Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a little Sunday mid day info about our HC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Just a little Sunday mid day info about our HC.

Nov 15, 2020, 2:19 PM

Since Dabo became the HC for our Clemson Tigers, he and his staff has recruited and signed 23 5* Star players. That isn't too shabby for a first ever head coaching job.

I would feel safe in saying that Dabo and his staff has signed more 5 star players (or some of the best talent ) to Clemson, than all Clemson FB head coaches put together.

Even though I think that head coaches are Over Paid, but, if there is a HC that deserves to be Over Paid, I guess Dabo Swinney does. When you take into consideration all that he has help bring to the Clemson FB program with the teams that he has put together, along with all the building upgrades that he personally held fundraisers to help with the cost of all the construction!!!

I think that sometimes we all at one point forget just how lucky we are that we still have Dabo, especially with other programs secretly, and openly had someone to call Dabo attempting to hire him away from Clemson...

Thank you Dabo Swinney for all you've done for Clemson, and we thank your family for loving Clemson as we do, and them telling Dabo how much they loved Clemson when those calls would come in with offers that was probably for more than Clemson could pay for a FB HC!!! Go Dabo, Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We"

Nov 15, 2020, 3:06 PM

That's definitely not a royal "We" with regards to taking Dabo for granted.

I'm happy to report that I do not know any fans/alumni who fall into that category. We're lucky to have him.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But does Dabo know about our O line issue?

Nov 15, 2020, 3:11 PM

just kidding, I figured someone would say it since there appears to be a majority on TNET who think our coaches are missing big parts of what makes a football team great!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: But does Dabo know about our O line issue?

Nov 15, 2020, 7:12 PM

It will get better with 5 true freshman 4* players in their first season of college coaching. And I'm predicting the best Clemson O Line ever!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a little Sunday mid day info about our HC.

Nov 15, 2020, 3:28 PM

I’m grateful too, If Dabo has the kind of success he’s had the last 5 years the next 5 years he will be considered in the conversation of the best college coach ever. He’s definitely making Nick Saban work hard after being in a class by himself.

I guess Ryan day is close in the mind of those delusional bucknuts as was Muscoot a couple years ago when he won 8 games against horrible competition.

Does the ole ball coot still claim them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 15, 2020, 4:36 PM

Dabo has had a lot of success and will continue but it’s going to be hard to be considered the greatest coach ever or even in that conversation unless he wins as many championships as Saban, especially since Saban, Bear Bryant, & Urban Meyer had huge success and won championships at more than one school.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 6:46 AM

Where, besides bama, did bear bryant win a national championship?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't he win one @ ATM ??

Nov 23, 2020, 9:02 PM

Even if not, Dabo has a ways to go to even be in the Bear Bryant conversation.

Nov 15, 2020, 3:36 PM

Both Hootie and Hat signed guys from Starr, SC does that count?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2020, 10:10 PM

I’m at my Dads in Iva tonight, the home of Dinky Williams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 15, 2020, 4:17 PM

I’ve seen a lot of Clemson football in my 49 years and I can say with zero hesitation that Dabo can stay forever. His decision on anything is fine with me. Lucky and grateful to have him.

I would, however like to continue to gripe about things completely beyond my control. Especially during and shortly after games. Just kinda what we do. It’s not personal. Our o line is struggling in the run game, by the way, and I wish it were better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2020, 4:30 PM

Not sure how old you are but Red Parker in 4 years brought in more household names and Clemson greats that almost anyone and laid the foundation for Charlie Pell and Danny Ford’s success.

Danny Ford recruited many of Clemson‘s greatest players and a ton of NFL talent!

Dabo probably recruited more star players than West, Hatfield, & TB Combined. But to ignore the talent brought in by Parker & Ford is criminal and either due to your age or a bit too much of the Dabo hero worship on this board.

I guarantee you Dabo would be the first person to cringe and be uncomfortable with the way adult men carry on over coaches, college players, and high school recruits on this board and other boards like it around this country!!

Nov 15, 2020, 10:15 PM

Dabo will win & Reach 5 Natty’s In the next 6-7 years. He’ll be all over that conversation soon

Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic