Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Fatigue Nationally!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Clemson Fatigue Nationally!

Dec 20, 2020, 7:28 PM

Quite frankly to all the folks who are "sick and tired of seeing Clemson win" I want to personally say: "kiss my converse"!
Coach Swinney got the job because we were failing at the time as a program. Did we fold our tents? No. Did we ever go in the midst of the FSU dominance over the ACC, "may as well stop playing"? No.
Clemson pulled itself up and said, "we know we worthy of being champions - we just haven't proven it"!
That's been there even in the lean years. People expected to win even when we were probably crazy to do so.
Now that we are just observant when we say, "we expect to win" it's arrogance? Please, if you wasn't there for the dark days you can't pass judgement on a true Clemson fan!
Was there fatigue when basically it was Southern Cal, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State, Notre Dame, Ohio State carousel? No. Then Miami crashed the party and showed the rest of college football - just because you "have a storied past don't mean you can't get your butt whooped"! FSU got strong and dang near unstoppable and guess what - it took a bit of steam away from the "traditional blue bloods" engines!

I do get the angle: womens college basketball for example wasn't as exciting when Connecticut was winning it every year and the games were not even competitive! I get that.
The thing in football is - much like Clemson - you have the opportunity to crash the party at P5 schools given the right circumstances. I wish Chris Peterson had taken his talents to a P5 school sooner instead of staying at Boise St. I think had he gone to an Oregon St. or a Arizona St he could have propelled them to the heights Clemson has risen to(because of hard work and a great coaching staff that evaluates talent well).
People are getting to where they actually "hate Clemson"! The question is and what I don't get is: "why don't people feel the same way about Alabama"? I mean, Nick is just following suit there. He has been special there - but it's nothing new! Is it about being comfortable?
People feel comfortable with the traditional blue bloods there - but nobody else - is that it? It's strange; honestly! Especially because Clemson should embody what all should aspire to be: "self-made"! Ryan Day and Nick Saban are coaching at places that had multiple National Titles well before they got there. Just another ho-hum thing for those schools. So, why is it so different?

It don't matter why! As the Rock would say: "take your silly behind opinion, twist that somma-blank sideways and shove it up your candy behinds"! Because: We Are Clemson!

And aren't going anywhere whether you are fatigued or not!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One word: Jealousy

Dec 20, 2020, 7:36 PM

They hates us cus that ain't us. It's really that simple. As you said, we crashed the party and took away from what some of them believed should have been their time to shine as "rightful blue bloods" or they were not football royalty but wanted to be that up coming program and we took that away. Mostly it is the former.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One word: Jealousy

Dec 20, 2020, 7:44 PM

I love how we have wiped the arrogant smirks of the sports media faces who always lived for us to come up short. Suddenly some even make a half gasped effort to pronounce the school name correctly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 8:08 PM

They aren't smart enough to pronounce Clemson the exact way that it is spelled, they will always Fk that up,just like everything else in their nasty little lives, with their empty big heads!!! They are compared to, or thought of as Mongoloids!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 8:01 PM [ in reply to One word: Jealousy ]

And now they believe that a Beamer is going to Beam them up. What they don't, or failed to understand, is that no bright light will last long enough to help them shine!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not Clemson's responsibility to stop winning...

Dec 20, 2020, 7:50 PM

it's the responsibility of the other teams to try to prevent Clemson from winning.

Excellence is the Standard.

In the immortal words of Ric Flair "to BE the man, you have to BEAT the man."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Re: Clemson Fatigue Nationally!

Dec 20, 2020, 7:57 PM

How could they be tired of Clemson winning, and not Bama. That has to be coming from the SEC losers out of coot Dumplumbia, that's the part of Columbia where usuc is located, and surrounded by Green st, Sumter st, Pickens, and Pendleton. Those streets completely surround Dumplumbia!!!

Dec 20, 2020, 8:05 PM

well said...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the voices in my head

Dec 20, 2020, 8:15 PM

where shouting when I read your rant (not surprisingly the voice sounded a lot like John Belushi), “What? Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!”

We weren’t invited so Dabo kicked down the door to the country club dining room, pulled up a chair and started eating. That “aw shucks” demeanor is just a front for a cold eyed assassin. An assassin with a plan so outrageous that no one realized that he was taking college football and remaking it to be the way he wants it to be. Let them hate. They only hate us because Clemson Football looks like it’s not leaving. Let everyone complain but recruits get it and want to be part of it.

I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying the show.

Re: What the voices in my head

Dec 20, 2020, 8:22 PM

You must be really young, Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japs!!!

Dec 20, 2020, 8:26 PM

How could you, a TigerNet Legend, miss the Animal House quote and the origin of the TNet term “Germans”? My whole world view is now in question.

Dec 20, 2020, 8:38 PM

Even prefaced with John Belushi. Wow! No soup for you! I did think that TNET Germans was a play on Germane though. Lorekeekers?

Message was edited by: TigerJS®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 9:13 PM

Maybe I made it up but more likely I heard from my former roommate’s brother’s girlfriend’s uncle who’s a TNet freshman with a 54% pulse. (sigh)

Dec 20, 2020, 8:19 PM

Everyone is just mad because they thought ND would win the ACC and knock Clemson out. Now they are really pissed that 2 ACC schools got in and an SEC school got shown the door. It's OK though because we know there is only one school that makes the SEC relevant! HAHAHA!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 8:22 PM

Well said HRT.

I think there may also be two or three other present day ‘phenomenons’ at play.

First, Dabo has placed his Christianity and morality at the forefront of everything he does. There are a LOT of people who are so anti-religion that they are insistent, adamant and hell bent at destroying any or all things ‘christian’.

Secondly, a lot of these folks are either in the media OR they’re extremely active in/on social media, thus we are constantly ‘barraged’ with news and discussion that is derogatory to Clemson.

Lastly, there are large fan bases at the schools such as 031O State, Michigan, Oklahoma, most of the SEC, out west who as was said above “they hate us cause they ain’t us” - mainly because we have ‘taken their place(s)’.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 20, 2020, 8:34 PM

Clemson fatigue = I’m tired of Clemson beating our ### every year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 8:45 PM

Thank you Dabo. You are quite a man. We thank you.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:20 PM

Who are all those folks “Nationally”?
Is this a social media thing?

There is a calming freedom in not caring of others opinions***

Dec 21, 2020, 2:48 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic