Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breaking News--Alabama Files for Injunction to Stop Play-Off
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,565

Breaking News--Alabama Files for Injunction to Stop Play-Off

Jan 2, 2015, 8:42 AM

Alabama, along with co-plaintiffs, the SEC and ESPN, plans to file in Alabama District Federal Court, requesting an injunction against the new requirement of a play-in game, to participate in the NCAA National Championship game. Alabama will argue that they have already proven themselves in the brutal SEC west division, and that it is cruel and unusual punishment to require an additional "play-in game", to participate in the NCAA college football championship. The filing will occur as soon as Monday, January 5, 2014.

Named as co-defendants in this action, along with the NCAA, are the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12 and the National Play-off Committee.

If this injunction is granted, the NCAA will have to revert to the old BCS system, and place the two highest ranked teams in the polls, in the National Championship game. That would result in FSU and Alabama playing for the championship, although the game will likely be postponed until March or April, as an appeal will surely be filed, if an injunction is granted.

This action has caught the NCAA and the other defendants, completely off-guard, as it had been widely assumed that Alabama would easily qualify for the title game, by winning their play-in game. However, things didn't go as expected in their game against Ohio State, as the Buckeyes continued this week's dominance of the SEC by the Big 10, ACC and Big 12.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breaking News--Alabama Files for Injunction to Stop Play-Off

Jan 2, 2015, 8:55 AM

HOF!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, glad you like it!***

Jan 2, 2015, 9:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Saban files for divorce, has eye on Finnebalm....***

Jan 2, 2015, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2015, 9:45 AM

So let me get this straight, they filed this last January 14th?

Jan 2, 2015, 11:29 AM

Meant Jan 5th 2014. LOL
I have already dated several things 2014 not 2015

Hmmm...can't believe I did that :)***

Jan 3, 2015, 11:32 AM

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,565
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic