Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those ? DW4's spending, let's really break it down
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

For those ? DW4's spending, let's really break it down

Apr 3, 2018, 1:25 PM

House - probably $1-1.5M (cost of living in Houston isn't that high); Puts 200K-300K down and pays $3K-4$K/ month ($36K-$48K/ year)

Mercedes G Wagon - $125K; Likely a lease so he probably put $10K down and pays maybe $1500/month ($18K/yr)

Lamborghini - $300K-$400K; Likely a lease so he probably put $30K down pays about $3000/month ($36K/yr)

-------------

Have you seen all the endorsement work he's been doing with Ole Spice and Gatorade this off season? That doesn't even include the stuff he has with Nike, Beats by Dre, and his other endorsement deals.

This is light work for DW4. I wouldn't worry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those ? DW4's spending, let's really break it down

Apr 3, 2018, 1:38 PM

Not sure anyone is truly questioning his spending. He doesn't have to earn another dollar the rest of his life and he could keep living like that.

Apr 3, 2018, 1:40 PM

I’ve seen a few people questioning it in the main post.

I guarantee most of them wouldn’t even know what that kind of money looks like.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2018, 1:44 PM

IMHO, it's not so much on the spending, but more so on DW's tweeting about it. He has always appeared to be humble and reserved, and it's a little bit of a surprise that to some he appears to be bragging.

Well, he has earned the big $$ and he has every right to show his accomplishments. Not a problem and glad for him (envious too!).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2018, 2:08 PM

Don't think posting new things he gets on Twitter is bragging.

If he doesn’t post it then how can we appreciate it?

Apr 3, 2018, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: For those ? DW4's spending, let's really break it down ]

I like that he posted it. He deserves everything he has and more.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: If he doesn’t post it then how can we appreciate it?

Apr 3, 2018, 3:07 PM

Exactly

and there were complaints when he didn't post the house when he originally signed the purchase agreeement

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: For those ? DW4's spending, let's really break it down ]

I wouldn't take it as bragging, but he can show the younger generation that if you work hard and have high aspirations you can achieve great things.

Apr 3, 2018, 4:52 PM

That's exactly how I interpreted it. He grew up in a Habitat for Humanity home, and now has a Lambo in his driveway. It shows much hard work pays off and can give inspiration to young guys who are in the situation he once was.

Apr 3, 2018, 5:43 PM

Agreed. He should show off the great things that he has gotten. It took him being great to get them.

Apr 3, 2018, 6:06 PM

Well said!

Also, it might help him make more money down the road too...

Apr 4, 2018, 5:30 AM [ in reply to Re: For those ? DW4's spending, let's really break it down ]

in endorsement deals. He is marketing himself.

Apr 3, 2018, 1:47 PM

The only thing questionable to me is the Lambo. He needs to protect his body so I would prefer he be in a large SUV, not a car so low that his head is at bumper level.

He can show off later in life once he's retired and an injury doesn't matter that much.

Apr 3, 2018, 2:23 PM

I am just a little worried for his sake. I'm not saying he doesn't have the money to justify these purchases but you must remember he is on a rookie contract. That second contract isn't guaranteed and god forbid if something were to happen. I'm sure he has people in his ear talking about how he will sign on the dotted line for $30mil or more a year when his rookie deal is up. And I believe he is worth every bit of that money. His signing bonus was enough to cover these and more ($8.5mil) but his salary over the next four years will total just under $14mil. After taxes, ain't as much as you'd think.

Love the guy but hope he continues to find success on the field and money in his pockets!

Apr 3, 2018, 2:24 PM

and why do we care what other people have?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2018, 3:15 PM

As a percentage of income he probably is spending less than most people on the boreds. Noteworthy that, he started his spending with sizable charitable contributions. Who can claim the same?

agree with you. He’s already done great things with money.

Apr 3, 2018, 3:57 PM

I know I’m being paternalistic and he doesn’t need me to be and didn’t ask for it. I just hope he’s setting himself up for later in the small chance there isn’t a later on the football field. But I do want him to enjoy what he’s been working hard for. Not the stuff but there is a reward for his success and he should enjoy it. I just hope I’m not reading about him being bankrupt later in life like so many other young football players. That being said this far in life Deshaun has showed nothing but maturity and intelligence in his decisions and why should I expect any less. And ultimately it’s none of my business.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm more concerned about tweeting while driving...***

Apr 3, 2018, 3:16 PM

Apr 3, 2018, 5:14 PM

I'm fine with him having a nice house & fancy car(s) but I sure thought he had an awful lot of Gatorade in that grocery cart! :)

My attitude is simple: how he spends his

Apr 3, 2018, 5:16 PM

income is none of my business.

Thus, I wish him well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this ^^^***

Apr 3, 2018, 5:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

He has a few toys

Apr 3, 2018, 5:45 PM

Good for him. Seeing his mom cleaning the pool tells you who's in his ear and keeping both feet firmly planted. DW's fine...and to the OP's point...given the endorsements to date, he may not have even touched his 'football' earnings.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What losers would spend time worrying about how someone else spends his or her money?

Apr 3, 2018, 6:29 PM

Good grief

Apr 3, 2018, 6:33 PM

That's assuming he paid for the cars. Could be sponsorship deals. I bet he spenss a smaller percentage of his net income than most of the folks griping about him spend of theirs.

Worried? It’s his money and his business what he does with

Apr 3, 2018, 9:03 PM

it. I have no clue or cared what houses cost in Houston or what the cars cost.

Advice for Deshaun based on my millions ...

Apr 3, 2018, 9:49 PM

1) First stay healthy,

2) Applications and resumes from Gold Diggers,

3) Prenup. Prenup. Prenup!

Good luck Deshaun. We're all pulling for you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD^^^***

Apr 4, 2018, 9:32 AM

The money he saves living in Texas with no ...

Apr 4, 2018, 5:33 AM

state income tax probably covers all of that anyway.

Apr 4, 2018, 5:57 AM

From a Christian perspective, Deshaun showed who he is when he was donating paycheck to flood victims. I sure hope that part of him isn’t getting lost in the hype of having a Lambo in the garage. If I had to guess, I’d expect that he still has his priorities in the right order.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic