Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Defensive problems......too complicated!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,164

Defensive problems......too complicated!

Dec 18, 2012, 4:39 PM

We got rid of Steele because his defense was too complicated and the word from Tigertown is that Venables' defensive scheme is just as complicated. Shuey was the only one that could grasp it and he was the QB on defense this year. We need to simplify our schemes IMO. Until then, expect blown assignments....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it hard to believe our guys aren't as smart as

Dec 18, 2012, 4:42 PM

anyones. The problem is lack of talent ( either a recruiting or development problem or both), depth, and experience still to some degree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not correct

Dec 18, 2012, 4:47 PM

With Steele's D you could see players jumping up and down and being out of position before the ball was even snapped. That was removed this year. Our D was almost always lined up correctly. The blown assignments have nothing to do with the scheme's themselves. The type of zone that Venables runs is actually simpler then what Steele ran. he problem with our secondary is that their fundamentals was complete crap. Blown assignments came not because players were out of position but because players, especially the safeties, bit too hard on play action, didn't look for the ball, and had horrible fundamentals.

^^^THIS^^^***

Dec 18, 2012, 4:48 PM

OR, maybe, just maybe

Dec 18, 2012, 4:52 PM

our defensive problems were just a lack of talent and being in the first year of a new system. The defense has improved since last years, and there was more talent on last years defense

Your point is one that I think keeps

Dec 18, 2012, 5:48 PM

getting overlooked. Our defense was better this year than last, and Venables inherited a defense that lost 3 players from last year's team to the NFL (Branch, Thompson, Sensabaugh). +1 for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,164
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic