Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone who is saying Dabo needs to be fired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Anyone who is saying Dabo needs to be fired

Nov 25, 2012, 6:30 PM

Is out of their friggin mind. How can you not see what's happened the last couple years? Facility upgrades...top 10 recruiting classes...Division titles...consistently ranked in the top 25...10 win seasons...hiring of top coordinators

These are things we haven't seen since the early 90's. Clemson is on the rise. You can't expect a football program to just go out and win national championships left and right. We're just now getting ready to step and compete with the big boys but it's still a work in progress. This year was just another step and next year will be even better.

Good God...since when did a 10-2 season (with the 2 losses coming to TOP 10 TEAMS) merit calling for the coach's head? Get real people. I'm upset over the losses too, but Clemson is on the rise and will continue to rise under Dabo. Rome wasn't built in a day.

We've had the 2 seasons in 20 years back to back. THE MAN IS DOING HIS JOB

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, after reading some of these posts

Nov 25, 2012, 6:33 PM

I would think some people would be OK going 1-11 with our only win against the coots. It's sad. I know it's the coots, but still.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone who is saying Dabo needs to be fired

Nov 25, 2012, 6:33 PM

simple there are a lot of idiots on this site that know little or anything about the game of football. this team will do nothing but get better with recruiting going the way it has been.

I meant to say "the best 2 seasons in 20 years"***

Nov 25, 2012, 6:34 PM

10 wins against little competition

Nov 25, 2012, 6:44 PM

Those 10 teams we beat. What kind of losing record do you think they had?
Pathetic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10 wins is 10 wins....ask Arkansas

Nov 25, 2012, 6:46 PM

I don't care who yer playin. Would you rather be the worse team in the match-up week in and week out and go 3-8?

No, actually it isn't. Do you think a ten win team in the

Nov 25, 2012, 6:53 PM

big east or MAC is as impressive as a 10 win team in SEC or even Big 12? It's not and the ACC this year was no better than the Big East.

Yes, it is

Nov 25, 2012, 7:12 PM

I know conference means a lot, but lets not get carried away. The Big East's best would struggle against the ACC's middle (See UL vs UNC). But this ain't the MAC. Its a BCS conference with BCS talent on the rosters. I'm not gonna go out and say that the ACC is the SEC or Big 12....

But you have to agree that a 10 (or 11) win Clemson in the ACC is better than a 6-5 or 7-4 or even 8-3 SEC team

Oh wait...

Nov 25, 2012, 7:13 PM

I didn't mean to say that a 10 win MAC team is as impressive as a 10 win SEC/Big 12 team. That's foolish

But comparing the MAC to the ACC is a little ridiculous

the SEC has 6 in top 10, zero in top 11-25.***

Nov 25, 2012, 7:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 25, 2012, 6:42 PM

Finally, a post that makes sense!

He shouldn't be fired

No one with any sense thinks he should be fired. But he does have some serious work to do. If, at the end of 2014, we still do not have any real depth of talent on our OL and DL, THEN will be the time to seriously consider his position.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He shouldn't be fired

Nov 25, 2012, 6:47 PM

Our O-line will be great next year...Norton should be a great replacement for Dalton

D line will be good too....deep at DT with some STUD DE's coming in (Hopefully)

We've been hearing "should be" for several years...

Nov 25, 2012, 6:53 PM

It's time for "should be" to translate into "is". Two more seasons.

True,

Nov 25, 2012, 6:55 PM

Although I think out O line was solid last year, and even better this year. We've had some great D lines the last 3-4 years too

Great? Seriously?

Nov 25, 2012, 7:00 PM

Ok

Re: Great? Seriously?

Nov 25, 2012, 7:08 PM

Well, maybe not great as a whole. Last year was solid with Branch and Thompson. Bowers was sensational the year before that. Don't forget Jarvis Jenkins andRicky Sapp too

Re: Great? Seriously?

Nov 26, 2012, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Great? Seriously? ]

We have put 4 DL into the NFL has high round picks the past 2 years (Jenkins, Bowers, Branch, Thompson). They were pretty great, we just didn't have the team around them to capitalize, unfortunately.

I take more issue with him stating that our OL was 'good' last year. I think it was pedestrian, at best.

So now he gets 6 years, when he was hired everyone agreed

Nov 25, 2012, 7:16 PM [ in reply to He shouldn't be fired ]

4, 5 max was needed to prove yourself, esp considering he took over a program already rebuilt by TB in a rapidly declining ACC.

Re:No sir, you are not doing your job when you lose 4

straight to SC. My expectations are a lot different from yours.

I guess so

Nov 25, 2012, 6:48 PM

Cause not many programs would consider a 10 win season not meeting expectations. You should replace Dabo!

In all seriousness though...

Nov 25, 2012, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re:No sir, you are not doing your job when you lose 4 ]

Would you REALLY rather be 6-4, unranked, and headed for the San Diego County Community Credit Union Papa Johns Breast Cancer Awareness Fight Hunger Bowl with a win over SC?

Or where we are now?

Re: In all seriousness though...

Nov 25, 2012, 7:00 PM

Never Argue With An Idiot__
they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with expreience !!!!!!

Right on!***

Nov 25, 2012, 7:02 PM

Re:No sir, you are not doing your job when you lose 4

Nov 26, 2012, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re:No sir, you are not doing your job when you lose 4 ]

So even if SC is the best team in the country in a given year and we're the, say, 3rd best team in the country, you're still firing the coach?

You can't take rivalry wins or losses completely in a vacuum. There has to be context as to how good our rival is when we play them. 4 in a row is upsetting, but it's not as upsetting as losing 4 in a row to a bad program. They're better than us right now - a top ten program. But we're pretty close and heading the right direction, maybe a top 15 program at this point.

I live in South Carolina and have to deal with Coot smack-talk as much as anyone else, but seriously? You really can't take it enough that you think the best option is trashing the staff behind building a consistent top 15 program because they had trouble beating a top 10 program? Grow a pair, man.

Obviously your expectations are lower than mine and Dabo's..

Nov 25, 2012, 6:58 PM

He has said many times that the goal is the national championship and that will never happen if he can't beat USC. His recruiting has been good at certain positions and pretty poor at others. He had ten wins against terrible competition...this team would be 8-4 at best in the better conferences.

There's truth to that

Nov 25, 2012, 7:02 PM

Don't get me wrong here....my expectations are to beat USC and to win a championship too. I hate the peckers and I hate ol Ball sac and everything coot

But how successful do you expect to be in such a short amount of time? You can't just expect a national championship every year. Now, you can expect to beat SC every year, but the reality is they are good now and we just happened to play our worst game of the year.

I think Dabo is doing everything right (minus the SC losses) to get us closer to that goal of winning the NC. It will some.....2013 baby

Go tigers

Of course he shouldn't be fired. How many people on here

Nov 25, 2012, 6:58 PM

have been calling for his firing? It's got to be a very low percentage. That said, one of the most important aspects of his job is to beat his rival...and in that area he's not generating results right now. That needs to improve, although I don't see it happening until the gap between our o-line and their d-line narrows significantly.

well ive been bored all day and have seen lots...haha***

Nov 25, 2012, 7:03 PM

At what point does the USC game become important again?

Nov 25, 2012, 7:01 PM

I'm not calling for Dabo's head, but give me a number. 6 straight losses? 10? When does it matter? No response means it will never be important again and you will be HAPPY to lose to USC until you die.

Losing to the coots is a symptom of the problem...

not the problem itself. The way they've continued to beat us in recent year clearly exposes the holes in our program. Fill those holes, fix those problems, and beating the coots will start happening again.

The holes can't be filld by a grossly under qualified HC. ***

Nov 25, 2012, 7:18 PM

Dabo won't be fired. He will be in the SEC next year--maybe at Auburn.

Do you really believe that?

Nov 25, 2012, 7:05 PM

And if so, do you think Auburn would hire him without Morris coming as OC being part of the deal? Seriously?

There's NO WAY Dabo is anywhere else next yr. 0% chance***

Nov 25, 2012, 7:09 PM

lol i want what you are snorting***

Nov 25, 2012, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone who is saying Dabo needs to be fired ]

haha***

Nov 25, 2012, 11:31 PM

Nov 26, 2012, 1:03 AM

Just wish Dabo could win a bowl game or beat USC. Spurrier has made him look like a rookie on and off the field

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic