Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Children Do Listen To What Is Being Said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,799

Children Do Listen To What Is Being Said

Nov 16, 2020, 6:32 PM

This story happened years ago when the Clemson United Methodist Church was located across SC 93 from the Clemson Univ. campus. The children had gone forward for the Children's sermon and the minister had just begun his remarks. There was a side door down toward the front of the sanctuary. Usually this door was closed but on that Sunday the door was open. A cat came strolling through the door and went up to the area near the children. Everyone in the congregation saw the cat and a loud laughter erupted. A couple of ushers came to the rescue and caught and removed the cat.

The minister. rather than resuming his sermon at the point of the cat's entrance, repeated part of his sermon. One of the young boys said in a very loud voice, "you already told us that". That evoked another round of laughter and the minister was a bit flustered. He decided to forego the rest of his sermon and end the Children's sermon with a short prayer.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Children Do Listen To What Is Being Said

Nov 16, 2020, 6:40 PM

Our Minister was doing a children's sermon about how God changes us. He said that he changes us like a worm changes into a butterfly. My 4 year old son said, "...don't you mean a caterpillar?"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 7:33 PM

One of my sons got his Master's at U of Wisconsin-Stevens Point some years ago, and my wife and I went up for the grad ceremony. We had an enjoyable week visiting the state, including the GB Packers' facilities.

During the graduation ceremony, one of the grads pulled out a chicken, an old hen, from under his robe and tossed the hen up in the air. She fluttered back down to the floor, and the entire audience was amused.

That old hen started walking down the aisles and through the rows of people and seemed to be enjoying the ceremony herself. The hen finally made it up on stage and joined the dignitaries.

The chancellor was in the midst of conferring degrees upon this group and that group. He paused for a moment and yelled out, "And, I confer a degree to this chicken too." The place roared with laughter.

I still have a photo of that old hen walking through the rows of people.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 7:37 PM

ANy little kids say anything of interest?

When my kids used to go up for ‘children’s church’

Nov 16, 2020, 8:34 PM

My wife and I would hold our breath...

With that in mind...my middle kid (son) was 4 and being interviewed for a local church pre-school. Program was popular and difficult to get into. Administrator would interview the kids without the parents present...so we knew we were probably in trouble. Well, after the interview the lady comes out and is dying laughing. Told my wife that she gave my son a scenario where he was in a room alone and accidentally broke a vase. Asked him what he would do. She said he thought for a moment and then said “don’t tell noooobody”....he did not get into the program.

When I was 4..

Nov 16, 2020, 9:46 PM

Was at church Sunday service. My mom always brought paper or coloring books to keep me occupied because I was not one to sit still. I was coloring away when they starting reciting the Lord's Prayer. When they got to the part..give us this day our daily bread..she said I didn't miss a beat and loudly said..can we ask Him for some fried chicken too? Preacher cracked up and ended the prayer when the congregation could not stop laughing. Pretty sure she left me in the nursery after that.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,799
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic