Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Discussing Charlotte as the site of the ACC Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Discussing Charlotte as the site of the ACC Championship

Dec 9, 2019, 10:48 AM

with an FSU fan yesterday and he brought some food for thought.

Charlotte could be about to get a MLS team.

With that in mind do you think Panthers owner David Tepper is thinking of making a deal with the soccer team to get the current Panthers stadium and then the Panthers build a dome to keep up with Atlanta and the Falcons?

Last week there were some post about how the SEC has the dome in Atlanta for it's championship and we have Charlotte outdoors where weather could be a factor in attendance. (see last year against Pitt when it was cold and raining)

Could the Panthers be in the works to build a dome and solve that problem for the ACC Championship?

Would you like to see the Panthers build a dome stadium?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Discussing Charlotte as the site of the ACC Championship

Dec 9, 2019, 10:52 AM

Dome is awesome when the weather is bad.....but, its terrible when the weather is beautiful. Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Cardinals....been to all of those games in domes and I am not a fan. I like the outdoors. I like the idea of no rain, but I will never forget that Pitt game or the ND game in the Valley. Makes for good memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tepper may WANT a dome for his new MLS team & the

Dec 9, 2019, 10:52 AM

Panthers, but I think local politics would certainly keep that from happening and Tepper may have deep pockets but he isn't going to dip that far into them.

He needs like $300M for the MLS squad and the City is hesitant to kick in their portion (but they ultimately will). Building a dome for the Panties and FC Carolina (Carolina United?) aint crappening anytime soon.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like weather

Dec 9, 2019, 11:28 AM

Put 2 teams in the championship that are really good and brings the fans and weather doesn't mean anything

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

That might be the issue.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:47 AM

I can only rememberize ONE ACC Championship game that had two highly ranked teams in a game that had national impact, and that was Clemson and UNC in 2015. When FSU was the bell cow or since Clemson has been, historically it's been rare that it's a great match up with hard to get tickets.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still maintain that a new football stadium will eventually

Dec 9, 2019, 11:44 AM

be built closer to the state border where the Panthers can finally control parking revenue. I think the stadium uptown will get converted into a soccer only stadium. But hey...what do I know? I mean, I'm only 98.7% omnipotent.

I don't think it will be full blown

Dec 9, 2019, 11:46 AM

into Tega Cay or Rock Hill though. Need to see where this legal sports betting in NC goes. I don't think they'd give that up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's not enough contiguous empty real estate in Rock Hill

Dec 9, 2019, 11:48 AM

or Tega Cay proper. I'm not sure where it will be, but I do think it will be be south of Charlotte and not north.

It also looks like for now only the Cherokee lands

Dec 9, 2019, 11:52 AM

can do the sports betting. I do imagine that if that goes well and the Raiders don't have issues in Vegas that the law is looked at again. I haven't see any talk of SC legalizing it, but maybe they need to figure that out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC won't budge unless NC does.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:57 AM

Until there is a threat of money flowing across the border, nothing will happen here. I'm not entirely sure NC is going to get it done either, but SC DEFINITELY won't do it on their own without an external push.

They should take out dinosaur land or whatever it’s called

Dec 9, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to I still maintain that a new football stadium will eventually ]

at Carowinds and put it there. Already have the parking and the pre-post game fan experience is premade.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

psst. I think the Dinosaur area is already gone.***

Dec 9, 2019, 12:29 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tepper has said he wants it in uptown

Dec 9, 2019, 1:46 PM [ in reply to I still maintain that a new football stadium will eventually ]

and the city will require it to be as well.

The Charlotte Pipe and Foundry spot will work answer the parking question once and for all

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Domes are a con.

Dec 9, 2019, 12:14 PM

Or as I call them, con-domes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yo, the adults are not supposed to be the ones

Dec 9, 2019, 12:16 PM

getting head injuries at lacrosse tournaments.

a dome will be built on the site of the

Dec 9, 2019, 1:45 PM

current Charlotte Pipe and Foundry. You can take that to the bank CP&F has already purchased land for its new facility in Stanley county.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the Packers build a dome, I may, gulp, start pulling for

Dec 10, 2019, 7:58 AM

the Bears.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic