Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Double Standard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Double Standard

Nov 9, 2020, 3:44 PM

So, if someone beats us, it is considered an epic win, even with all our starters out. And, up the polls they go. But, if we don't cover a fictitious betting spread, we suck and get dropped down in the various polls and power rankings. You can't have it both ways - either we suck or we are pretty good. The real answer is the media hates us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Double Standard

Nov 9, 2020, 3:49 PM

It's a sign of respect, in my eyes. Beating Clemson is one of the hardest things in CFB for anybody to do, no matter who we have on the field. Glass half full!

Nov 9, 2020, 3:54 PM

As far as dropping in the polls after not covering a spread, I see your point. However I was pleasantly surprised that we had stayed at #1 after performances against Syracuse and BC that weren't up to the standard. Alabama could've jumped us, but I think we have the national respect now where people do give us the benefit of the doubt

So long as we get to beat Ohio State in the Rose Bowl, I’m fine. ***

Nov 9, 2020, 3:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The one year we play at ND and at Rose Bowl

Nov 9, 2020, 3:59 PM

fans are not allowed.

My 2 bucket list items

No kidding. Sums up 2020 right there.***

Nov 9, 2020, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I was at the Notre Dame game in 1979...

Nov 9, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to The one year we play at ND and at Rose Bowl ]

It was similar to my first impression of Doak Campbell Stadium at FSU. I thought it was kind of a dump and a little underwhelming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I was at the Notre Dame game in 1979...

Nov 9, 2020, 4:19 PM

I was at Doak in 1989. It wasn’t so nice. Went back in 93. They had put some lipstick on it and laid some bricks around the outside. A little nicer

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got splinters in my rump from the old wooden bleachers***

Nov 9, 2020, 4:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 9, 2020, 4:00 PM

I think we are getting a fair assessment in the polls. We have struggled in some games that we should have been dominant and we lost in a tight game. Everyone has injuries. Everyone gets some bad breaks. Winning the games in front of us will take care of the polls. Lets hope the team gets healthy, stays healthy, solves some run block issues and wins out to go the ACC Championship game and gets revenue on the leprechauns.

Nov 9, 2020, 4:07 PM

Hey! You stole my Christmas list!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 4:23 PM

Clemson has been #1 all season. Please tell us you aren't complaining that Clemson should have been unanimous #1 by every single voter all season long.

Nov 9, 2020, 4:30 PM

I remember years where we were hopeful we got into the top 25. I'm thankful to be in the top 10. After a loss I'm glad to be #4. I'm 67 and lived in the upstate all my life. I've never seen the like of what Clemson is doing. Most football fans have never had it so good. Just us and Alabama. They are spoiled, and I ain't gonna let that happen to me.

Nov 9, 2020, 4:42 PM

Amen. I can’t believe that someone in the sports world is talking about my Tigers every time I turn on the tv. I’m Sam tickled shyattless that we are still in the top four after Saturday night.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic