Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mark Richt, meet unemployment line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1,382

Mark Richt, meet unemployment line

Nov 30, 2013, 4:16 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he should have been gone 5 years ago

Nov 30, 2013, 4:20 PM

he'll resurface with Valdosta State or somewhere like that. A total fraud.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he should have been gone 5 years ago

Nov 30, 2013, 4:31 PM

Are you kidding? He's not the best coach in the nation by any stretch, but are you familiar with what the term "fraud" means?

this is what i do know. Off the field mess virtually every

Nov 30, 2013, 4:39 PM

year. Underachieving program every year. Teams always jawing, suspensions, coming out flat year after year, TONS of kids going to NFL every year, trouble in and around that program virtually every year, etc., yet he sits there and tries to come off like he's a saint. He's just like Urban Meyer to me. Their fan base fits the program too.

Re: this is what i do know. Off the field mess virtually every

Nov 30, 2013, 5:09 PM

I would 100% agree that they've been an underachieving program, and they certainly have their character issues. I would also agree with he's very similar to Urban Meyer in the sense that he pretends to be a better person than he is, then I would agree.

However you suggested he would land at a place like Valdosta State, which I took as you saying he was a fraud regarding his ability to coach football...which I would disagree with. If he's fired from Georgia, he's going to land at a solid program. Think Nebraska (if they get rid of Pellini even though they said they're not going to), Louisville (if Strong is recruited to Florida) or potentially even as high as Southern Cal or Texas.

i'll agree with that. The Valdosta State remark was a snide

Nov 30, 2013, 5:16 PM

remark due to my feelings towards that program as a whole. I don't respect them as a program and never have. They were shady under Dooley, a mess under Donnan, and Richt does less with more than arguably any coach in the nation. I'm surprised the fans haven't stormed the football offices with how they operate. Pardon my sarcasm with the Valdosta reference but he has some Bowden in him in the sense that i'm sure he is a good man personally but he allows a lot of BS to go on in his program every year, as witnessed by the pregame crap at the Hill, today's game against GT's jawfest at midfield, and all of the other stuff. I have more respect for a Switzer type who doesn't portray anything other than what he is and his teams reflect it. The Richt's, Meyer's, Bobby Bowden's, of the world don't impress me. Your point is taken, though. Richt is among the best recruiters in the nation, hands down. However, I wouldn't want him on Clemson's sidelines under any circumstances.

Re: i'll agree with that. The Valdosta State remark was a snide

Nov 30, 2013, 5:19 PM

Ok fair enough, then I would agree with you. I especially agree with you that he's got a lot of Tommy B in him in the sense that he's a great recruiter but doesn't really know what to do with it.

it's hard to get us old guys to let up on UGa and FSU

Nov 30, 2013, 5:25 PM

because it goes back to the '70's for some of us....and some of us never grow up...LOL. I think there's a reason that Tommy B, for example, isn't back in coaching. It may be by choice, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that he's not highly though of in coaching circles for coaching skills, etc.. Good man though, i'm sure, personally. A telling point during last week's game: John Bunting was calling the game...former UNC coach and former NFL scout. He said that in the '90's and early '00's Clemson was among the worst in the nation to visit because players would be late, wouldn't know their show times, coaches wouldn't have them prepared for workouts, etc....we were not the only ones but were among the worst he dealt with as a scout. Hmmmmmm, interesting seeing how TB came off as such a "good man" type to some fans. Bunting went on to say that under DS, the program has turned around "in all of the little things that show substance and organization".....interesting. DS is growing as a coach but hearing things like that are what impresses me. He drinks a glass of accountability, discipline, and give a #### about and for his players every day. That impresses me.

Re: it's hard to get us old guys to let up on UGa and FSU

Nov 30, 2013, 5:39 PM

Haha yea I don't have the same bad blood towards UGA or even South Carolina because I'm not an SC native, and wasn't a big Clemson guy until arriving on campus in the fall of 2004 (though since then I've lived and died with the program).

That's interesting to hear about the organizational level of the program from an NFL scouting standpoint. Whether you like or dislike Dabo, it's impossible to deny he's worked wonders in terms of getting this program in the right direction. It's great to hear that this improvement has gone beyond putting the right coordinators in place, and reaches all levels of the program.

got it. went to my first UGa/Tiger game in '77 at their

Nov 30, 2013, 5:58 PM

place...hated them ever since. Chickens, UGa, FSU, 1, 2, 3 on the bad list. Been around their fans too much, seen all of the mess around their programs too much, saw us begin to have similar issues in the mid '90's, much worse than folks really knew. Had a HS buddy working at Jervey for 4 years in the mid '90's and we had some big time issues, some reported, some not. TB did wonders for us with facilities, etc., but had a lot of his father in him in the sense that he was a good man for himself, and a good man in a lot of ways....the for himself part was the downfall. Dabo is the real deal characterwise and he has a lot of the same dirt under his fingernails that his players do. Those relationships will go far beyond football and that's what counts.

Re: got it. went to my first UGa/Tiger game in '77 at their

Nov 30, 2013, 6:40 PM

Thanks for that info!

Ya I think Dabo, a guy who grew up in a poor household which was often turbulent, does wonders in connecting with recruits who grew up in similar conditions. Overcoming that childhood has also given him a strong, iron-clad character.

Maybe Richt and Muschamp can split the cost of one of

Nov 30, 2013, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: he should have been gone 5 years ago ]

those resume websites!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muschamp's situation is much different

Nov 30, 2013, 4:43 PM

Those guys haven't found an offense since he went there. I have no idea how they made it to the Orange Bowl last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree with that. Tell me,

Nov 30, 2013, 4:22 PM

Who could UGA possibly find (and afford) that could keep up with their crazy fans exaggerated expectations? Realistically, they need to stick with Richt.

you are correct....now that i think about it.....they need

Nov 30, 2013, 4:28 PM

to keep him....the program and his staff deserve each other.

Also, how would Clemson do?

Nov 30, 2013, 4:31 PM [ in reply to I disagree with that. Tell me, ]

Imagine if Clemson lost Sammy Watkins in the first game this year, then had most of its secondary out for portions of the season (as we did last year). Then imagine we lost Martavis Bryant for a large portion of the season, while also having Charone Peake out for a few games. Then Roderick McDowell missed a few games while Zac Brooks was lost for the year in the fourth game. Finally, we lose Boyd in the second to last game of the year just before facing South Carolina.

I'm not sure we'd come close to winning, and it wouldn't be Swinney's fault.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also, how would Clemson do?

Nov 30, 2013, 4:37 PM

Exactly. They've been more beat up with injuries than nearly any team I've ever seen.

dawg recruits take a look***

Nov 30, 2013, 4:31 PM

He's a hell of a recruiter...

Nov 30, 2013, 4:33 PM

But not the greatest coach in the world. I'd keep him though. It's hard to find coaches that can recruit like Richt year in and year out.

All those injuries

Nov 30, 2013, 4:34 PM

And it still took a miracle to keep them from winning the east.

Glad some of you aren't my boss.

Let's not forget how close they were to a

Nov 30, 2013, 4:34 PM

national championship game appearance last year.. and the injuries they've had this season. I hope Richt stays :)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i do appreciate the coot whoopin***

Nov 30, 2013, 4:35 PM

the only time all year I will pull for UGa.....

Nov 30, 2013, 4:46 PM

great job Dawgs. We'll pay you back for that by blasting you next year.

Re: the only time all year I will pull for UGa.....

Nov 30, 2013, 5:20 PM

OP...you sound foolish when you post that... advantage, no one will no you. Richt leaves when HE wants to leave.

But he's a good Christian!!!!

Nov 30, 2013, 5:21 PM

Thought I'd stir the puddin'....ha ha...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Richt is staying, I just hope DC is as well...

Nov 30, 2013, 5:23 PM

...but I'm willing to bet this is the end of the line for him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

No way, they had a ton of injuries***

Nov 30, 2013, 6:08 PM

NO WAY!!!! Injuries are NOT his fault.

Nov 30, 2013, 6:11 PM

He is one of the classiest coaches in college football. If UGA fire him, I will NEVER watch another college football game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1,382
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic