Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson and Alabama, last 10 postseason games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 6,623

Clemson and Alabama, last 10 postseason games

Dec 12, 2017, 7:40 PM

You have heard alot of "Nick Saban with a time to prepare is deadly" in the media. Saban and Alabama are good, but they are not Swinney and Clemson good (in the past 5 years). Swinney and his crew know how to prepare as well.

Swinney has won 9 of his last 10 postseason games. The scalps on the wall?
-Alabama
-Ohio State
-Ohio State
-Oklahoma
-Oklahoma
-LSU
-Miami
-Virginia Tech
-North Carolina

Saban has won 7 of his last 10 postseason games. Not bad, but also not 9 of 10. But more to the point look at the weak scalps on his wall:
-Clemson (the one strong one--and this needing an on-sides kick and Mack Alexander injury)
-Washington
-Michigan State
-Florida (LOL)
-Florida (LOL)
-Missouri (LOL)
-Notre Dame

Their losses: Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma. When Saban meets good teams in the postseason, he typically loses.

You won't see this on ESPN. Alabama is good, but over the past half-decade, they are not Clemson good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson and Alabama, last 10 postseason games

Dec 12, 2017, 8:23 PM

There's been a new standard in place for a while now, but the media can't see the Tiger for the elephant in the room. The view will change soon enough.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do remember that it took a score with 1sec on the clock to beat them last

Dec 12, 2017, 8:44 PM

year. I love your assessment, but they lead for 90% of the national championship game last year...and the national championship game before that was not as close as final score indicated. I think we scored with about 17sec left to get under double digits. Yes, I think we're the better team this year, and I think we win, but they are a very good team and will give us all we want for 4 quarters.

Re: Do remember that it took a score with 1sec on the clock to beat them last

Dec 12, 2017, 8:48 PM

If we stop the their run game we win. If not, we won’t. It that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2017, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Do remember that it took a score with 1sec on the clock to beat them last ]

We were leading heading into the 4th qtr two years ago. Took an onsides kick and busted coverage with Mack Alex. out to get them back in it.

Last year we had 2 turnovers and they had none, that's why they got out in front.

On both games, we had substantially more yards and first downs.

My original post never suggested Alabama isn't good. I stated Clemson has been better over the past half decade. Overall records vs. top teams in big games support that position.

Dec 12, 2017, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Do remember that it took a score with 1sec on the clock to beat them last ]

We also out gained them by almost 80 yards two years ago and by 130 last year.

Do remember it took a score w/ 0sec on the clock to win game***

Dec 12, 2017, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Do remember that it took a score with 1sec on the clock to beat them last ]

Dec 12, 2017, 10:07 PM

This is a bad argument. I hate Bama as much as the next man but you can't discredit their post season success. Picking the last 10 games is cherry picking, look at the past 10 years. They've won 4 National Championships in that time span and is 13-5. Acknowledging their success will make us look great when we beat them next month.

07 Colorado W
08 Florida L, Utah L
09 Florida W, Texas W [National Champs]
10 Michigan State W
11 LSU W [National Champs]
12 Georgia W, Notre D. W [National Champs]
13 Oklahoma L
14 Missouri W, Ohio State L
15 Florida W, Michigan State W, Clemson W
[National Champs]
16 Florida W, Washington W, Clemson L

Also, you are wrong when you say Saban typically loses to good teams he faces in the post season.

Message was edited by: K_arena1

Last FIVE years as stated... Not cherry-picking. FACT!***

Dec 12, 2017, 10:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absurd. Adding in 6-10 years ago only waters down the data.

Dec 12, 2017, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and Alabama, last 10 postseason games ]

That’s like six different OC’s and a couple of DV’s removed from the current team. And of course no players from the current team.

You can go back that far if you want to look at all of Saban at Bama but the last five years is more meaningful.

null

Re: Absurd. Adding in 6-10 years ago only waters down the data.

Dec 13, 2017, 12:03 AM

> That’s like six different OC’s and a couple of DV’s
> removed from the current team. And of course no
> players from the current team.
>
> You can go back that far if you want to look at all
> of Saban at Bama but the last five years is more
> meaningful.

That has nothing to do with his rhetoric. He cherry picked the post season games from, as he put it, "over the past half-decade" to try to discredit Alabama. He should have used those stats to show how we are positively trending upward.

Funny you said cherrypickin

Dec 19, 2017, 12:26 AM

If anyone is cherrypickin, it's you.

Re: Absurd. Adding in 6-10 years ago only waters down the data.

Dec 13, 2017, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Absurd. Adding in 6-10 years ago only waters down the data. ]

null

Message was edited by: K_arena1

You sure brought em out with this post.

Dec 13, 2017, 12:17 AM

You really know how to ruffle those chicken feathers. Good Job! TU for you!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You sure brought em out with this post.

Dec 13, 2017, 12:25 AM

And of course, when someone disagrees on this message board they get called a coot. I've never understood fans who downplay their opponents. We want Bama's national perception to be strong when we over take them as the kings of college football.

Re: You sure brought em out with this post.

Dec 13, 2017, 6:22 AM

No one's downplaying an opponent. It's pointing out more the similarities, instead kow-towing to big, bad Bama. Times have changed and Clemson can go toe-to-toe with anyone. The fact is, because it's Bama, you automatically punch their ticket. This is NOT the Bama of the past two seasons...they are closer to the Michigan State and tOSU teams of the past two seasons. To be perfectly honest, the other three CFP teams are only a notch above.

Still...at this point and as this season has played out, Clemson is the better team...the most balanced and well-rounded. 'Revenge' isn't going to help OU or Bama any more than it helped L'ville, Auburn, Wolfies, The U...and Midlands Tech. Furthermore, look at the four teams and ask yourself who is most likely to return next year...and even the following two or three. Who's built for the run from soup to nuts?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't understand basic human nature?***

Dec 13, 2017, 6:29 AM [ in reply to Re: You sure brought em out with this post. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's so hard about looking the facts?

Dec 19, 2017, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: You sure brought em out with this post. ]

Plus it doesn't matter if he's downplaying them or not, do you think the media will see it as any less because of what anyone here says?

Alabama is human.

Dec 13, 2017, 6:28 AM

They've won plenty of post season games including several BCS championships. That being said, Bama is almost one dimensional but is able to play defense well enough to hide their lack of a passing game.

I have yet to see Bama roll over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2017, 10:10 PM

This is absurd, alabama doesn't show up in big games vs good teams? Saban is 5-1 in national championship games compared to Dabo's 1-1. Saban also has 19 wins against teams ranked inside the top 5, most in CFB history. Your opinion is pure hate.

Dec 18, 2017, 10:55 PM

Be careful, you disagree with them and they'll call you a coot.

Dec 19, 2017, 12:09 AM

Come with facts, people tend to like being told straight forward. Truth is, AL has been the standard in CFB until Clemson arrived. Dabo even stated this, also to be the best you have to beat the best.

AL will, give us all we can handle defensively, maybe they are a little one dimentional at times offensively . However, this a battle of heavyweights. While I pick Clemson to win, as Venables said earlier in a presser, AL doesn't fall for tricks. It's a big game, but the battle will be won in the trenches IMO with ball security and good reads by Braynt to move the chains. BTW: AL not so good in 3rd point conversations this year. Our defense is the top in the nation. Clemson wins in a slugfest.

How many handles you got bubba?***

Dec 19, 2017, 12:30 AM

Re: How many handles you got bubba?***

Dec 19, 2017, 12:38 AM

Lol. Just one for me. I just happen to study the game.

Replies: 23
| visibility 6,623
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic