Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that the vaccine is distribution.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 648

Now that the vaccine is distribution.....

Dec 14, 2020, 12:44 PM

I think now is a good time to remind everyone that the “experts”, the media, scientists, fact checkers, and the usual tigernet idiots were dead wrong.

Trump was continuously undermined and mocked for saying the vaccine would be distributed by the end of the year. And he was correct. This was all done of course to damage Trump in the election.

The left’s favorite expert, who has been wrong on pretty much everything involved with coronavirus, always said it wouldn’t be ready until 2021. About a week before the election fauci said the US wouldn’t be back to normalcy by late 2021 or 2022. And of course after the election, he has backtracked. Either was completely unaware of anything involving the vaccine, or he was lying. Either way, he shouldn’t be taken seriously going forward.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/28/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh anybody could have done it

Dec 14, 2020, 12:47 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh anybody could have done it

Dec 14, 2020, 12:55 PM

Yeah those are the facts. Trump was basically a non factor.

Okay do me a favor

Dec 14, 2020, 1:00 PM

Re: Okay do me a favor

Dec 14, 2020, 1:03 PM

Germany. England. Right now. Thanks for coming, bud. You worship a chump.

Dec 14, 2020, 1:06 PM

Dec 14, 2020, 1:09 PM

He doesn't deserve any credit. I will take the word of the folks at Phizer that the USA had nothing to do with the roll out time. It was a race among many companies. Germany paid for it with Phizer. We were just awaiting our large order, like most of the world. You want to give Trump credit for the USA ordering some of the vaccine production from Pfizer? Ok. That's great he did that. It would have happened with any president. It's happening all over the world. The world is lineup waiting on their supplies.

Dec 14, 2020, 1:15 PM

This post didn't have anything to do with Trump taking any credit for the vaccine.

The point of the post was the fact that Trump was correct on the timing of the vaccine. You and your media bro's and experts were wrong.

That is all. But trigger away!!

Re: Oh anybody could have done it

Dec 14, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh anybody could have done it ]

No, actually Trump was a factor. He certainly wasn't on the ground developing the vaccine, but he played a factor. Your tired Lefty talking points are silly.

He was also providing accurate information to the public about the progress of the vaccine and he was continuously mocked by the media and fake experts. And guess what? You believed the people that were wrong.

"Hey, pharmaceutical companies, here's a whole

Dec 14, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Oh anybody could have done it ]

shitload of money, develop a vaccine really, really quickly!"

Yeah, not sure how Congress, or any other sitting POTUS, could have managed uttering a statement like that. It required Trump's really deft business hand to make it happen. Expert opinions on the amount of time vaccine development takes are based on....wait for it....every other vaccine ever created throughout history. What pharmaceutical companies can accomplish with essentially unlimited funding is impressive, as well as unprecedented. Predictions for the timeframes for the next pandemic vaccine will presumably be adjusted accordingly.

I mean, unless the MRNA breakthrough was actually based on the use of bleach and internal light, which it may be, and I just haven't seen the link yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Hey, pharmaceutical companies, here's a whole

Dec 14, 2020, 1:08 PM

19B said:

shitload of money, develop a vaccine really, really quickly!"

Yeah, not sure how Congress, or any other sitting POTUS, could have managed uttering a statement like that. It required Trump's really deft business hand to make it happen. Expert opinions on the amount of time vaccine development takes are based on....wait for it....every other vaccine ever created throughout history. What pharmaceutical companies can accomplish with essentially unlimited funding is impressive, as well as unprecedented. Predictions for the timeframes for the next pandemic vaccine will presumably be adjusted accordingly.

I mean, unless the MRNA breakthrough was actually based on the use of bleach and internal light, which it may be, and I just haven't seen the link yet.

That's not the point you bozo. No conservative thinks that Trump was on the ground producing the virus. A lot of people had a hand in developing and distributing the vaccine. All should be commended.

Why was Trump basically the only person right on the timing of the vaccine distribution?

Re: Now that the vaccine is distribution.....

Dec 14, 2020, 12:49 PM

Yeah, sad to see the TDS-filled journalists on all the MSM networks making fools of themselves all the time.

Re: Now that the vaccine is distribution.....

Dec 14, 2020, 12:51 PM

https://twitter.com/acosta/status/1234967163812925442?s=21

https://twitter.com/greenhousenyt/status/1299173803319341056?s=21

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1261393441352634369?s=21

Those didn’t age well***

Dec 14, 2020, 12:57 PM

Well, that second one really doesn't make sense.***

Dec 14, 2020, 1:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"(He) will need a miracle to have a vaccine by the end of

Dec 14, 2020, 12:57 PM

year" -NAZIMSNBC

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

The federal government is the key to solving our problems!***

Dec 14, 2020, 12:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: The federal government is the key to solving our problems!***

Dec 14, 2020, 1:04 PM

No the government is not the answer to our problems. That's not really the point. Not surprising that you misunderstood. This is the fastest a vaccine has ever been produced and distributed and it was under the direction of project warp speed. I understand that Trump himself did not produce the vaccine. It was a great coordinated effort.

The issue here is that Trump was right the entire time and the the left undermined him to make him look bad.

Why was the media so vehemently repeating false information? Why was Fauci so clueless on the vaccine?

Dec 14, 2020, 1:07 PM

No the government is not the answer to our problems. That's not really the point. Not surprising that you misunderstood.

Aha. OK.

This is the fastest a vaccine has ever been produced and distributed and it was under the direction of project warp speed.

You mean Operation Warp Speed the government program? And you're saying it directed the solution to the problem?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Dec 14, 2020, 1:12 PM

spooneye® said:

No the government is not the answer to our problems. That's not really the point. Not surprising that you misunderstood.

Aha. OK.

This is the fastest a vaccine has ever been produced and distributed and it was under the direction of project warp speed.

You mean Operation Warp Speed the government program? And you're saying it directed the solution to the problem?

Maybe i misunderstood your original post??

Operation Warp Speed has been a great success and it is really going to benefit the United States....

The Government is not the answer to all of our problems.....

But it is the answer to some of our problems?

Dec 14, 2020, 2:46 PM

or just the problems that involve you?

Also, comparing the speed of a vaccine to others is absolutely stupid. It's 2020 and the technology we have is exponentially better than the past, times 100.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fauci is correct. We don't get back to normal until

Dec 14, 2020, 1:15 PM

more Americans get the vaccine than currently say they would take it. So there's that. Then you have worldwide distribution, which will take a good 5-8 years (or more) to get 70% of the world vaccinated, if you even can get to that percentage. So it will be around somewhere forever basically, or at least 8-10 years in a best case scenario. And that assumes it doesn't just mutate. At which point we could go back to square one.

Fauci blew that whole fall surge thing too.

"Normal" in the US doesn't come until late 2021 at the earliest. More likely early 2022. If we can even get enough of the anti-vax wackos to take the vaccine, and assuming it doesn't make everyone's #### fall off, or the virus doesn't just mutate and laugh at us. But yeah, we have another 2-4 months of this thing doing whatever it will do. The vaccine will likely not stop the winter surge before it would die down anyway. But it will help the summer be better, and when it returns next fall, it will be more like this past summer at worst. So yeah, 2022 looks to be hopefully back to normal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

difficult to manage expectations against this normalcy bias

Dec 14, 2020, 1:40 PM

people want to wave their hands and just make it all go away.

Someone has to be the bad guy and level with people, then he/she automatically gets labeled as a loony "SciEnTist".

First of all, Fauci wasn't wrong.

Dec 14, 2020, 1:38 PM

July 2020:

"We are participating today in the launching of a truly historic event in the history of vaccinology," Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during a news conference on the Moderna vaccine, the Post reported.

He predicted that researchers would probably be able to tell whether the Moderna vaccine was effective by November or December, although he added that it was a "distinct possibility" an answer could come sooner. Pfizer officials have said the company expects to be able to seek regulatory authorization or approval for its vaccine by October, the Post reported.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-07-28/final-coronavirus-vaccine-trials-get-underway

September 2020:

Fauci said he expects 50 million doses to be available in November and 100 million by the end of December. He expects a total of 700 million doses by April.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-usa-hearing/most-americans-to-be-vaccinated-for-covid-19-by-july-cdc-chief-expects-idINKCN26E2XL

Secondly, just because they're beginning to distribute the vaccine now doesn't mean everyone's gonna get it by the end of the year. It's reasonable to believe things won't be back to normal for another year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d say I partly agree with you. He did get the first vaccines out

Dec 14, 2020, 4:49 PM

faster than expected. We can debate all day for who gets that credit, but under his presidency that did happen faster than expected. However, I will say that it will still take a long time before everyone has the chance to get it. As a healthy person in their early 30s, I don’t expect to be able to get it until 2022. It will take time to produce that many vaccines. Shoot we still haven’t even produced enough tests, you can’t get a same day rapid test where I live, usually needs to be scheduled 2-3 days in advance. But the first vaccines were absolutely distributed faster than expected.

But it is funny to see Trump supporters yelling that Trump deserves all the credit for a vaccine that they don’t trust enough to take.

Replies: 24
| visibility 648
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic