Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yo tigermanc, this true?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Yo tigermanc, this true?

Nov 3, 2020, 8:32 AM

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/11/02/whitmer-threatens-up-to-6-months-in-prison-for-businesses-who-dont-record-customers-personal-info-992086

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, where do you find these "news" sources?

Nov 3, 2020, 8:39 AM

We give you the straight scoop and provide news and insights for the patriotic American who unabashedly loves their country and refuses to be silenced. BPR has broken important stories that have been spotlighted on Fox News and on the Rush Limbaugh show.

Our analysis has been touted by the top conservatives in the world, including Donald Trump Jr., Dan Bongino, Dinesh D’Souza, James Woods, Kris Paronto, Candace Owens, Larry Elder, and Sarah Palin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but no, but no.

Nov 3, 2020, 9:09 AM

First of all, it expired on October 30th. Second, it was not an executive order by the governor, but an order signed by Robert Gordon, the Director of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. Yes, select businesses were required to keep a record of who came in and when for contact tracing. HOWEVER, if you pay attention, nearly every business has that information anyway. My barber knows when I have an appointment. Gyms monitor when people arrive and leave. Ticketed events already know who attends and when. All other business already have that information as well through transactions. Between Facebook, Google, Apple, et. al on your phone, they're asking for less than those companies already know and have. Not to mention other previsions are totally unenforceable.

It's largely a strawman article.

**********************************************************************************

9. Contact Tracing.

(a) Gatherings are prohibited at the following facilities unless the facility maintains accurate records, including date and time of entry, names of patrons, and contact information, to aid with contact tracing, and denies entry for a gathering to any visitor who does not provide, at a minimum, their name and phone number:

(1) All businesses or operations that provide barbering, cosmetology services, body art services (including tattooing and body piercing), tanning services, massage services, or similar personal care services;

(2) Sports and entertainment facilities (except outdoor, unticketed sporting events), including arenas, cinemas, concert halls, performance venues, sporting venues, stadiums and theaters, as well as places of public amusement, such as amusement parks, arcades, bingo halls, bowling centers, skating rinks, and trampoline parks;

(3) Gymnasiums, fitness centers, recreation centers, exercise facilities, exercise studios, bowling centers, roller rinks, ice rinks, and like facilities.

(b) All businesses or operations that provide in-home services, including cleaners, repair persons, painters, and the like must not permit their employees to gather with clients unless the business maintains accurate appointment records, including date and time of service, name of client, and contact information, to aid with contact tracing.

AND......

(e) Consistent with MCL 333.2261, violation of this order is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or a fine of not more than $200.00, or both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, there is a huge difference between normally

Nov 3, 2020, 9:38 AM

doing something and being sent to jail if you dont.

Whether contact tracing warrants that type of govt intervention, where that threshold is, and how those decisions are made is a legit subject, which means the article is legit. Hand wave at that, and you cant squirm about the Patriot Act, and there is almost nothing the govt cant do.

For most people it's like this:
- Govt tracks you because isis: good (or bad)
- Govt tracks you because covid: the opposite

So lets dont pretend we're a nation of independent thinkers or have, or want, an independent media.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda like taxes then. Got it.***

Nov 3, 2020, 9:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's your answer, then for you, yes.***

Nov 3, 2020, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowden says yes... Clapper says no (but maybe)...***

Nov 3, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to To be fair, there is a huge difference between normally ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To which? It's almost never to both.***

Nov 3, 2020, 10:19 AM

Government tracks you. Period.***

Nov 3, 2020, 10:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We got that. So that makes it okay for them to tell you

Nov 3, 2020, 10:26 AM

its illegal for you to not track me?

That was a fun circle, but straight line from here, please.

If the Feds want to, they don't need any help... Now, if

Nov 3, 2020, 10:31 AM

Mich. wants to, maybe they should just ask...

Dude, you are wrong once again

Nov 3, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Seriously, where do you find these "news" sources? ]

always attacking the source, not the actual info

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/10/29/michigan-puts-new-covid-19-restrictions-gatherings-restaurants/6072637002/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude, you are wrong once again

Nov 3, 2020, 9:56 AM

That wasn't a bad idea. Maybe too ambitious, but a good idea if it wasn't too impractical.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm wrong? I didn't even express an opinion.***

Nov 3, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Dude, you are wrong once again ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is new to you?

Nov 3, 2020, 10:36 AM

You're single, one assumes.

Edit: Hey, I think I just gave you 39000. I accomplished something today.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic