Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Also, from this weekend, Greenr & fam went
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 326

Also, from this weekend, Greenr & fam went

Jan 19, 2021, 9:53 AM

Here:
https://tarheeltrailblazers.com/trails/col-francis-beatty-park/

The kids biked while wife and I ran, got 6+ miles before someone told us the trail was closed. Unfortunately, they have no signage telling us that (nor does their website say it) so we were amongst about 50+ riders we saw out there.

and here:
https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/901333/sherman-branch

The kids biked while wife and I ran, did the entire yellow route which is right around 6 miles. The kids got REAL tired, but they got pumped when we reminded them they were the ONLY kids out there and most everyone else was 30+ years older than them. I wish I had been able to do this as a kid, I would have LOVED it. They love it for about 4 miles, then get really really tired.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Used to go here:

Jan 19, 2021, 9:59 AM

https://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/lick-fork-horn-creek/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The buddybook algorithm got its claws into me

Jan 19, 2021, 10:01 AM

and started showing me tons of downhill MB vids, and I'll watch'em all. Some of them fellas area nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPVF-ZDQfY&ab_channel=MattJones

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How busy of a place is that?***

Jan 19, 2021, 12:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on if Greenr and his 15 children are there

Jan 19, 2021, 12:33 PM

tearing #### up

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Both places were pretty busy BUT there is alot of trail to

Jan 19, 2021, 12:45 PM [ in reply to How busy of a place is that?*** ]

spread out on. The second place had a full parking lot when we left.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you spread out Sheenr?***

Jan 19, 2021, 12:50 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you spread out Sheenr?***

Jan 19, 2021, 1:02 PM

only once

I believe I've biked there, but it wasn't that nice then.

Jan 19, 2021, 12:36 PM

The Tarheel Trailblazers do a lot of nice work, but in the winter I think they have an unwritten rule that if it's rained within 48-72 hours (can't remember) the trail is closed to prevent rutting and erosion.

I still liked the trails at Anne Springs in FTM. Also not sure if they're still there (probably been paved over by now) but I used to ride the trails off Tyvola a few times a week after work. If they're still there, they're fun and kids can handle. If you're. coming from the airport, just look for Bobby Phills' skid marks and hang a left into the park.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The stated rule is 24 hours, we waited 48, but oh well.

Jan 19, 2021, 12:49 PM

I was impressed with the second place for sure, it was great.

The Fort Mill Greenways are members-only crap right now with visitors paying $5 a head on weekdays only (due to Covid) to ride/run. I have run those trails before and we are thinking of joining in order to use them. A $10/month membership makes sense when it would be $25 for us to ride one day.

We keep wanting to ride the USNWC but we only get the all-weather trail. Hopefully everyone in the family wants to keep riding this summer. If not, I can sell three bikes to recoup my losses.

lulz at the members only thing at ASG.

Jan 19, 2021, 12:50 PM

As often as not I'd forget my dough and drop some change from under the seats into the box for posterity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they man the gates now (maybe not). I never carry

Jan 19, 2021, 1:02 PM

cash so I would fake put money in the box when I would go run out there if others were around.

Replies: 11
| visibility 326
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic