Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For The Love Of Howard's Rock! Please Stop!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

For The Love Of Howard's Rock! Please Stop!

Aug 6, 2019, 1:20 PM

Please tell Bama fans to stop with this nonsense of Dabo one day coaching at Alabama. It's even worse when Gamecock fans say it. It literally makes me nauseated to hear it. You try time and time again to explain why he will never go there to become a head coach and they don't get it. So, I will try my best to give some of our fellow Tiger Faithful some good talking points to counter their delusional nonsense.

1. Yes, Coach Swinney loves the state of Alabama. However, Alabama fired him one time and he more than likely won't return.

2. A bunch of Alabama Bluebloods give Coach Swinney an opportunity at Clemson and he has relished in the moment.

3. Dabo was an interim head coach with not even so much as having experience as a coordinator before becoming the official head coach. This is a historical success moment that will go down in history as one of the finest stories of college football.

4. Dabo and his carefully selected staff has built a consistent championship contender in this program. He did it without all of the pre-existing historical accolades and the legends of Paul Bryant. He and his staff have cohesively built a College Football Dynasty from the ground up. This is something that he cherishes deeply and would be hard pressed to give up something that you worked so hard to build.

5. Even if he left Clemson, he would not coach at Bama because he wouldn't want to coach in the shadows of two other historical dynasties built by someone else.

6. He Loves Clemson and All Things Clemson.

7. He has a loyal staff who loves working with him and loves Clemson just as much as he does.

If anyone can argue with facts then they have no hope of ever learning about College Football and should probably find someone else to hang out with.

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: For The Love Of Howard's Rock! Please Stop!

Aug 6, 2019, 1:38 PM

Well said - ChestyPuller!! Also - his sons will be Clemson grads ... think that will figure in the equation too ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Aug 6, 2019, 3:30 PM

Probably has something to do with it as well. I also bet that he has 93Million other reasons to stick around for at least another 10 seasons.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 6, 2019, 1:46 PM

Chesty, I agree with you. The only possible scenario I can come up with that could even remotely cause Dabo to think about, would be if Alabama happened to fall on difficult times and he saw it as a challenge to come back as a favored son and return them to their glory. However, it is very hard to imagine that Alabama would ever take a dive like that in my lifetime.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 1:55 PM

Unless your 12 years old or younger, Alabama has had difficult times in your lifetime already.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 2:09 PM

That is a good point. From 97-2007 they only had (3) 10-Win seasons. Before that, they were pretty consistent if you go back as far as 1970. The question is will they have a dropoff under Saban and if you believe they won't then whoever replaces him when he retires won't be stepping into a turnaround situation.

Aug 6, 2019, 3:39 PM

To be honest, it appears as if Alabama is weakening under Saban. Not because of Saban, but because of Saban. You get what I mean right? He is a lightening rod for coaches trying to build a resume. They coach for one year under him and leave. Without the coaching continuity he will never be able to go head to head against Dabo from this day forward and his program stands to become stagnant and start a sharp decline. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 6, 2019, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: For The Love Of Howard's Rock! Please Stop! ]

Also consider that if they ever took a dive under Saban, they would consider it a lesson learned and probably not offer such a high salary to the next coach and Dabo isn't taking a pay cut to work for a program that fired the entire staff along with him in the early years. He has job security at Clemson and he's not giving that up.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 6, 2019, 6:51 PM

Even if they took a dive, what lesson would they have learned? Under Saban they’ve won 5 NC’s, and played in 2 other NC games. That’s not exactly money wasted. Even if they fell off at this point they would attribute it to Saban getting old.

Aug 6, 2019, 11:06 PM

Enrollment has nearly doubled also

Aug 6, 2019, 1:53 PM

There must be a lurking Bama or coot fan on this board that would stoop to giving you a TD for your post.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 3:41 PM

Hey Joe, Coots gonna Coot and chickens gonna cluck. Thumbs down my post and I don't give a WHAT! The truth is that they will always be little brother and we will always own the state. Even with Tavien Feaster we will stomp them in the mud. Not worried about them or salty Bama fans who are mad that their girlfriend aka Step Sister is angry with them.

~Chesty Puller

Also....

Aug 6, 2019, 2:13 PM

He is set for retirement, financially, if he serves of contract ??

Alabama has very little to offer, and Coach has even less to prove .

Re: Also....

Aug 6, 2019, 2:22 PM

I don't know about that; 93M doesn't go as far as it used to ;)

Aug 6, 2019, 2:23 PM

I thought this was going to be begging to top the coke bottle announcements.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those announcements were requested***

Aug 6, 2019, 3:42 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 6, 2019, 6:29 PM

You cant fix Stupid

UofA screwed Dabo around for several years having him...

Aug 6, 2019, 6:38 PM

wait then firing a coach who hired him before he even got one day at work then hiring him and replacing him with the HC's sons as a TE coach before he started the job.

He wrote letters to everyone who is anyone at Bama trying to get work on the football team and not one person replied to him. They broke the boy's spirit and crushed his dreams.

God sent him to Clemson and only God will move him. I don't know if Dabo will ever return to UofA but if God stays out of it Dabo will retire at Clemson. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 6:55 PM

I’m not sure that I agree on points 1 and 5. I’ve never seen Dabo even hint at any negative feelings towards being let go there. I also don’t see Dabo caring about following Saban. He’s just not the type to be afraid of being compared to anyone else. I’m not saying he’ll ever leave, I just don’t think those things will matter.

Aug 6, 2019, 10:47 PM

Dabo will stay at Clemson. Why would he go back and be part of a legacy when he has his own legacy going own here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 11:10 PM

Why are you even making it an issue? Your post sucks. He is Tiger. Dont even talk about it. Your post is annoying. I can't even believe you got one thumbs up. Your next post should be about a possible Trevor Lawrence transfer. Anyway, lame post.

He also has nothing to prove...

Aug 6, 2019, 11:13 PM

...already climbed the mountain and reached the pinnacle, several times now, with more coming. There is absolutely zero upside for Dabo to take the head coaching job at Alabama...NONE!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus Saban made the whole of Tuscaloosa Smell Funny

Aug 6, 2019, 11:46 PM

Like old people smell mixed with moth balls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic