Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COVID news hits home - UPDATE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

COVID news hits home - UPDATE

Oct 7, 2020, 5:20 PM

Well, what a ride this has been. Recently I shared that my brother was admitted to the local hospital having been diagnosed with COVID. This was especially disheartening for family as he is the recipient of one of my kidneys (Sept 2003). He was in bad shape.

Last Thursday the Dr. all but told my SIL that he was not going to survive the night. His fever was over 103 and had been that way (without breaking) for five/six days - even though they were pumping he with medicine and wrapping him in ice. He had digressed to the point that he was not clear minded and could not answer questions correctly. It was certainly a low point for the family.

Friday, mid-morning, however, he was sitting up and talking (answering questions) just fine. His fever had dropped to just over 98. Now, amazingly, his kidney appears to be functioning - but not yet ready to say all is good here. His kidney is producing urine but his body is still heavily poisoned so he is on dialysis on a 3 day rotation - hoping that this will save the kidney from completely failing.

More amazingly, though still COVID positive (and coughing a bit), he came home today at lunch! He is much better but is still in a fight. Please keep him (Jeff) in your prayers.

I suggested that he watch the last Championship that Bama lost to Clemson to get his system jump started.... he is a Bama fan!

Final thoughts, God has blessed us more than we deserve in this. I am thankful to Him, and to you for your kindness in prayer.

I pray you all have a blessed day.

Oh, and Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Hope he continues to progress!***

Oct 7, 2020, 5:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good news! Just keep each day better than the one before.

Oct 7, 2020, 5:38 PM

My cousin just avoided the vent and is off the bpap machine and only needs nasal o2. He had a few days that were touchy. He has improved the past 3 days now. Prayers being sent for both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's for your cousin.

Oct 7, 2020, 6:34 PM

to kick this virus' ###!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for your bro, J***

Oct 7, 2020, 5:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's he continues to quickly recover and get

Oct 7, 2020, 6:31 PM

that kidney back to normal.

Our neighbor just lost a niece in law to this ###### virus. There is still plenty of danger to this thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he continues getting better.

Oct 7, 2020, 7:54 PM

GO JEFF!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for the best. Amen!***

Oct 8, 2020, 8:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic