fuente to that list.***

Oct 21, 2020, 12:13 PM

Really? He’s 36-21 at VT, has gone 10-4, 9-4, 6-7, 8-5, and is on pace to having a good year this season. He’s not setting the world on fire, but he seems much better than average.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd add Justin Fuente to that list.***

Oct 21, 2020, 12:17 PM

I think VT folks are going to give him a shot without Bud Foster tainting the well. I don't think he meshed well and Bud, while he could beat any North Carolina school, had trouble adapting to modern offenses (why we torched them in 2011 and since).

Plus VT tends to be better and more patient with coaches. Almost too loyal with Bud.

Yes, really. He wasn't brought in to go 6-7 and 8-5

Oct 21, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd add Justin Fuente to that list.*** ]

in years 3 and 4. And likely 8-3 in year 5. His winning percentage is similar to Tom Herman's at Texas (27-17).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Yes, really. He wasn't brought in to go 6-7 and 8-5

Oct 21, 2020, 6:13 PM

Dabo was 6-7 in year 2.5.

Re: Yes, really. He wasn't brought in to go 6-7 and 8-5

Oct 22, 2020, 7:58 AM

It was not a trend for Dabo. He made the correct adjustments with his assistants and started turning the corner.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: "Frost is on the Hot Seat." Seems like only yesterday

Oct 21, 2020, 11:51 AM

Wouldn’t frost on a hot seat just become water and maybe some steam if the seat gets really hot?

Exactly! He are in real trouble.

Oct 21, 2020, 3:55 PM

I was hoping someone would get the obvious play on woids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully he'll cool his seat off Saturday.***

Oct 21, 2020, 12:11 PM

Oct 21, 2020, 12:12 PM

Texas has had unrealistic expectation ... well forever. Only A&M were more delusional and they got tired of Texas's BS. I am sure that Texas would have fired Dabo post 2010 if they were in Clemson's shoes and would have never hired him in the first place.

Nebraska is the case of self-inflicted friendly fire. They shot-off their recruiting lifeline from TX etc to become Iowa Western Extension Service in Licoln and try an convince southern-leaning talent to spend their Saturdays in Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Jersey, and Meechigan.

Both Schools are examples of trying to hire the "hot" coach.... meanwhile most/all of the recent CFP were internal hires of interim or Coordinators. LSU, Clemson, 31-0, OU - all internal. Heck, others like Jimbo, Chip Kelly, D"Antoni were also internal promotions.

Only those that had already won/appeared in a BCS title game has made it without being an internal hire. Kelly, Stoops, Saban, & Meyer. Amy I missing any one?

Oh Petersen - he is the oddball but already well established as a would be contender if BSU had been picked earlier.

Oct 21, 2020, 12:26 PM

All Texas advantages you said and the Longhorn network. Hasnt seemed to help. Almost seems to have hurt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:57 PM

Frost will get this year and next year to show progress... if he fails there is a bit of "then who can bring us back?"

No one wants to face the possibility that Nebby will never be back... so they will cling to Frost as long as possible.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: "Frost is on the Hot Seat." Seems like only yesterday ]

I believe Frost will turn it around at NE. May be in the minority.

Oct 21, 2020, 3:07 PM

I suspect the "Fake News" is planting stories about Frost. Rumors could have come from "certain officials high within the 03100 area code".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 5:35 AM

Frost is not on the hot seat

Oct 22, 2020, 8:02 AM

Maybe not, but I have a Nebraskan friend who is not happy.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Well, if he's not Happy, which one is he?

Oct 22, 2020, 9:28 AM

Sorry, I know it's an old drunkard joke, but I AM old, and sometimes aspire to be a drunkard.

Oct 22, 2020, 7:31 AM

I hope Frost isn't on the hot seat. Teams are too quick to make changes and I think Frosting a good coach just needs time. Texas? My understanding is you have too many billionaire boosters who want to make athletic department decisions. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of people. Let them continue to twist in mediocre hell for all I care

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah there are very obvious reasons for the fall of

Oct 22, 2020, 8:06 AM

Nebraska football - ones that frankly may not be fixable.

Texas, on the other hand, is just a head scratcher. Everything a coach could possibly need to win is right there at their disposal. At the very least Texas should be at the level of Oklahoma. Getting exposed in the playoff would be a massive step up from where they have been for the last decade.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic